CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

28 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I point out the obvious and get down voted?

you all enjoyed those magical BR rounds, ya?

miss them?

Because it's an argument from lore rather than from what is actually good for gameplay.

You might as well argue for sprint. 

• Like (+1) 2

nerf AR but give it high magazine capacity. i always thought it was fucked that you can basically get 1 kill max per reload with some guns. its like guns in cod holding 6 bullets before reload. yea 32 or 36 is realistic in real life but if it takes an entire mag to kill one guy without nades or melee then increase the capacity. same with pistol. 1 kill per reload isnt fun imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well the game looks and feels terrible on OG xbox one, running at only 30fps. Halo 3 MCC feels and looks better than this. Aiming is better than halo 5 tho

Nothing would make me happier than sprinting and sliding constantly being a sign of not knowing what the hell you are doing. It seem like that might end up being the case too. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:36 PM, Mr Grim said:

Can we get comparisons of the br commando and sidekick to the autos? As long as the perfect kill time is quicker for the utilities I think it's fine the way it is. 

So Commando based on what I'm reading here/reading on Reddit is .95-1 second (s).

AR based on Reddit is 1.15s for headshot bonus. 1.4 for body shots

Sidekick based on what I've seen here from @Sitri's post several pages back is 1.1s.

BR is 1.5s or 1.6s it doesn't seem like we've come to a consensus on that.

@_Synapse How do you feel about the ravager? It seems to violate your area denial rule, but it lasts just like what 5 sec? Personally, I think that it's primary fire is a bit redundant, if not completely unnecessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hvs500 said:

I still like infinite. With a couple of changes, I can easily see it being the best halo since ce.

I think we are bit overreacting here since the bar is so low.

It could by the best 343 Halo, that's for sure.

Like what about the maps. You think they will be any good? 

There is literally no 343 map that I really like honestly. There are only bad and terrible maps.

Even Reach, at least to me, had far better map pool than any 343 Halo. They might not have been the best competitive maps, but I still had a blast playing them. Aside of the terrible armour abilities that broke all of the maps, they definitely offered interesting scenarios, had more thought, character and visuals Identity to them. 

If the first map is any indicator of the quality we are getting here...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • WutFace (+0) 1

14 minutes ago, Sosa Baby said:

Well the game looks and feels terrible on OG xbox one, running at only 30fps. Halo 3 MCC feels and looks better than this. Aiming is better than halo 5 tho

Lol well no shit it runs horrible but atm the game isn’t optimized well. I’ve played games like this launch should be better. Buy got the OG one ehh 

12 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Keep AR TTK as-is, buff the precision weapons.

All we need is no no bloom and a nerfed recoil for the commando, same thing for side kick as for the BR make it 1.1 second TTK faster ROF

Why does zooming in 343 halo feel so jarring and weird compared to classic? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

There is literally no 343 map that I really like honestly. There are only bad and terrible maps.

Even Reach, at least to me, had far better map pool than any 343 Halo. They might not have been the best competitive maps, but I still had a blast playing them. Aside of the terrible armour abilities that broke all of the maps, they definitely offered interesting scenarios, had more thought, character and visuals Identity to them. 

I think the only 343 map I have ever somewhat liked was Haven, which is why it's the only map you'd ever play on in Halo 4 since voting was enabled. Speaking of which, I really hope we get a veto system over voting.

Just now, TeeJaY said:

Why does zooming in 343 halo feel so jarring and weird compared to classic? 

It’s because they’re using h5 aiming mechanics 

The commando is so much worse when you scope in, like hipfire across the map is better

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Keep AR TTK as-is, buff the precision weapons.

Reduce it's range a bit and remove head shot damage. Or keep headshot damage only if you tap the trigger.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Reduce it's range a bit and remove head shot damage. Or keep headshot damage only if you tap the trigger.

I think the AR is fine if precision weapons get buffed

everyone complaining about scoping in being worse, go under the aim sensitivity settings and you can adjust the sensitivity of zoom for different optics, i think .8 is perfect, i use zoom much more often now

29 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

So Commando based on what I'm reading here/reading on Reddit is .95-1 second (s).

AR based on Reddit is 1.25s

Sidekick based on what I've seen here from @Sitri's post several pages back is 1.1s.

BR is 1.5s or 1.6s it doesn't seem like we've come to a consensus on that.

This is one of the faster shooting brs isn't it? And it's a 4 shot. 1.5 to 1.6 sounds way too slow for that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

This is one of the faster shooting brs isn't it? And it's a 4 shot. 1.5 to 1.6 sounds way too slow for that.

We’ve had faster TTK BRS 

LoL maybe a 343 dev will hop in here for the first time in forever seeing as how relatively positive the reception is. Halo 5 was pretty much shit on when we first started playing it.

Naaaah

The plasma carbine is actually unbelievably strong if you hit shots with it but its so fucking hard to do that its basically luck and not skill so far when it happens 

Zoom is actually trash and makes it harder to shoot than just not zooming in I have no idea what is happening there

I think the commando actually has a huge skill gap to it right now

• Upvote (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

From what videos I have seen of the map that looks like white dirty blocks, the pathing looks crooked or hastily thrown together. It resembles a very poor forged map. One ramp in particular just seemed like beginner forge effort.

the only map 343 made for halo that came close to reasonable was Longbow.

i honestly don’t care if infinite is good or bad. I want to see what they do with halo as an IP though. Where are they planning to take it next?