CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Well they said they have all the tools ready to change and tweak everything, so hopefully they will response accordingly? Nah?

• Thonking (+0) 2

Hey if you set your minium FPS to Max FPS increased I got 110 RN it feels smooth nowb still clunky moments but better than 60. Fluctuating to 90

I do tend to forget that there are those 12 die hard H5 fans that think that game is some type of masterpiece and that their opinion probably has a pretty large effect on what is or isn't in Infinite since it was the most recent game and made by that same studio. At least 9 of them are going to be pissed that Infinite doesn't have thrust as a base mechanic and this could easily be a game that pleases no one completely by trying to appeal to all the fans of a 20 year old franchise. 

• Fire (+1) 1

It's been so long since Halo was "good" (as in a game that the community universally agreed was good) that I pretty much had figured Infinite was going to be a game that would be heavily divisive. Tack on the fact that multiplayer is going to be free for the masses (in large part), this game could be the shittiest Halo to date, and a majority of the community would still eat it up. 

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

So we get rid of charge/groundpound/thrust, nerfed sprint even more, binned the anime power rangers and added proper Halo-looking weapons back...

... but they brought Reach's bloom back.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hoduwvd5y4uy3xt27n

They brought bloom back after they literally patched Halo Reach and removed bloom in competitive settings after they took control of the game from Bungie...

You can't make this up.

I'm still waiting to install the damn thing because of the server overload but after seeing just a few clips I'm thinking Halo 5 might be a better arena FPS than... Whatever the hell this is starting to look like...

All we needed was Halo 5 with less autoaim and removing dumb shit like sprint, thrust and ground pound.

The weapons sure as shit weren't the issue with Halo 5, it was everything else, I don't understand why they felt the need to change their mechanics AGAIN.

• Like (+1) 1

So I downloaded it and uh...

well...

I am actually digging this...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1

So the br being a 4 shot gives it what time to kill? 1.2, 1.4?

It has plenty of issues:

- Janky networking related issues
- Usual stuttery menus in a beta
- Pistol shoot too fast and takes too many shots to kill
- Bloom

But overall honestly this feels pretty good. I don't even sprint because it's not needed. Clamber is slow and shit, making actually hitting jumps important. Sound design is fanstatic.

If the kinks are ironed out and they tweak these weapons this could be fun.

• Like (+1) 5

Anyone get this working with an AMD card? I downloaded the driver they suggested and it still shows a black screen when I launch.

1 minute ago, TeeJaY said:

Anyone get this working with an AMD card? I downloaded the driver they suggested and it still shows a black screen when I launch.

I alt+tabbed out and back in and that fixed the black screen for me. Probably not going to be that easy to fix for everyone though.

20 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I alt+tabbed out and back in and that fixed the black screen for me. Probably not going to be that easy to fix for everyone though.

I got it to load, I just had to let it sit for like 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I got it to load, I just had to let it sit for like 10 minutes.

Well the good news is this flight is literally to fix problems like these.

48 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

So I downloaded it and uh...

well...

I am actually digging this...

Shekkles is ex communicado in 15 minutes

25 minutes ago, SoldatDuChrist said:

Shekkles is ex communicado in 15 minutes

I am definitely the odd one out lol. With enough polish this feels like a banger to me. That sniper sound is :ace:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Is the technical preview just against bots?

I'm seeing all these Twitter journalists talk about how "it's the best halo in a long time", but I'm like how the F can you gauge that when it's against all bots ffs lol.

Is 343’s plan, of letting you stat on bots, helping to shape your initial experience with Infinite into a positive one or are you quickly left feeling unfulfilled from the lack of a real challenge?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Hey if you set your minium FPS to Max FPS increased I got 110 RN it feels smooth nowb still clunky moments but better than 60. Fluctuating to 90

Yea like I said last night, I was getting 60 fps with dips with 30min, 120max.
Then I set it to 120min, 120max, and I was getting fairly consistent 90fps with hardly any dips. 

It made the game much more playable but it sadly did not fix the god awful MnK aiming or the awful gun play. 

We need to come up with a clever hashtag for twitter asking for them to remove bloom and recoil and all start spamming that hashtag hard.

how bout
#haloinfinite #RemoveBloomAndRecoil #FixTheAiming

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Is 343’s plan, of letting you stat on bots, helping to shape your initial experience with Infinite into a positive one or are you quickly left feeling unfulfilled from the lack of a real challenge?  

It's really just a first weekend flight. There will be plenty more I can imagine, letting you play against the players. I think it's good for getting the feel of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the life of me I can't get my mouse to work on Xbox One. Keyboard works fine but the mouse doesn't do anything. Is there something I'm supposed to do to get it to work?

It's a Razer Deathadder Chroma.

Tried my Razer Mamba Elite as well as completely restarting my Xbox with the controller disconnected and still there's no mouse control in game but I can move around with the keyboard

9 minutes ago, MATCLAN said:

MK50 Sidekick
- Reload is very, very fast if done before the magazine is empty. Takes slightly longer if you use every bullet.

What are your thoughts on punishing players who fire their weapon?  Or is an extended reload good because it promotes ‘ammo management’, a valuable mental skill on par with timing power weapons?