CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Is there really heavy aim? Looked responsive as hell 

yeah Snip3down showed that there was. maybe he had the wrong settings or something idk

At this point I just gotta look on the bright side this is a months old build from current and I’m hoping none of these issues are at launch! 

The poor boy is in denial:tear::tear:

Also if you want to see what good aim looks like, look at Halo 5 beta footage. Infinite's aim looks much more like default H5 than the beta.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

The poor boy is in denial:tear::tear:

Also if you want to see what good aim looks like, look at Halo 5 beta footage. Infinite's aim looks much more like default H5 than the beta.

The gameplay yesterday looked responsive 

Man if they brick aiming with a controller again I won't really have anything to say I'll just leave lol. If they mess up mouse and keyboard aiming that would be bad but not as surprising 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

The gameplay yesterday looked responsive 

No it didn't lol. Once again, look at H5 Beta gameplay. There is an obvious difference that you can tell just watching the player look around.

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Man if they brick aiming with a controller again I won't really have anything to say I'll just leave lol. If they mess up mouse and keyboard aiming that would be bad but not as surprising 

Honestly I don’t hate h5 like the rest of y’all I hate the aiming which is why I don’t play it. Start making Heavy aim post now so 343 can do something before it’s too late 

Finally I van download it myself and see if any here are exaggerating. Some of y’all are nitpicky AF to the tiniest detail so I don’t believe most of what y’all say sometimes JS.

25 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Video I took of the sniper bloom

🤮

Probably goes without saying but every precision weapon except the BR (Pistol, Sniper, Commando) has substantial bloom. Not as much as vanilla Reach obviously, but it will no doubt have a noticeable impact on gameplay.

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

So we get rid of charge/groundpound/thrust, nerfed sprint even more, binned the anime power rangers and added proper Halo-looking weapons back...

... but they brought Reach's bloom back.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hoduwvd5y4uy3xt27n

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Played about 2 hours today. Sprint feels basically worthless. Beyond the usual points as to why sprint sucks, this is the most pointless implementation of it. It's not too much faster than the base speed. 

The pistol feels like I'm hitting people with a wet noodle. I have no idea how they thought making the player feel like a 4 year old with a pool noodle was a good idea. 

Some positives, the sniper isn't piss easy, BR felt okay but slow TTK, commando is alright so far. The AR and Needler need to be reworked. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Probably goes without saying but every precision weapon except the BR (Pistol, Sniper, Commando) has substantial bloom. Not as much as vanilla Reach obviously, but it will no doubt have a noticeable impact on gameplay.

Sigh does affect in close-mid ranges or just long range? 

Just now, OG Nick said:

Played about 2 hours today. Sprint feels basically worthless. Beyond the usual points as to why sprin

Naded tested it and 6 seconds to get to the end no sprint 5 seconds sprint 

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

So we get rid of charge/groundpound/thrust, nerfed sprint even more, binned the anime power rangers and added proper Halo-looking weapons back...

... but they brought Reach's bloom back.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hoduwvd5y4uy3xt27n

Reach is one of the more popular Halo Games. Most of the people still playing today are Reach Kids, they have to cater to the fanbase 

• Hooked 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Sigh does affect in close-mid ranges or just long range? 

Probably minimal effect close range but no doubt will have an effect by mid range.

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

Probably minimal effect close range but no doubt will have an effect by mid range.

Damn. Tbh a spammy pistol like that not having bloom be a no no it’s ROF needs to be like h5s for no bloom to be acceptable. Commando as long as close to mid it’s good and only long I can be ok. The BR should at least be 1.2 TTK not 1.6 shit that’s slowest it’s ever been 

41 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Perf optimization might be the worst I've EVER seen. Uncapped framerate on a 3090 hitting low 40s and like 12% GPU utilization. WTF 343? 

Also, the aiming feels like straight ass. 

I set my min to 120 and my max to 120 and got a pretty consistent  90 fps.  Felt much better after I did that.  But aiming is awful agreed. 

Ok I downloaded game but I’m getting 3 dots upper left corner(signifying loading) and I got the mouse cursor that mcc is known for how long did it take to load.

nvm I’m good 

30 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Perf optimization might be the worst I've EVER seen. Uncapped framerate on a 3090 hitting low 40s and like 12% GPU utilization. WTF 343? 

Also, the aiming feels like straight ass. 

I've thought the aiming feels good, but I've got the exact same issue with framerate. Only got a 2080 TI but getting like 40-45 fps, feels like shit. Go into the training ground or whatever its called and it feels fine, idk what the hells going on with it.

4 minutes ago, TheFloyd said:

I've thought the aiming feels good, but I've got the exact same issue with framerate. Only got a 2080 TI but getting like 40-45 fps, feels like shit. Go into the training ground or whatever its called and it feels fine, idk what the hells going on with it.

Do beta builds like this usually have poor frames like who here codes? 
mouse aiming feels ok if you ask me it’s just low FPS 

13 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Played about 2 hours today. Sprint feels basically worthless. Beyond the usual points as to why sprint sucks, this is the most pointless implementation of it. It's not too much faster than the base speed. 

This is genuinely good. We even said in here that if sprint added 0 movement and just had an animation and a FOV increase to "seem" like it would do something then that's great because the people that like sprint don't understand what it does. So they're happy and people that know what sprint does are happy because it doesn't cripple maps.

• Like (+1) 6

I can’t believe they have mouse magnetism I’m about to give it a try lol 

lol guess this is one way to balance it out and I’m getting 90fps

I am not to impressed after playing this for 30 mins.  I played only on MnK so far.  Going to try controller tomorrow.  Off to a bad impression. 

I don't know how to express the overall feeling other than it feels clunky. The Movement, the aming, the weapons.    
They drop way too many barrier equipment.  Going to be so annoying against non bots. 

I may just have to see how their "competitive" settings turn out.  Really sad the sidekick and BR are not better.  Not to mention can never find BR.  sigh and when I do it doesn't feel right. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy crap, when you don't full empty you pistol clip and reload, the animation is faster vs when you full empty a pistol clip.

• WutFace (+0) 1