CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

17 minutes ago, TBCT said:

Now THIS is how you delay a flight/beta :weback:

Well when you got a shit ton logging on at once I can see why there’s issues. And even other triple A company’s have these issues on new games, especially their betas and alphas 

And Ske7ch just tweeted no start time was ever announced.

8 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Well when you got a shit ton logging on at once I can see why there’s issues. And even other triple A company’s have these issues on new games, especially their betas and alphas 

And Ske7ch just tweeted no start time was ever announced.

I'm just messing around, I don't really care that much, just bored lol

Just now, TBCT said:

I'm just messing around, I don't really care that much, just bored lol

Oh lol. I wish they’d of let us pre download though. I don’t know if it’s servers(probably is) or it’s the build itself. lol feel bad for those with bad internet. 1.2 baby! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

1.2 baby! 

1.2 what, megabits?  

Weapon pitch to 343-

The ion wave is a support weapon that utilises ionising radiation and forerunner wizardry to negatively or positively ionise enemies, dependant on the firing mode. Fires in a pattern similar to the heatwave's horizontal fire. 

PURPOSE-

To prevent team pushes by bonding enemies together into clumps or making them repel each other. 

SPECIFICS-

Like charged ions repel, unlike charged ions attract. Only 1 hit needed to ionize enemies. Mid range. Players are attracted/repelled from reasonably large distances. Other properties tbd upon playtesting.

COUNTERPLAY-

Projectiles can be dodged, bound players can jump in the water to free themselves, Sustained plasma can be also used to achieve the same result, albeit leaving the players at one shot.

NICHE USE-

Can make players attract or repel weapons.

37 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

They're not forge maps.  The dev world doesn't function too differently than forge in a lot of ways.  You end up reusing assets creatively however you can, retexturing them, rotating them, etc.

How much reuse should be going on in a 6 year dev cycle game launching with like 7 maps.... different question.

I understood this. But I would not be surprised if the map was forged. Talking about devs using forge would not be something 343 would want to do right now. They don’t want the product to seem cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

Thoughts so far:

• The game looks really weird now seeing full gameplay. Definitely not a fan of the HUD so far, looks like a F2P CoD clone I could get on steam.
  • What are these maps man, Jesus Christ.
  • Grenade hitmarkers are in, but disabled in competitive? What? They're already making dumb compromises and the game isn't even out yet.
  • BR and pistol look weak compared to the AR, this is H5 all over again. I legit see people running PP + AR again, which is a big no no. The Commando might have potential, but has spread? Yikes.
  • Camo and OS as equipment is still dumb, but it seems at least we have static timers.
  • Movement looks good so far.
  • So far I don't hate the new weapons, which is already an upgrade over H4 and 5.
  • PP has the same ultra-magnetism of H5, but Infinite doesn't have thrust... hmmmmm
  • Salt (-1) 1

Would you prefer the OS and Camo H3 globes over H5 equipment?

I have always assumed that the equipment approach was to make the game seem newer and improved from older technology titles. But there is an additional user interaction with equipment. I wonder now why they moved away from the simplicity of walking through the globe?

6 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Would you prefer the OS and Camo H3 globes over H5 equipment?

I have always assumed that the equipment approach was to make the game seem newer and improved from older technology titles. But there is an additional user interaction with equipment. I wonder now why they moved away from the simplicity of walking through the globe?

They said it in the stream yesterday - "we liked the concept of power equipment" in addition to a brief mention of the risk/reward of potentially handing over an OS/Camo to an opponent if you tried to hold it for too long and got killed before using it.

It makes sense, but will change the meta around these items. Hard to say whether it's good, bad, or just a bit different until there's a good amount of data from skill matched PvP games and a few LAN tournaments to clearly demonstrate optimal use (likely map & gametype dependent) and interplay with the rest of the sandbox that as yet is either unrevealed or quite likely to be different at launch than it is in any of the ~2 month old builds we'll get to play in technical tests and such.

26 minutes ago, Basu said:

Thoughts so far:

• PP has the same ultra-magnetism of H5, but Infinite doesn't have thrust... hmmmmm

Thrust is equipment.

58 minutes ago, Boyo said:

1.2 what, megabits?  

1.2 TB download 50 upload. I download a 50+ GB worth of shit super quick. I’ll wait like 30 minutes and it’s done 

28 minutes ago, Basu said:

BR and pistol look weak compared to the AR, this is H5 all over again. I legit see people running PP + AR again, which is a big no no. The Command

All the casuals complaints about precision starts. Honestly how do you yell if it has spread? 

• Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

1.2 TB download 50 upload. I download a 50+ GB worth of shit super quick. I’ll wait like 30 minutes and it’s done 

1.2 TB download..... I don't think so. I'd need a speedtest screenshot to believe that.

• Like (+1) 1

Jeez that map looks COD as fuck. 

Why do I keep reading the "Mombasa" story, a Multi-player map with chairs, tables and clutter don't belong in Halo. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TheFloyd said:

1.2 TB download..... I don't think so. I'd need a speedtest screenshot to believe that.

Well I get 800 because I use other things 

I Have Comcast 

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Well I get 800 because I use other things 

I Have Comcast 

I think you mean GB not TB

14 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

Jeez that map looks COD as fuck. 

Why do I keep reading the "Mombasa" story, a Multi-player map with chairs, tables and clutter don't belong in Halo. 

To chairs tables not exist in halo or something? I seriously believe this is just a “I hate 343” moment because I don’t see a problem here. 
my internet plan is 1.2 TB. I get 800 down on average.

Just now, TheFloyd said:

I think you mean GB not TB

We’re not talking about Game Battles but thanks anyway.  

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

The 800 down is wired I get about 180-200 wireless. I pay 120$ monthly me and my brother 

sket7ch just tweeted they’re working on an issue and I was right it was server related.  Why do betas(idc if that’s not the official name) always have server issues @MultiLockOn

Just now, Reamis25 said:

The 800 down is wired I get about 180-200 wireless

Ya, just i think you mean you get 800 MB/s not 800 GB/s

• Simms (+1) 1

Ske

21 minutes ago, TheFloyd said:

Uhh yeah that’s what I get. Lol I said 1.2 TB. I could of said 1.2 GB but my plan is just 1.2 TB of speed. 1.2 TBMB 

ayye I may be one of the first testers as I’m west coast and they’re prioritizing that 

Ske

23 minutes ago, TheFloyd said:

Uhh yeah that’s what I get. Lol I said 1.2 TB. I could of said 1.2 GB but my plan is just 1.2 TB of speed