CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

50 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Totally different games imo why would you compare them?  And Halo Infinite is free to play ....

They both use the same part of my brain to play.

• Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

They both use the same part of my brain to play.

Imagine if 343 added weapons and maps from CE, 3, and Reach and made them play exactly like they did in their respective games. We could have a Halo 3 playlist inside of Infinite, projectile BR and everything. Same with CE.

32 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

They love clamber so much they made an auto clamber setting, that's defaulted to on....

tenor.gif

At least you can turn it off.  

So you mean it activates without a button press? Like you simply clamber by walking to a ledge? If that is the case, then clamber simply adds vertical movement to... 

walking...

3 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

How is this a perfect?

Looking back on that video at the 9 minute mark, why the dust ME map?

This isn't CSGO is it?

Player takes damage but isn't kicked out of smart scope 

• WutFace (+0) 8

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I calculated about 10 frames per shot, so 70 frames for a perfect kill - around 1.2 seconds.

You don't count the first shot, because that one has no delay.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Player takes damage but isn't kicked out of smart scope 

It looks like it may depend on the type of weapon, players get knocked out of scope when using the Commando

15 minutes ago, Zdann said:

It looks like it may depend on the type of weapon, players get knocked out of scope when using the Commando

What instance 

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

By this dumb as fuck logic, the Sniper Rifle is a useless weapon, that no one goes for.

You can easily be affective even against aware players with a sniper. Sniper isn’t just successful on the unaware, especially in halo.  Good look killing a competent player with the needler in ant halo when they’re aware of you. My logic is very sound especially the weapon you tried counteing with you fucking moron. Next time if you’re gonna refute use something that I can’t comeback with. Hell Tylenul a h3 streamer be sniping kids while getting blasted by a BR even against pros like bubu 

• Salt (-1) 1

I think it's good that the speargun isn't as effective against infantry, makes the trade off more interesting. 

16 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You can easily be affective even against aware players with a sniper. Sniper isn’t just successful on the unaware, especially in halo.  Good look killing a competent player with the needler in ant halo when they’re aware of you. My logic is very sound especially the weapon you tried counteing with you fucking moron. Next time if you’re gonna refute use something that I can’t comeback with. Hell Tylenul a h3 streamer be sniping kids while getting blasted by a BR even against pros like bubu 

The Sniper Rifle and the Needler are at their absolute strongest when fighting unaware opponents you ignorant jackass. And using H3, a game with a weak as fuck sandbox, that gives the Sniper all the time in the world to line up a free shot, even in a COMPETITIVE setting doesn't tell the story you think it's telling. The Needler is also capable of killing aware opponents, but you're definitely at a disadvantage. Not useless though, by your clown tier logic.

You didn't refute shit, my point still stands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

The Sniper Rifle and the Needler are at their absolute strongest when fighting unaware opponents you ignorant jackass. And using H3, a game with a weak as fuck sandbox, that gives the Sniper all the time in the world to line up a free shot, even in a COMPETITIVE setting doesn't tell the story you think it's telling. The Needler is also capable of killing aware opponents, but you're definitely at a disadvantage. Not useless though, by your clown tier logic.

You didn't refute shit, my point still stands.

Oh I definitely did refute it. You can’t say fuck h3 sandbox to justify your horse shit.your point is pointless simple as that. The same thing happens in every halo even CE. Good luck killing someone who's competent with a  needler who’s aware of you in any capacity. A weapon is good if I can kill you while being aware if I can’t do it then honestly it sucks id never use it. It’s a troll weapon and as some like to point out works only in campaign. 
lol I knew damn well you’d bring up h3s sandbox thinking it refutes something. Funnily enough h3 needler is actually pretty good too

• Downvote (-1) 3

26 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

I am going to say this again. Sprint makes the maps and gameplay generally so much worse. Will never accept it as a core feature.

By building your maps around sprint and clamber, they will always suck and look weirdly stretched and unnatural. No designer and artist will help you here.

Call me stuck in the past all you want.

Stuck in the past 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8
  • Salt (-1) 1

@Reamis25 So the Sniper Rifle is useless and no one goes for it because aware players can descope you take your AA. Good logic. Keep contradicting yourself, it's hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Good thing is, they removed all the extra advanced movement abilities, and I must say, gameplay looks much cleaner and smoother.

Also, when it comes to visuals, putting aside the uninspiring artstyle, it looks much cleaner and more grounded than H5. It's quite better to look at.

It's also quite apparent, they are focusing much more on small, but very important things that were overlooked in past. Looks like there really are some very capable people that know their shit and they also have stronger voice this time around.

Don't know how it will appeal the masses, but it could be a solid game. 

There still are some very bothersome aspects to the game, but this time it feels more like 343 is not fighting with us, but more with the people leading the company.

I say good job.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if they are bringing these ordinance companies back and maybe making them more built into the game.  
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/beyond entertainment

I was just browsing my Service Record on Halo Waypoint and found another reason to never play Halo 5 again, not that I needed one.  And I know this KD is nothing to be proud of, but I want it to stay the way it is. 
QsDWBHl.jpg

Also props to these guys for having some of the highest KDs in the BeyondEntertainment Ordinance. 
I think I only saw two people with below 1.0 KD
l95w4ih.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

I'm surprised no one is really talking about how OP the AR looked. Very concerning. If it's in competitive then that's a problem. That thing was shredding, the guy in the second piece of footage who was actually good at the game basically didn't use the Sidekick at all. He just sprayed the AR from range to get a lot of assists. 

I also hated how clamber looked... It just feels wrong. Dude was using it so frequently and it really breaks up the rhythm of the game. 

That being said there were a lot of positives, gameplay looked snappy. Them turning off hitmarkers in competitive gives me a lot of confidence that they finally understand competitive NEEDS different settings. When they reveal the settings then we can properly critique the game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna reserve any negative comments I have until I get some game time in this weekend, but I'm glad to see the strafe looks crispy, GP, Spartan Charge, and thrust are gone, and the game menus, weapon designs and overall art style look much better than H5. So even though Infinite won't be exactly what I want, it does look like it's shaping up to be what I was expecting, which is a fun game I can play with my friends for the next couple of years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Szantana said:

thrust are gone

About that…

7 hours ago, Hemlax said:

By building your maps around sprint and clamber, they will always suck and look weirdly stretched and unnatural.

The alternative is fairly difficult though.  A developer would need to come up with alternative mechanics and learn how to design maps that make those unique mechanics pop.  Sticking to a sprint-ads gameplay model allows map designers from other games to easily transfer their existing skills over to Halo.