CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

21 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

No it does not. 

The needler was always meant to be a silly ass campaign weapon. Idk why players want it to be good in a mutiplayer setting.  It will either be useless or OP.

3 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

The needler was always meant to be a silly ass campaign weapon. Idk why players want it to be good in a mutiplayer setting.  It will either be useless or OP.

I do like the concept of a supercombine though, turning an enemy into an explosive.  

Honestly at this point, we need more silly weapons. In this landscape where CoD and Battlefield and Fortnite reign supreme, Halo needs stuff thats a bit more interesting than just clicking on heads.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Bro, camo lasts for 20 seconds.

3 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

So Commando = 1.0 TTK

BR = 1.6

Anyone catch the sidekick? 

11 frames per shot, seems to be a 7SK. So 1.1s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

3 hours ago, Silos said:

A couple interesting tweets.

Mouse aim assist... What in the...

I mean, if it's for social playlists or campaign that's fine, but I hope that's not going to be available in competitive settings or tournaments... I'd hate to see an ARENA FPS have it's aiming dumbed down for tournaments just so EliteSl4Y3R1337 can get his first and only 360 no scope.

I'm still watching the preview video.

The ability to drop weapons is an awesome feature. So much better than having to find a useless weapon to swap, my mate plays BTB with me and always wants to give me the sniper. Many times I tell him to just hold onto it and make sure he jumps off the edge if he dies because swapping for another weapon is just too much effort sometimes.

I imagine this will play a big part in tournaments much like CS players buying an AWP for their teams main sniper.

I wonder how far it can be tossed and if that will have some crazy strategies like tossing a sniper to a team mate on a higher ledge you can't reach.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Bro, camo lasts for 20 seconds.

Tactical camo.  

15 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Because guns that aim for you are popular with people that can't aim.

Jk the real reason is because watching people explode in pink mist is funny.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

How difficult a weapon is should be directly proportional to have difficult it is to use.  A weapon with homing bullets and a wide ass RRR is easy as shit to use, as such it shouldn't kill very fast.  The projectiles are definitely faster and the RRR is still very forgiving. Making a weapon "good" by making it "easy" is not fun.

In some cases it actually is still fun. Not ever weapon needs to take a ton of skill to use. 

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I say just remove it from multiplayer because there’s no winning with this argument. 

7 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Mouse aim assist... What in the...

Idk if that’s a typo error or actually aim assist for mouse. Lol if it is we can finally be on an even level controller players

13 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Because guns that aim for you are popular with people that can't aim.

Dual needlers was pretty great not gonna lie. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

In some cases it actually is still fun. Not ever weapon needs to take a ton of skill to use. 

You seriously don't fully read what people write do you? I never said, and nobody here has really, that EVERY weapon has to take a ton of skill to use.  Just if it doesn't take a ton of skill, it shouldn't have comparable damage output to a weapon that does.

Also learn to multiquote

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

So it sounds like the Commando is the ideal starting weapon. BR is too weak and the sidekick's range is too limited. 

8 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Just if it doesn't take a ton of skill, it shouldn't have comparable damage output to a weapon that does.

I dunno... I'd love to see a Redeemer in BTB

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

I dunno... I'd love to see a Redeemer in BTB

I don’t like how the player is just left standing there though, essentially AFK while he’s flying the projectile.  

15 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

take a ton of skill, it shouldn't have comparable damage output to a weapon that does.

Let me rephrase some weapons can be on par with other weapons even if they take less skill. 
Never! 

• Thonking (+0) 2

People on waypoint already blaming competitive players for lack of assassinations. Makes no sense.

Just now, TeeJaY said:

People on waypoint already blaming competitive players for lack of assassinations. Makes no sense.

It’s because the words balance or competitive always goes back to us. 

So I take it that the entire point of the Commando's existence is to make the DMR more twitch shooter friendly.

• Thonking (+0) 1

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I don’t like how the player is just left standing there though, essentially AFK while he’s flying the projectile.  

It has a dumb fire mode as well. But I mean, a player being AFK for 20 seconds for a freakin' nuke isn't exactly a bad trade off...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

It has a dumb fire mode as well. But I mean, a player being AFK for 20 seconds for a freakin' nuke isn't exactly a bad trade off...

I don’t think those type of extreme risk/reward mechanics are good for gameplay (go AFK in exchange for a flyable bomb).  

• Like (+1) 3

Look, y'all know me as a fairly positive person, I don't talk a lot of smack, generally express concern over getting mad, etc.

My very first thought watching that multiplayer match was "how is this more boring than Halo 5?"

I'm still looking forward to playing it, I honestly am, but it feels like they mashed the default movement speed from Halo 3 with the movement abilities from 5, then kinda dusted off their hands and said "there, that'll bring in the classic AND new players!"

Again, just my initial rabble-rabble-rabble, hoping for the best!

So when can you download this build? Have they said?