CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I can appreciate how responsive everything looks. Like no halo except h2(and this is debatable) has looked that responsive 

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Another thing I'm noticing is that I feel like with this game they actually care about the people playing it. A lot of devs just say those things but when they're saying "player first" they seem to actually mean it and come with examples to back it up when they do say it. From those settings I noticed earlier that I think are important to the battle pass model and how this guy mentioned how a lot of games just add chores I think I'm pretty on board with their general attitude towards how to make the game in terms of just making a game that you play for fun and the enjoyment rather than fomo feelings

Gamepass is what allows them to do this, imo. They don't need to focus on nickel-and-diming the player, they just want you to get invested the "Xbox ecosystem" and start giving them 15 dollars a month for the rest of your life. I personally see this as a good thing overall. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

And that there is why it’s sucks. It shouldn’t only be useful against the unaware that’s fucking stupid that’s why no one in comp picks it up ever. It’ll be a weapon you don’t just ignore 

That doesn't mean it sucks.

• Like (+1) 2

Is nobody gonna mention they’re bringing back 8 second respawns? Does this company ever learn?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, darkstar said:

Is nobody gonna mention they’re bringing back 8 second respawns? Does this company ever learn?

if they took nade markers off in comp i'd assume this was changed too.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Maybe not to you but to me it does. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Exidrion said:

if they took nade markers off in comp i'd assume this was changed too.

Oh yeah I heard in a tweet they’re doing that. Neato. I mean it’s mostly us who care(us = comp players) 

343 has a nasty habit of assuming non-comp players = people absolutely ok with dumb shit

• Like (+1) 4

I'm just eager to feel the aiming. It's probably the only deal breaker for me.

12 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

343 has a nasty habit of assuming non-comp players = people absolutely ok with dumb shit

Lol it’s partially true. Since it’s only comp players who actually care about some of the complaints here. 

13 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I'm just eager to feel the aiming. It's probably the only deal breaker for me.

Lol me too but looking at that gameplay tells me it’s responsive. Looo at any h5 gameplay and shit don’t look nearly as good

If you pay attention you’ll notice you only show on radar when sprinting and shooting 

37 minutes ago, PolyG said:

A weapon that is generally useless in a majority of cases isn’t the definition of sucks?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly a spray weapon with homing bullets deserves to suck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

A weapon that is generally useless in a majority of cases isn’t the definition of sucks?

It isn't useless in a majority of cases. It's very useful in singleplayer for example. In Multiplayer it is less useful, for good reason.

I have mixed feelings. Need to play to be sure. The player/gun art style looks great, really happy with that. But the environments don't look scifi or Halo whatsoever. Why is Bazaar not looking like Old Mombasa? Why does the training facility map bear no resemblance to The Pit (another training facility) or literally any other Halo map. Very rigid blocks, I'm not feeling them aesthetically. Extremely bland. I hope the others maps don't suffer from this.

In terms of gameplay I think I need to feel it in my own hands to see how it plays. Seeing it played on those bland maps was visually unappealing so I'll see how it goes on the weekend.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

It’s a nIcHe

44 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Honestly a spray weapon with homing bullets deserves to suck.

No it does not. 

Watched a few minutes of the slayer match. Game looks boring and forgettable if I’m being brutally honest.

Not gonna lie, at this point I kinda wish that 343 attempted to make Halo "faster" by just making weapon switching fast as fuck, and turning the gameplay into a style thats all about finding the right combos that works for you. Because at this point, military hitscan rifles that laser people from across the map are kinda getting bland. I wanna launch a dude with a gravity hammer, and then switch to a Skewer or Shotgun to finish him off and send his ragdoll flying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

idk man just compared to what BF2042 is offering...

Still, I'm open minded. There are some games that make me want to die playing, but I find watching them very enjoyable and there are other games I have the opposite feelings for.

• Thonking (+0) 1

9 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

Not gonna lie, at this point I kinda wish that 343 attempted to make Halo "faster" by just making weapon switching fast as fuck, and turning the gameplay into a style thats all about finding the right combos that works for you. Because at this point, military hitscan rifles that laser people from across the map are kinda getting bland. I wanna launch a dude with a gravity hammer, and then switch to a Skewer or Shotgun to finish him off and send his ragdoll flying.

I’m actually curious on how fast you’d want it because infinite so far from what I’ve seen has the fastest(h2 button glitches don’t count) 

17 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

No it does not. 

How difficult a weapon is should be directly proportional to have difficult it is to use.  A weapon with homing bullets and a wide ass RRR is easy as shit to use, as such it shouldn't kill very fast.  The projectiles are definitely faster and the RRR is still very forgiving. Making a weapon "good" by making it "easy" is not fun.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

I’m actually curious on how fast you’d want it because infinite so far from what I’ve seen has the fastest(h2 button glitches don’t count) 

Like I said, fast enough that you're practically dual wielding them. I wanna see shit like shooting the Needler at a guy, swapping real quick to a sidekick or whatever to pepper him with damage and switching back all before the first volley of needles have finished.

Even if that means making each weapon's individual killing power weaker, with the assumption that you're practically throwing out double the bullets/plasma bolts anyway. 

• Upvote (+1) 1