CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, TheFloyd said:

Halo 2 and Halo 3 were drastically different from vanilla to competitive. So this isn't a bad sign at all.

I know they were, but I don't think that it was ideal then and I especially don't think it's ideal now. A lot of modern competitive games have more parity between their social and competitive playlists but Halo has gotten farther and farther from that type of parity with every game.

• Like (+1) 2

That perfect Commando kill looked pretty quick!

Also, Perfect announcement/medals are back. :)

• Like (+1) 1

Sprint is understandable, but holy hell, clamber looks so clumsy and overbearing with near every vertical object activating it. Give me my 360 degree unlimited traversal....

• Like (+1) 9

343 and their need to over complicate the UI

the medals are barely noticeable now, ech 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That commando perfect TTK was definitely fast. Hell everything looks fast. Also no heavy aim boys that shit looked way responsiv 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dunno, I kinda enjoyed that match. At the very least it looks closer to Halo than anything we've seen in a decade. Obviously not a fan of sprint and clamber but they weren't going anywhere.

Just now, ARUKET said:

I dunno, I kinda enjoyed that match. At the very least it looks closer to Halo than anything we've seen in a decade. Obviously not a fan of sprint and clamber but they weren't going anywhere.

Honestly I didn’t mind it at all. 

I noticed responsive aim, the game loads very fast almost as fast as h3 360, guns on point, map looks really neat, movement responsive etc

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

That Commando was a seven shot perfect kill.

That's a 1 second kill time isn't it.

Yeah, 10 frames per shot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ARUKET said:

The BR is a fkn 5 shot lmfao

i honestly thought i saw a 4 shot. Might be wrong, but we'll know soon enough. 

Just now, lofike said:

No it’s not. They weren’t completely accurate the BR doesn’t look hitscan

Just now, lofike said:

Looked like a 4 burst kill to me if all 12 bullets were on point and the last one hits the head. But it looked like they just never actually pulled that off in 4 bursts in the live footage shown.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, lofike said:

There were a couple instances during the shooting range where it looked like he landed every shot and the 4 shot was only sufficient to pop the shields. But we'll see. Maybe he missed one and if you aim perfectly you can headshot with the last bullet of the 4th burst.

I don't like clamber being in the game at all, especially with the kind of pace they set here. Infinite is clearly much faster than Halo 5, and you could just avoid this entirely with better jumping. Why are they doing this.

Perfect killtimes are definitely fast, base movement speed too. Strafe, base movement, super quick

Frags do WAY more knockback and really toss players around, at least it seemed that way. 

Needler kills really fast, I don't think it should supercombine that quickly.

The weapons are really spammy looking? The scattershot could fire like, 2x faster here when he wanted it to. Sidekick is pretty spammy too

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Needler kills really fast, I don't think it should supercombine that quickly.

For once it doesn’t suck 

Sprint pretty much just looks like an animation that allows for sliding. Makes it even more pointless in a way, but oh well. Just interested to see how the game feels at this point. My only hope is that it plays well as a casual game to play from time to time, if nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

For once it doesn’t suck 

I don't think it really 'sucked' it's just that the main purpose of the weapon is to get an easy kill on a target that isn't looking. That was the main role of the weapon. It's not supposed to take down a wary opponent attempting to dodge it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Another thing I'm noticing is that I feel like with this game they actually care about the people playing it. A lot of devs just say those things but when they're saying "player first" they seem to actually mean it and come with examples to back it up when they do say it. From those settings I noticed earlier that I think are important to the battle pass model and how this guy mentioned how a lot of games just add chores I think I'm pretty on board with their general attitude towards how to make the game in terms of just making a game that you play for fun and the enjoyment rather than fomo feelings

• Like (+1) 2

I got the impression from quite a few weapons that you'll definitely be able to turn and drop someone quickly if you're perfect and they're not. I'm looking forward to the sheer amount of footage these technical tests will generate for us to obsess over.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I don't think it really 'sucked' it's just that the main purpose of the weapon is to get an easy kill on a target that isn't looking. That was the main role of the weapon. It's not supposed to take down a wary opponent attempting to dodge it.

And that there is why it’s sucks. It shouldn’t only be useful against the unaware that’s fucking stupid that’s why no one in comp picks it up ever. It’ll be a weapon you don’t just ignore 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1