CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

41 minutes ago, xSociety said:

3090 checking in. I'll be sure to post some sweet Ultrawide footage at max settings (if they even give us settings). 

Maybe it's a seniority thing. I only joined recently.

1 hour ago, Pyroteq said:

I do wonder if there's anything you can do to increase your chances of getting in. I've been invited to the Halo Infinite insider flight and many of the previous insider flights consistently for years now.

My specs are starting to get a bit ancient now.

• Intel i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
  • 32GB DDR3 RAM
  • GTX 1080

I actually just updated my DirectX file 2 days ago as I previously had a GTX 1060 and 16GB of RAM, I wonder if updating it to a 1080 increased my chances of getting in.

Bare in mind I've also actually submitted feedback, including video demonstration of bugs several times so actually being a useful beta tester might help future chances as well.

I also played a lot of Halo 5 when it was first launched and have a fairly regular pattern playing MCC so not sure if your actual play time in any previous Halo games helps at all.

I do imagine a fair amount of people chosen are chosen at random as well, after all, remember what Bungie said during their Halo 2 updates? Gotta make sure 40 year old soccer mums can enjoy playing the game too (gag). 343 has to ensure gaming journalists don't die to easy bots over and over...

A bit ancient HAHA fucking HA

I have a ryzen 2600 and 16 gigs of ram and just upgraded to a 1080 Ti and a 1440p screen like 3 months ago.  100 FPS at 1440 is fine for me.  Previously I was lucky to get over 50fps on low on a 1080p screen.

A friend of mine works for Microsoft so he was in their internal flight and keeps being like, "yeah so get ready to play halo 5, i mean halo infinite..." and he's saying this after confirming that all the advanced mobility shit sans sprint is gone so my fear is we have yet another spinty boi EZ-Mode Halo game on our hands.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Maybe it's a seniority thing. I only joined recently.

Yeah, they said as much on Twitter. 

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Let's not get too crazy. 

Don't play on 3440x1440 at 165hz like I do though, it will ruin so many good monitors. 

There is nothing wrong with 1080p and/or lowering settings, just never play on 60hz. If you're gaming on PC nowadays you HAVE to get 144hz+. 

Other than killing bots, what are some things we should/could test this weekend? It might be pretty limited if we can't get other people on the other team to test weapons in-depth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just now, Crimson said:

Is the headshot thing with shields officially debunked or?

It is undebunked.

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

There has never been an issue with Halo population in Australia. The issue has been that the last few games have been shit and so people play better games. Also, as someone that grew up playing Halo 3 on yellow bar, MCC Halo on US West is perfectly playable. Not as good as a local connection of course, but it's fine for social gaming.

If Infinite has projectile and similar kill times/aiming as Halo 3 then I hope playing on US West is fine. I don't mind playing against or with Americans. If Infinite is hitscan... well then that sucks. Hitscan SUCKS on anything but LAN and still sucks on LAN because it's hitscan.

What’s the ping for west coast for you? 

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

play halo 5, i mean halo infinite..." and he's saying this after confirming that all the advanced mobility shit sans sprint is gone so my fear is we have yet another spinty boi EZ-Mode Halo game on our hands.

I think the reason he may of said that is because of sprint clamber and slide bro. I truly believe we’re not gonna get something that reminds us of h1,2 or 3. But more like h5 with proper aim mechanics which tbh I don’t hate. H5 would probably be a favorite of mine if not for the aiming. 

37 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Other than killing bots, what are some things we should/could test this weekend? It might be pretty limited if we can't get other people on the other team to test weapons in-depth.

I think the training thing might be in there too, which should let us test the weapons pretty thoroughly.  

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Autoaim.

Autoaim in Halo 5 was ridiculous and I'll be documenting the hell out of how insane it is if it's anything like Halo 5.

Halo 2 was stupid but that was back when broadband was a luxury. In the current age of fiber optic broadband being rolled out in many places having autoaim award you shots that are like 2 metres away is seriously pathetic.

With the popularity of games like Apex Legends and Counter Strike I would HOPE that 343 understands they don't need to make the game insanely easy for it to be popular... But I guess we'll see. I'll be testing both mouse and Xbox controller. With the game going free to play, assuming the game isn't awful player population in lower pop regions shouldn't be an issue, so there will be no legit reason for high autoaim in an arena FPS.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

games like Apex Legends a

To be fair this games got a fair share of high aim assist as well

all I’m all don’t expect super low aim assist. I say expect at best h3 levels 

40 minutes ago, potetr said:

I'm interested in:

• Sprint multiplier (run a long distance with and without sprint)
  • Shield stun time
  • Vertical reach of clamber
  • Weapon stats (60 FPS recordings of a kill with every weapon would be nice)
  • Weapon swap speeds
  • How is grenade jumping?
  • Grenade fuses (method of activation, fuse time) 
  • speed inheritance on grenade throws?
  • Slide mechanics (length, speed, profile, weapon usage while sliding?)
  • Everything about equipment
  • Special weapon mechanics, thinking specifically about the Heatwave. Does its stronger tracking activate after a bounce like the scattershot?

Good list. 

I'll try and get some good footage of that stuff. Specifically interested in sprint speed, grenade jumps, and weapon stats. Hopefully I can walk and sprint across the map without getting shot to really test properly. 

I'll also get some gameplay with controller and MnK to compare. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Good list. 

I'll try and get some good footage of that stuff. Specifically interested in sprint speed, grenade jumps, and weapon stats. Hopefully I can walk and sprint across the map without getting shot to really test properly. 

I'll also get some gameplay with controller and MnK to compare. 

Lol, my list is short and to the point:

Do you all want to play it when it comes out?

43 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Well we really need to differentiate between  "aim assist" and "Bullet magnetism".  These conversations usually end up with people talking across one another just because they're not on the same page and they really need to be considered separately.

Aim assist = How much the game assists you on staying on target

Bullet magnetism = how much the game bends the bullet path toward the target.

Getting this combo right is really going to make or break how fair it feels to play controller vs PC. I think the bullet magnetism needs to be close to 0 if they want to pull that off.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

The gunplay in Apex isn't that easy. Try to use a Wingman in Apex vs a Pistol in H5

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Well we really need to differentiate between  "aim assist" and "Bullet magnetism".  These conversations usually end up with people talking across one another just because they're not on the same page and they really need to be considered separately.

Getting this combo right is really going to make or break how fair it feels to play controller vs PC. I think the bullet magnetism needs to be close to 0 if they want to pull that off.

Sticky Aim / Sticky Reticule / Aim Assist is good for hitscan weapons with controllers.  With projectile weapons, it becomes a nuisance because leading your shots ends up harder to do.

Bullet Magnetism in H4/H2A/H5 was nuts -- as long as any part of the inner gun circle was touching the target, it would count it as a hit -- I feel like this should be "as long as 50% or more of the reticule is touching the target."  Even worse, you could have the entire inner circle over a target's chest, with the top line of the circle touching the chin and it would count as a headshot.  This was the most egregious thing about H5's aim assist that made it feel so forgiving, even with controllers.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, potetr said:

I'm interested in:

• Sprint multiplier (run a long distance with and without sprint)
  • Shield stun time
  • Vertical reach of clamber
  • Weapon stats (60 FPS recordings of a kill with every weapon would be nice)
  • Weapon swap speeds
  • How is grenade jumping?
  • Grenade fuses (method of activation, fuse time) 
  • speed inheritance on grenade throws?
  • Slide mechanics (length, speed, profile, weapon usage while sliding?)
  • Everything about equipment
  • Special weapon mechanics, thinking specifically about the Heatwave. Does its stronger tracking activate after a bounce like the scattershot?

No strafe analyis?  Strafe is a pretty big deal. 

I also want to know how big dem hitboxes be.  Also a big deal to me.  I want them small and crisp. *chefs kiss*

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Sticky Aim / Sticky Reticule / Aim Assist is good for hitscan weapons with controllers.  With projectile weapons, it becomes a nuisance because leading your shots ends up harder to do.

Bullet Magnetism in H4/H2A/H5 was nuts -- as long as any part of the inner gun circle was touching the target, it would count it as a hit -- I feel like this should be "as long as 50% or more of the reticule is touching the target."  Even worse, you could have the entire inner circle over a target's chest, with the top line of the circle touching the chin and it would count as a headshot.  This was the most egregious thing about H5's aim assist that made it feel so forgiving, even with controllers.

Yeah it was fucking awful in those games but Halo 5 was the worst imo.  I remember in the tuning update they talked about turning down something akin to "Headshot prioritization" where it would bend the bullet toward the head regardless of where you were aiming.  Why the fuck is that even a thing?  Same with having differential amount of aim assist along the length of RRR. Don't do that.  Combine that with the input lag and Halo 5 was just... the worst aiming. one minute you're stuck in mud, then next windmilling all over the place.

The right amount if aim assist is crucial but it really just needs to be enough to allow you to leeeeeean your reticle to the leading edge of the target without getting stuck, but also without popping way off target. Halo hasn't been good at that since H1.  H2 was too sticky, H3 had about the right amount but then they had to add RNG and make the weird as fuck grid aiming.  Halo 1 changed the way that aim was tuned for the entire console shooter genre. Respawn talked about that with Titanfall, how they tried to model their aiming off Halo 1, over a decade after it released. Which is really just a testament to how Halo's aiming has gone backwards since then.  hopefully Infinite fixes that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

0? Dude are you delusional? 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

0? Dude are you delusional? 

"close to 0" and no.  You think having a lot of bullet magnetism, or even a moderate amount is a good idea? Are you delusional?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, RatherSilentMr said:

No strafe analyis?  Strafe is a pretty big deal. 

I also want to know how big dem hitboxes be.  Also a big deal to me.  I want them small and crisp. *chefs kiss*

The test is only vs bots right? I didnt include that because you can't really do much to evaluate strafe from a first person perspective, other than "feels nice/slow".

But maybe we can look at the bots.

• Upvote (+1) 1