Halo Infinite Discussion

6 hours ago, potetr said:

What if:

• Plasma Pistol Overcharged shot
    • Can be deflected with a well timed melee

Overshield countered by PP.  

PP countered by melee.  

Melee countered by crouch.  

By the transitive property, crouch is more powerful than overshield.  

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Overshield countered by PP.  

PP countered by melee.  

Melee countered by crouch.  

By the transitive property, crouch is more powerful than overshield.  

does not entail
try again

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/25/2021 at 11:34 AM, OG Nick said:

Haven is a better map than Construct

Haven is probably without a doubt the worst of Halos staple maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

The whole portal thing in splitgate is trendy but isn't going to be mainstream. Its what makes the game but also breaks the game.

its not even trendy. Have you seen the population numbers of that game?

People shit on Haven because it was one of the best map in the worst halo game, so its popular to hate everything that came out of that turd.  But there are a lot of maps that are worse in Halo's history. Its not terrible, its.. middling.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

People shit on Haven because it was one of the best map in the worst halo game, so its popular to hate everything that came out of that turd.  But there are a lot of maps that are worse in Halo's history. Its not terrible, its.. middling.

Yeah I mean the problem is the first three games have too many maps/experiences that are better to even talk about average maps from later games

7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah I mean the problem is the first three games have too many maps/experiences that are better to even talk about average maps from later games

On a somewhat evenly distributed scale of 1 (poor) to 10 of all titles I would say Haven is around 4 and that may be a little generous. It has some nice design features but it is so generic that it feels boring to play on overall. And it’s painful to look at after a while because it’s all silver plated everywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I mean Haven is like Midships fat cousin with a mullet.  You might bang it, but you won't tell anybody.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

25 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I decided to try playing it again yesterday and I could not join any customs games, it kept saying that joining would result in too many players, even though there appeared to be several open slots. I tried matchmaking and that took forever to begin searching and then I gave up waiting for any search results after five minutes. I tried spinning up my own customs and it just spun around waiting to start. Not sure if it was requiring another player first.

MCC never made me wait like that.

4 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I decided to try playing it again yesterday and I could not join any customs games, it kept saying that joining would result in too many players, even though there appeared to be several open slots. I tried matchmaking and that took forever to begin searching and then I gave up waiting for any search results after five minutes. I tried spinning up my own customs and it just spun around waiting to start. Not sure if it was requiring another player first.

They shut down the servers yesterday to prepare for the full release.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I take it that you didn't play MCC on launch

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Haven was a shitty map because there are so many areas of the map you're forced into an area where your only options are:

A. Walk forwards.

B. Walk backwards.

There's very limited room to move so if an opposing player knows your location they're going to have a good idea of where you are 10 seconds later.

Compare that to a map like Lockout where even with the abyss below you still have like 3-4 options no matter where you are on the map with a couple of exceptions.

Ideally good map design means no matter where you are you nearly always have 3 options available to you, the exceptions being VERY SHORT HALLWAYS or areas for power weapons.

IE. Shotgun spawn is garbage in Lockout, not because it's a long hallway with a single exit, but because it should have had an overshield down there to encourage map movement and it would have been a great opportunity to force fights and provide interesting counterplay to a power up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

IE. Shotgun spawn is garbage in Lockout, not because it's a long hallway with a single exit, but because it should have had an overshield down there to encourage map movement and it would have been a great opportunity to force fights and provide interesting counterplay to a power up.

I actually would like to see how this would work. 

11 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

Haven was a shitty map because there are so many areas of the map you're forced into an area where your only options are:

A. Walk forwards.

B. Walk backwards.

There's very limited room to move so if an opposing player knows your location they're going to have a good idea of where you are 10 seconds later.

Compare that to a map like Lockout where even with the abyss below you still have like 3-4 options no matter where you are on the map with a couple of exceptions.

Ideally good map design means no matter where you are you nearly always have 3 options available to you, the exceptions being VERY SHORT HALLWAYS or areas for power weapons.

Not sure i agree with the lockout comparison, though replacing shotgun with a powerup would be a definite improvement.  Where are these 3 or 4 options per location to move around?  You can do that within a space sure, but you can't get anywhere that way. If you actually want to traverse the map to establish control somewhere else, you really only have an upper and lower route per section, only one of which is usually even a viable option since top mid is a killbox.  The exception being lift where you also have a side route, but that's still the worst place to spawn on the map unless you are trying to execute some 2006 Final Boss oddball strat.

I think casual players like lockout so much because its relatively easy to tell where people are going to be coming from and when  you do want to traverse the map you have very few decisions to make.

How would everyone here feel if the commando was the utility with a perfect TTK of .9 or 1 seconds?

14 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

How would everyone here feel if the commando was the utility with a perfect TTK of .9 or 1 seconds?

If it killed that quick, sure.  

The commando looks like it's gonna piss people off. It literally looks like a more spammy dmr, a gun they didn't like because they considered it spammy.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

The commando looks like it's gonna piss people off. It literally looks like a more spammy dmr, a gun they didn't like because they considered it spammy.

I honestly think casual players won't think twice about it

27 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I honestly think casual players won't think twice about it

They hated the DMR because you could get lasered from across the map in big team.  The whole reason for the existence of bloom doesn't even work at longer ranges when you're spawn killing people that can't shoot back in time. You don't have to try to get max firerate since you're never under any pressure. Yet it made mid range and shorter engagements an RNG shitshow.  My god what a terrible mechanic.

None of the gameplay has really taken place at long range so we can figure the exact way they have limited weapon ranges in Infinite.  Jury is still out on whether casuals will like the gun or not. If it can still laser you across the map in big team, they will totally hate it.

I'd take a skyline remake in infinite. I wouldn't mind haven either as long as it's not overdone artwise like mercy. Shit looks like a gears 5 map. Not that it's bad, just too ornate and not halo looking. Doesn't even look covenant...

halo-4-skyline-overhead.jpg

10 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

Why is it that a weapon being spammy is considered a bad thing? 

The more shots to kill, the less each individual shot means.  

• Like (+1) 4