• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Hooked 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

17 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Looking forward to TTK breakdowns for each precision gun & whether or not headshot multipliers actually exist.

@Astronautic II We have not forgotten

Countdown is a better Construct, but that was a low bar. 

Ideally there are 0 remade maps on launch. Use them as nostalgia bait later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

4 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I think you should have some at launch. Helps attract players. It also helps to know there’s a good map or two. New maps are hit or miss

I despise countdown, especially when all the players pile up near the balcony. Seems to me like an error of pathing, but I don't know much about map design so I could be wrong.

It had the rocket thingy going for it, that's cool but it's an aesthetically bland map when taken as a whole.

11 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I would be happy if no remakes ever came from the publisher. What is wrong that they can't come up with new material? They got a new engine that should be able to stretch the imagination.

8 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

I despise countdown, especially when all the players pile up near the balcony. Seems to me like an error of pathing, but I don't know much about map design so I could be wrong.

It had the rocket thingy going for it, that's cool but it's an aesthetically bland map when taken as a whole.

I think it played stockpile well.  

3 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Why?

The layout of the map, I suppose.  The bases can see right into each other but are separated by a gorge.  This gorge plays into the mechanics of the gametype, allowing players to remove a flag from the enemy capture zone and toss it over the edge.  Maybe there’s just something about multiple persistent objectives on a multi-level segmented map that does it for me.  Countdown is like a better Epitaph.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Ideally there will be no maps with wide open "no man's land" areas. 

Endless hallways then, you got it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

I only want remakes if they take the original geo and highpoly over it/don't ruin it.

I actually liked what Battlefield is doing with the "portal" idea. Give all players access to their playstyle with all era's of battlefield. WW1-Modern Era.

I want all the best Halo maps remade for infinite, but I know that won't happen and has the possibility to ruin maps/sandbox. similar to CSGO, they bring back previous maps cause they keep working.

343 can't keep bringing back maps that worked previously cause they keep reinventing halo every game, and yeah I'd like some new maps to shine as well.

54 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

Endless hallways then, you got it.

10654.gif

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Reach had no maps worth mentioning 

It did. Just for all the wrong reasons.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I legitimately don't care if the maps are old or new I want good maps that work

If sprint duration was kept relatively short, it could still act as a modifier button, enabling long jump and slide without preemptively destroying all potentially interesting map designs.  

they at least could bring some h5 maps sure their pacing be different with the slower sprint and no thrust but they could work still 

10 hours ago, OG Nick said:

...in what regard?

I'd rather play Construct KotH than any gametype on Countdown ever, but I'd rather play any of those Countdown variants than Construct TS.

41 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

...in what regard?

I'd rather play Construct KotH than any gametype on Countdown ever, but I'd rather play any of those Countdown variants than Construct TS.

Why exactly do you dislike countdown? It was a solid map 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Let's be reasonable people, Countdown was a solid CTF map, and was far, far, FAR from the worst experience you had playing Reach. Hating just to hate is dumb as hell.

• Like (+1) 1

anyone here tried splitgate? it's making a bit of a resurgence and it's definitely really fun. it's basically if halo and portal had a baby. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Where did I say I disliked Countdown?

Dude you just stated you’d rather play koth construct than anything period countdown. That may not specifically saying you dislike it but it says to me you find it garbage like still