CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

TIL: RB+LB = X

I’m not sure I understand the reference.  Activating a super?  

• WutFace (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I’m not sure I understand the reference.  Activating a super?  

On 7/19/2021 at 12:45 PM, Boyo said:

Rifles 

Needler 

RT - primary fire (automatically-fired shards are not headshot capable and deal half-damage compared to alt-fire needles but consume half the ammo as well, 18 shards for supercombine, shards only track if target is hit with an alt-fire needle first) 

LT - scope (2x) 

LT+RT - alt-fire (semi-auto 6sk needles, 9 for supercombine)

X - reload (12 needle/24 shard magazine) 

Sand Blaster 

RT - primary fire (semi-auto 5sk glass beads) 

LT - alt-fire-1 (close range, wide/flat sand-spray) 

LT+RT - alt-fire-2 (medium range, narrow/jet sand-stream)

X - weapon ability (creates ‘dust devil’ under user if on sand, allows player to raise and lower himself as if on adjustable stilts) 

Light Rifle 

RT - primary fire (burst) 

LT - scope (3x) 

LT+RT - alt-fire (semi-auto, [email protected])

X - reload (36 rnd mag) 

On 7/19/2021 at 3:53 PM, Boyo said:

CQC 

Power Band 

RT - primary fire (tractor beam for aerial vehicles) 

LT - charge alt-fire (pick up proximate targeted object)

LT+RT - alt-fire (launch held object forward) 

X - weapon ability (rotate held object)

Just stop.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Just stop.

I know it’s hard but try to use your words buddy.  

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

I’m open to any and all criticisms/opinions.  I simply don’t understand what this means.  

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

TIL: RB+LB = X

“Noooooo, you can’t use the two most prominent buttons on the controller in conjunction with one another.”  -Apollo 

You mean like every game with aim on LT and fire on RT? -me

”Noooooo, that different.” -Apollo 

How? -me

• Downvote (-1) 1

A player will respawn inside an occupied friendly vehicle if a seat is available.  Do you think this would be good for the meta ie encourage a team to keep control of a vehicle, while leaving the passenger seat open, so teammates can spawn in and hop out?  

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A player will respawn inside an occupied friendly vehicle if a seat is available.  Do you think this would be good for the meta ie encourage a team to keep control of a vehicle, while leaving the passenger seat open, so teammates can spawn in and hop out?  

There's nothing more annoying than spawning on the Elephant on Sandtrap because one of your dumb fucking randoms felt like driving it.

8 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

There's nothing more annoying than spawning on the Elephant on Sandtrap because one of your dumb fucking randoms felt like driving it.

Do you think the concept of a mobile base is sound, could be good with a few tweaks, or is it pure gimmick?  

28 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Elephants were fun as shit 

• Like (+1) 3

Elephants should make a return  or the mammoth. A fun mode I think would be to protect these mobile bases with assault as the mode. Be a neat btb mode 

It really is so disheartening to see so much controller real estate wasted. Do you concede that having an extra joystick up your ass and wriggling your hips around to move would fix this conundrum? How would you feel about a dance dance revolution controller for my oh so many weapon alts and functions? As you know, players LOVE complexity, and they especially love having to worry about my 99999 extra mechanics that I added. Why wouldn't they??  

PS- DO NOT reply to this. If you do, I WILL relentlessly harass you with completely unrelated questions.   

• Toxic (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Halo 5 is the game you deserve.  

Apologize right now

49 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

It really is so disheartening to see so much controller real estate wasted. Do you concede that having an extra joystick up your ass and wriggling your hips around to move would fix this conundrum? How would you feel about a dance dance revolution controller for my oh so many weapon alts and functions? As you know, players LOVE complexity, and they especially love having to worry about my 99999 extra mechanics that I added. Why wouldn't they??  

PS- DO NOT reply to this. If you do, I WILL relentlessly harass you with completely unrelated questions.   

Turns vibration all the way on

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Turns vibration all the way on

Where can I buy one of these cool controllers?  Want to make sure I'm ready for the incoming Infinite Flight. 

Power 

Rocket Launcher 

RT - fire (continue holding trigger after firing to activate a laser that guides the airborne rocket to the targeted location, brief delay between firing and activation of laser prevents guidance until rocket is past medium range) 

LT - scope (2x) 

X - reload (2 rnd mag) 

Plasma Detonator 

RT - fire (primary semi-automatically fires up to four stickies that can be remotely detonated, secondary charges then fires up to four stickies that can home-in on a targeted vehicle) 

LT - alt-fire or scope (primary detonates all active stickies, secondary activates a 2x scope)

X - toggle firemode (switch between the primary and secondary firemode, detonator mode and launcher mode, switching modes modifies the function of both triggers) 

SAW 

RT - primary fire (veer vehicle right) 

LT - alt-fire (veer vehicle left) 

LT+RT - weapon ability (boosts forward a short distance, shoots dual flame-jets out the broad sides of the spiked wheel) 

X - weapon ability (toggle between player-view and vehicle-view) 

Promethean Pipe  

RT - primary fire (essentially the pro pipe with hitmarkers, kills incinerate the target’s player model and black out his death camera) 

LT - alt-fire (similar to primary fire but instead of remote-detonation, teleports user to projectile’s location) 

X - weapon ability (teleports user forward a short distance, even through a wall/floor/ceiling) 

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Do you think the concept of a mobile base is sound, could be good with a few tweaks, or is it pure gimmick?  

I think it was pure gimmick that enabled some interesting interactions on an already weird map.  But just watching noobs play on it you can see that overall it's a bad design -- take Multi-Flag for instance, you'll often see randos hop in the elephant and drive it to the other side of the map, because "OH IT'S A BIG VEHICLE MY TEAM CAN ALL BE ON" -- but if you lose control of that elephant, suddenly you're spawning opposite of the map from the elephant and the enemy's spawning right next to it for easy flag caps.

Would need to be clear to newer players it's a bad idea to take your Elephant to enemy team, or tweak spawns in a way that they're entirely 'nearby' your team's Elephant at any given time -- but even then you run the risk of the game falling to shambles around that.

That said, Pirate Ships and the like are all very fun moments that came from the Elephant's existence, so I think there's probably avenues to make them not a waste of design space.

A fun Invasion mode where one side gets an elephant/mammoth and the other side gets a Spectre would be interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still want an odst style first person drop pod for multiplayer. In invasion, what if we had ground and space battles going on "simultaneously?" Some players use drop pods to get to the ground while rest complete objectives in orbit.

14 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I still want an odst style first person drop pod for multiplayer. In invasion, what if we had ground and space battles going on "simultaneously?" Some players use drop pods to get to the ground while rest complete objectives in orbit.

A steerable drop pod for initial spawns could allow for different openings eg all toward caves, all toward forest, half and half, et c.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TiberiusAudley said:

I think it was pure gimmick that enabled some interesting interactions on an already weird map.  But just watching noobs play on it you can see that overall it's a bad design -- take Multi-Flag for instance, you'll often see randos hop in the elephant and drive it to the other side of the map, because "OH IT'S A BIG VEHICLE MY TEAM CAN ALL BE ON" -- but if you lose control of that elephant, suddenly you're spawning opposite of the map from the elephant and the enemy's spawning right next to it for easy flag caps.

Would need to be clear to newer players it's a bad idea to take your Elephant to enemy team, or tweak spawns in a way that they're entirely 'nearby' your team's Elephant at any given time -- but even then you run the risk of the game falling to shambles around that.

I think that spawning on a map independent of the elephant makes the flag game far more interesting because the elephant now becomes an alternate primary level objective. That aspect I would not change. Nor the speed Of the elephant by which the enemy can change the dynamics of the game Too quickly.

23 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A steerable drop pod for initial spawns could allow for different openings eg all toward caves, all toward forest, half and half, et c.  

I'd imagine that'd cause a lot of randomness since you don't know where the enemy is spawning. Also most people most likely spawn on the power weapon locations so it's really an illusion of choice.

42 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I can see possibly getting to the drop pods being the gate event to the second phase. The first phase is in orbit on board the ship and the rest of the game on the surface.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1