CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

How are you going to come in here and disrespect Medabots like that?

More like medawhat is this why do they have guns on their head

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Gravity Hammer 

RT - primary fire (damage with reflection splash) 

LT - alt-fire (‘gravity wave’ reflects incoming frontal projectiles) 

X - weapon ability (‘attraction’ pulls a nearby objective to the weapon, objective attaches itself to weapon upon arrival, carrier can attack with hammer or swap it to the secondary weapon slot and carry the ham-jective on his back) 

The objective thing way too situational. I'd shamelessly just give the Hammer Half Life's gravity gun traits where your alt attracts objects in general, and the base melee launches those objects. Want to shield yourself? Pick up something large enough. Someone just outta melee range? Pick up an object and launch it at them. Far more versatile this way, and you could also pick up and launch objectives.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The gravity hammer should be able to pull in players with alt fire but to balance this it takes up 15 charge and you still must do the initial swing which causes 10. The sword, to compromise its melee potential there should be a longer lunge while scoped like h5 that’s it.

the DMR should be a normal 5 shot but 3 shots while scoped with a longer ROF.(unscoped TTK 1(scoped) .85) 

the carbine should have a super combine where if you hit 2 shots in the head it combines the enemy. TTK unscoped 1.1 seconds(scoped .9) projectile shooting. 

there’s a lot of potential regarding AI in infinite. Imagine a Gordon Ramsey AI lol I’d pay $$ for that 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

there’s a lot of potential regarding AI in infinite. Imagine a Gordon Ramsey AI lol I’d pay $$ for that 

I am a little embarrassed that as a grown-ass man I would also be tempted to have Gordon Ramsay voice my Halo AI. I would rather his UK personality than his US one though.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I am a little embarrassed that as a grown-ass man I would also be tempted to have Gordon Ramsay voice my Halo AI. I would rather his UK personality than his US one though.

Lol “get to the flag you fucking [email protected] 

Picks up flag:

Capture the flag you doughnut.

Dies with flag:

How can you do that?

2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Picks up flag:

Capture the flag you doughnut.

Dies with flag:

How can you do that?

When you get an Overkill: IT'S RAWWWWWW

2 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

When you get an Overkill: IT'S RAWWWWWW

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1

I need an old Arnold sound board as my AI.  

teammate shoots me - “I’m a cop, you idiot!” 

carrying the oddball - “it’s not a tumor!”  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Boyo said:

A controller is home to multiple different types of buttons: trigger, bumper, stick-click, face, and directional.  Functions should be mapped to appropriate button types by default but I’m not opposed to giving players the option to remap functions even though firing your weapon with the left stick-click and scoping with the down directional won’t provide an ideal experience.  

This has nothing to do with anything.  If the original controller design is unique per-weapon.  When they remap their controls its still going to be unique per weapon, just in a different way.... And if your argument is they can remap controls per weapon well other than being something that is a huge pain in the ass and nobody is going to do, STILL wouldn't solve the control variability problem. If each hair-brained weapon design was capable of being mapped identically, it should be that way as default.

A weapon that requires unique controller inputs to even function at a base level is not a good one.

1 minute ago, Apoll0 said:

This has nothing to do with anything.  If the original controller design is unique per-weapon.  When they remap their controls its still going to be unique per weapon, just in a different way.... And if your argument is they can remap controls per weapon well other than being something that is a huge pain in the ass and nobody is going to do, STILL wouldn't solve the control variability problem. If each hair-brained weapon design was capable of being mapped identically, it should be that way as default.

A weapon that requires unique controller inputs to even function at a base level is not a good one.

“Noooooooo, you can’t use the scope button for something else on weapons that don’t have a scope!!!” -you 

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

“Noooooooo, you can’t use the scope button for something else on weapons that don’t have a scope!!!” -you 

-- Wayne Gretzky 

-- Every single game developer 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, xSociety said:

Every single game developer 

Buttons only ever serve one single purpose?  

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I never fucking said that man.  Even so, you shouldn't just use that button for something if the weapon doesn't need it. ie an AR doesn't need/shouldn't have a scope.  That button going unused or having a bino fallback is totally OK.  You have this compulsion to use every single button on the controller and often multiple at the same time. Switching base functionality from a shared button to using multiple, different ones?  Come on, that's a terrible user experience.

3 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

That button going unused or having a bino fallback is totally OK.

Why?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Why?

Why not?

A scope increases a weapon’s effectiveness.  

Alt-Fire also increases a weapon’s effectiveness, just in a different way.  

It is logical for these two, mutually exclusive, functions to be mapped to the same button.  

Thoughts?  

This is just gaslighting at this point.

Do you disagree with the assertion that scoped weapons already have two firemodes:  fire and scoped fire?  It’s not just a change in magnification but aim assist range as well.  The weapon’s projectiles behave differently if fired scoped or unscoped.  One weapon firing two different types of projectiles.  Sounds a lot like alt-fire, right?  

6 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I want a Jack Black personal A.I.

I will give you a rap right on the Jack Johnson!