CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Would this apply to angular momentum as well ie could I do a 360 before smacking the enemy for increased damage?  

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

There shouldn't be lunge at all. Bring back momentum-based melee. 

I agree with no lunge for melee except for with sword.  However, the sword lunge should not be seeking and pretty much guaranteed.  If the strafe is good enough, someone should be able to strafe out of the path of a sword lunge. 

Just now, RatherSilentMr said:

I agree with no lunge for melee except for with sword.  However, the sword lunge should not be seeking and pretty much guaranteed.  If the strafe is good enough, someone should be able to strafe out of the path of a sword lunge. 

Does this mean it can be used as movement enhancer because a targeted enemy is no longer required to activate lunge?  

27 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Does this mean it can be used as movement enhancer because a targeted enemy is no longer required to activate lunge?  

No that sounds terrible.  It would still have to require a red reticule to lunge, it just wouldn't follow a strafe and be a guaranteed kill. I don't know how in air lunging would be handled.  You could lunge up into the air in Halo 2.

Maybe the sword could glow a bit brighter or something when in lunge range of a target.   That would tell the user AND the enemy that a lunge is possible. Then the user would have to aim the lunge on a set trajectory. It would require leading for enemy movement. The sword handle could even glow on the hip so that it wouldn't have to be "Spooky" that the person has a sword and is about to whip it out lunge at you. 

Also thinking that depending on the length of the lunge, the damage amount dealt by the sword would be based on momentum.  So the longer the lunge, the more damage.  Maybe a maxed out lunge could take out an overshield, but a close range lunge would not be a full kill. 

I don't. These could all be terrible ideas for all I know.  Just doing some BoyoBrainstorming™.  

11 hours ago, xSociety said:

Idk, people think an enemy having something in their pocket that they can't see is so SpOoOoooOOkY! 

Lol least it be more balanced than OG h2 be more like j2a where the sword wasn’t infinite 

I hope to see every weapon in halo history in infinite and more as the years go by 

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

I hope to see every weapon in halo history in infinite and more as the years go by 

I’m sure you will.  

If there’s one equipment im positive will be in arena it’s the repulsor. The grapple hook is a hard maybe. 
god damnit 343 show us more gameplay more everything 

What would happen if the following change were made:

• Covenant Plasma Rifle
    • This plasma rifle's damage now increases with its current heat level.

(Assume in this case, the damage is adjusted so that the current average TTK is kept, so low heat level shots deal less damage than current shots.)

In order to get faster kills, you'd have to keep the gun at a high heat level, occasionally firing off shots and giving away your position, nerfing the gun's ability to just hide around corners and kill people because they pushed.  You'd also be unable to use sprint (since we know it's in the game anyway) while also keeping your damage profile high.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

What would happen if the following change were made:

• Covenant Plasma Rifle
    • This plasma rifle's damage now increases with its current heat level.

(Assume in this case, the damage is adjusted so that the current average TTK is kept, so low heat level shots deal less damage than current shots.)

In order to get faster kills, you'd have to keep the gun at a high heat level, occasionally firing off shots and giving away your position, nerfing the gun's ability to just hide around corners and kill people because they pushed.  You'd also be unable to use sprint (since we know it's in the game anyway) while also keeping your damage profile high.

I think it's a great concept. It'similar to the fire rate accelerating while shooting, which I've wanted, but I like incorporating heat for longer term resource management.

Successful implementation would only require good tuning.

However, because time to kill/weaken for a melee kill is a stepwise function of damage, I'm more partial to heat increasing rate of fire instead of damage. It would be easier to tune the weapon and understand as a player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, potetr said:

However, because time to kill/weaken for a melee kill is a stepwise function of damage, I'm more partial to heat increasing rate of fire instead of damage. It would be easier to tune the weapon and understand as a player.

That's a good point from a clarity perspective, but if RoF goes up as heat goes up, that means the heat generation accelerates, which also creates a clarity issue.  Hard to tell exactly how long you can hold down the trigger vs pulse firing without overheating and being unable to fire at all.

20 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

What’s that one beam rifle from reach? That should return but stronger 

The Focus Rifle, basically just a sniper version of a Sentinel Beam.

I loved it.  I loved most parts of Reach's sandbox except for the amount of RNG they put on guns that needed to fire straight.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TiberiusAudley said:

I loved it.  I loved most parts of Reach's sandbox except for the amount of RNG they put on guns that needed to fire straight.

The more I play reach the more I hate it because everything feels super weak. Takes way to long to kill someone 

2 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Are there any traits that could differentiate the Sentinel Beam and Focus Rifle enough for them both to be in the game?  

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

Yes, but give the sword a 10 use charge. If you use it as a movement enhancer, fine, but you're losing a charge. Also make the lunge more responsive. There, you just made the sword skillful and unique without making it a cheap kill. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

The more I play reach the more I hate it because everything feels super weak. Takes way to long to kill someone 

The more and more I play vanilla Reach, the worse my opinion becomes of it. Usually it's the other way around; once you've cooled off for 10 years and you decide to give the game another go you might be tempted to think "hmm, that wasn't so bad. I wonder what I was so upset about back in the day".

Everytime I deal with a full bloom DMR, I can't even believe I played the game long enough to see the TU.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Are there any traits that could differentiate the Sentinel Beam and Focus Rifle enough for them both to be in the game?  

Pretty sure the Focus Rifle got stronger after a few seconds of the beam being held down or something like that, but it's been so long since I've used it I can't say that in all confidence.

12 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Pretty sure the Focus Rifle got stronger after a few seconds of the beam being held down or something like that, but it's been so long since I've used it I can't say that in all confidence.

The Focus Rifle could be a unique anti-vehicle weapon.  Instead of damaging the vehicle, it slowly drains the health of all occupants, forcing them to abandon the vehicle if they cannot get out of the line of fire.  But, if they do get out, it’s not like they’re one-shot because it was draining their health, not shields.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

The more and more I play vanilla Reach, the worse my opinion becomes of it. Usually it's the other way around; once you've cooled off for 10 years and you decide to give the game another go you might be tempted to think "hmm, that wasn't so bad. I wonder what I was so upset about back in the day".

Everytime I deal with a full bloom DMR, I can't even believe I played the game long enough to see the TU.

Yeah it’s not so much TTK it’s just bloom and all that.TU is far more tolerable 

I don't mind your crazy talk and weird ideas guys, but good lord, can't wait to finally read and chat about teams, players and tournaments.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Just now, Hemlax said:

I don't mind your crazy talk and weird ideas guys, but good lord, can't wait to finally read and chat about teams, players and tournament.

Cloud 9 are gonna win season 1.

Just now, TiberiusAudley said:

Cloud 9 are gonna win season 1.

Gimme the Intel.