CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

17 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Yea there is a lot. 

The biggest skill in Warzone is knowing what exact loadout is meta or OP at any given time. They are absolutely terrible at weapon balance. 

MW MP was good when it was new, haven't played it in forever. 

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

A full page of metaphoricals... 

Noone has enough influence especially here to change the needler.

You've shattered my dreams and my day is now ruined. 

3 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

You've shattered my dreams and my day is now ruined. 

wAsTeD kEyStRoKeS

15 minutes ago, xSociety said:

The biggest skill in Warzone is knowing what exact loadout is meta or OP at any given time. They are absolutely terrible at weapon balance. 

Lol you ever play cold wars mp? That's a turd that never gets shinier.

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

343i asked me personally to infiltrate this community for ideas for a competitively viable needler. 

What are your ideas for the needler? I'll be sure to not let 343 know about any of them. 

The one I have mentioned lots previously: If you melee with the Needler, it discharges your remaining needles in a consistent cone in front of you...essentially turning the weapon into a supercombine shotgun.

16 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

The one I have mentioned lots previously: If you melee with the Needler, it discharges your remaining needles in a consistent cone in front of you...essentially turning the weapon into a supercombine shotgun.

I'll pass this on to Bill. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Lol you ever play cold wars mp? That's a turd that never gets shinier.

Only the beta, I got the game for free with some bundle and I've only touched Zombies on it, which I have a ton of fun on. 

42 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Bruh even if you hop in with the meta you’ll still lose against those that got the best positioning, movement and aim 

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

Only the beta, I got the game for free with some bundle and I've only touched Zombies on it, which I have a ton of fun on. 

I have only played zombies the couple free weekends they had with it and it is fun.  If they sold it by itself for like $15 I would probably get it.

Needler rifle should return and to make it unique, you only get a super carbine with a perfect 6 shot, and it causes AOE damage(at least half damage to shields) 

brute shot missles should be stronger and kill in 2 or 3 shots(undecided) 

Sentinel beam should melt shields and health super quick. But it’s overheat should be very fast as well(TTK 1 second) overheat 1.2 seconds 

DMR should have a 4 sk while scoped but a slower ROF normal 5sk while unscoped. 1.1 unscoped .9 scoped. 

12 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Let's not rose tint it. Destiny has consistently maintained oppressive as fuck metas, often intentionally maintained and curated by Bungie for the sake of their idea of variety. D1 especially, but D2 isn't much better. If I remember correctly, HoW was a Pulse Rifle meta, and before that, the infamous 6 month long dry spell of Thorn meta that continues to haunt me to this day.

No, I remember it well, and I'm also definitely not defending current Destiny. Current Destiny is a load of bollocks. But I maintained roughly a 2.31 KDA (and 2.02 K/D) in D1 in FFA Crucible pre Taken King by using little meta. I much preferred Invective over Thorn or The Last Word or even Felwinter's Lie, and I hardly even aped with it too (I reverse aped -- I baited those monkeyfucks with radar as I hovered over doorways as Sunsinger.). My primary was usually The Devil You Know which felt a lot like the H1 Magnum and was probably called that for that exact reason. If you thought D1 was worse than D2, I don't know how you played for you to think like that. Last I played D2, it was all just active camo Hunters with some ungodly 10 second cool down or something, shoulder charging Titans, and shotguns and handcannons.

Was Trials a different story? Maybe -- maybe even likely. But I've always been an FFA person if the player count to map size ratio is proper. I do not remember how skill based strict Rumble matchmaking was, but I do know I got a good few Sum of All Tears victories without stinking up the lobby with a meta. So, that could be indicative of not very strict skill matching, which means luck of the draw, and it takes more than luck to maintain those stats over time without aping on the meta.

It was by no means perfect but I just really loved how the archetypes interplayed. Everyone could thrive at almost all ranges with how they wanted to play and it was class and talents that mattered.

My ultimate point is that if this had been an older game that wasn't a "service game", it'd be my go-to game in the same vein that someone here has a go-to Halo. But no -- my favorite game is for all intents and purposes deleted from existence.

So Infinite better not be like that or I'm going to be as cantankerous as you lot are sometimes. Your favorite game got bugged up? My favorite game got Beleted. If 343i has any brain they're going to have greatly expanded Megalo scripting to include all balancing options and let that be available to players to tweak.

• Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, xSociety said:

wat. 

Some of the most frustrating shit ever on launch. Camping was rewarded more than any other CoD. Super loud footsteps all the time, flak jacket or whatever it was called did nothing against claymores, claymore radius was huge. M4 was so powerful there was no reason to use any other gun. Spawns were S T I C K Y. Gross.

• Like (+1) 3

MW when it was new was a joke. I just remember jumping around with whatever the shotgun with infinite range was called and basically playing Halo not even attempting to ADS

• Like (+1) 1

If you're not running 725 and Riot Shield, are you even having fun? Yes I did change my Activision handle to RiotShield. I hope Infinite has a good way or two of just being a complete douche outside of competitive. It's a game at the end of the day.

5e74bdef-1620-40ce-8b70-c132dbae43fd.PNG

• WutFace (+0) 1

At first glance, the Ghost and Chopper appear similar, both firing, boosting, and splattering but each vehicle has been granted new abilities to truly differentiate them.  

The Ghost can boost over a gap while laying down a walkway behind it, allowing infantry to follow by crossing the impromptu energy bridge.  

The Chopper can dive into the ground, burrowing beneath the surface of the map before popping back up a short distance ahead.  This maneuver allows the Chopper to circumvent obstacles by going around them in a way no other vehicle can.  

Halo keeps trying to tack new movement abilities onto the player.  Maybe we should try enhancing vehicles instead.  What other ways could vehicle utility be increased?    

27 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The Chopper can dive into the ground, burrowing beneath the surface of the map before popping back up a short distance ahead.  This maneuver allows the Chopper to circumvent obstacles by going around them in a way no other vehicle can.     

Seems like an interesting idea, but it would negate intentional map design. Jetpacks also face a similar problem, albeit to a much larger extent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hvs500 said:

Seems like an interesting idea, but it would negate intentional map design. Jetpacks also face a similar problem, albeit to a much larger extent. 

Unlike jetpack, Burrow has a fixed duration/distance.  The vehicle is only underground for a moment.  In addition, Burrow is limited certain surfaces like sand or dirt so maps can disallow the maneuver wherever necessary.  And, it’s not like you can fire up through the earth like you can down from the sky.  Do you think these restrictions/limitations provide a healthy balance to the ability?  

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

At first glance, the Ghost and Chopper appear similar, both firing, boosting, and splattering but each vehicle has been granted new abilities to truly differentiate them.  

The Ghost can boost over a gap while laying down a walkway behind it, allowing infantry to follow by crossing the impromptu energy bridge.  

Halo keeps trying to tack new movement abilities onto the player.  Maybe we should try enhancing vehicles instead.  What other ways could vehicle utility be increased?    

Chopper was very different than Ghost due to stronger front armor and projectiles that push other vehicles.

It was literally impossjble on Sandbox to kill a Chopper pilot in the dunes with BR fire, while he cpuld lay down a ton of artillery pellets from absolute safety unless you had Missile Pod.

5 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Chopper was very different than Ghost due to stronger front armor and projectiles that push other vehicles.

It was literally impossjble on Sandbox to kill a Chopper pilot in the dunes with BR fire, while he cpuld lay down a ton of artillery pellets from absolute safety unless you had Missile Pod.

Ok.  I take it, you think that’s a bad thing?  Do you see that as a failing of the vehicle itself or of the map/sandbox surrounding it?

22 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

I don't recall killing a chopper pilot as impossible unless you are referring to shooting head on. I wouldn't even consider it an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Unlike jetpack, Burrow has a fixed duration/distance.  The vehicle is only underground for a moment.  In addition, Burrow is limited certain surfaces like sand or dirt so maps can disallow the maneuver wherever necessary.  And, it’s not like you can fire up through the earth like you can down from the sky.  Do you think these restrictions/limitations provide a healthy balance to the ability?  

That's something I can get behind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

343 won't learn from the mistakes they made.

Sometimes It feels like you go trough 5 years old posts on Beyond and randomly pick one and post it without giving credits to original poster.

• Simms (+1) 4

2 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I don't recall killing a chopper pilot as impossible unless you are referring to shooting head on. I wouldn't even consider it an issue.

If you wouldn't consider it an issue, you never witnessed it in organized 8s.  Joke about BTB as a casual thing all you want, but it was played competitively among its community and the Chopper showed it had an overpowered niche in instances where it could guarantee only head-on exposure (folly of map design more than vehicular design, but still worth noting.)

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Ok.  I take it, you think that’s a bad thing?  Do you see that as a failing of the vehicle itself or of the map/sandbox surrounding it?

See above, but no, I wasn't fully meaning it as a bad thing, more as a highlight of vehicular differences.  The Chopper was the Mad Max of Ghosts, and thematically fit Brute vehicle design very well while having its own differentiations than just being a Brite Ghost.

• Upvote (+1) 2