CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I've been playing Halo since 2001, and I've been involved in numerous LANs and online tournaments, and I have over 5000 posts on a Halo forum. I am trained in Halo 3 MLG and I did it all on yellow bar connection. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting the admin of this forum and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's on yellow bar connection. Not only am I extensively trained in Halo 3 MLG, but I have access to the entire MCC collection and I will wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent in any of the games you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Why do you always talk trash and dodge my 1v1s?

17 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

Now I'm not saying I want all the cool unlocks behind getting max ranks in playlists. I just think, in today's multiplayer games, players don't get to effect each other as much as they should.

If you’ve unlocked and equipped this unique assassination, you can rip your target’s head clean off then use is as a melee weapon like the oddball to beat the respawed player to death a second time.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I'm just saying we can settle this in 15 minutes or less.

I'm not sure a 15-4 scoreline would be entertaining for either party.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

I'm not sure a 15-4 scoreline would be entertaining for either party.

Why would I be upset about beating someone 15-4?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If you’ve unlocked and equipped this unique assassination, you can rip your target’s head clean off then use is as a melee weapon like the oddball to beat the respawed player to death a second time.  

Make that a one kill only third weapon in your backpack that vanishes after use, and make a special medal for killing the player in question with it. Make an even specialer medal for throwing it to a teammate and having them make the kill, and Steitzer growls out "Accomplice to murderrrrrr".

I absolutely want to see this kind of zany shit since Infinite is supposedly going to be an evolving title.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

Why would I be upset about beating someone 15-4?

Who said anything about being upset?

Also lets not fill the thread with this bullshit.

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

I absolutely want to see this kind of zany shit since Infinite is supposedly going to be an evolving title.

A player wielding the Sentinel Beam can link to a nearby power source using the reload button.  Once tethered, he can only move in a limited radius but his weapon now fires a powerful anti-vehicle beam that doesn’t overheat as rapidly.  

• Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 3

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A player wielding the Sentinel Beam can link to a nearby power source using the reload button.  Once tethered, he can only move in a limited radius but his weapon now fires a powerful anti-vehicle beam that doesn’t overheat as rapidly.  

How would you feel about a sentinel beam that can link to a nearby power source using the reload button? Once tethered, the user can only move in a limited radius but his weapon now fires a powerful anti-vehicle beam that doesn't overheat as rapidly.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, NavG123 said:

How would you feel about a sentinel beam that can link to a nearby power source using the reload button? Once tethered, the user can only move in a limited radius but his weapon now fires a powerful anti-vehicle beam that doesn't overheat as rapidly.

Finally a good idea! 

• Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Offers vague platitudes.  Awaits swarm of upvotes.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Boyo said:

When you pick up a Sentinel Beam, dozens of Sentinels fly into the map and help the player.

• Hooked 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

When you pick up a Sentinel Beam, dozens of Sentinels fly into the map and help the player.

"What the hell is that?"

"Back up"

Just now, Shekkles said:

After killing three enemies with the Sentinel Beam, the user can press the reload button to transform into a Sentinel himself.  The small hovering player model is effectively immune to explosives but is locked into a fixed weapon set.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

After killing three enemies with the Sentinel Beam, the user can press the reload button to transform into a Sentinel himself.  The small hovering player model is effectively immune to explosives but is locked into a fixed weapon set.  

I'm into it.

• Like (+1) 3

What if the Sentinel Beam was something of a super power weapon but it could actually be recharged by the user at a fusion coil, which is then deactivated. A "press action button to recharge" prompt would appear. But it's fusion coils. So just one BR burst explodes them and kills the user. The coils are also very center map and towards nobodies spawns so that it's a big risk vs reward.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, heytred said:

I think saying that 343's games have been sub-par from a code perspective is a stretch and would be hard to defend - especially in juxtaposition with the Bungie Halo games that were literally known and praised for unintentional quirky physics bugs, animation cancelling, button glitches/combos, etc. 343 is comprised of extremely talented software developers and programmers - which is entirely separate from game design / direction / quality / etc. 

and for transparency, I'm posting this as a professional games programmer. 

I'd say the biggest thing that tricks people into thinking the 343 devs are underqualified or not talented is that they don't have a quick turn around when it comes to addressing issues/problems (and MCC is just a stain on the company forever). Most games with the super talented devs that people would point out also come with the extremely competent management so things release on time, often complete and when something is wrong it gets fixed. When you don't correct issues quickly people get to sit with them and form opinions based on the problem when they should be forming opinions on whoever is managing the team unless someone is just so totally bad at their job that they cannot fix the problem which I highly doubt

Basically the thing 343 really really sucks at is reacting to the situation and responding on a timeline that makes any sense

• Like (+1) 5

Halo 4 looked how it did on the 360.

That should be a testament to at least the talent of the graphics team, but a lot more than just artist work goes into graphics. They had to optimize that shit to a painstaking degree to make it look that good on a console that had less than one gigabyte of RAM. I remember being particularly blown away by the cutscene on the Infinity where Cortana flips shit and Chief tells Del Rio to go kick rocks. The lighting was especially impressive. And that said, I have confidence in 343i at least making Infinite look very good on the Xbone. (The downside is that 343i design doesn't entail much out-of-map stuff. Makes map breaking a lot less fun.)

Design Goal: to make the Gravity Hammer more viable as a power weapon, and not just on enclosed maps.

New Function: the Gravity Hammer now has a powerful gravitational force that can pull distant enemies to the wielder. 

Counterplay: grapple hook to any surface to break the pull. 

Inspiration: Tartarus's hammer from Halo 2, and the Brute Chieftan leader in the original Halo Wars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Design Goal: to make the Gravity Hammer more viable as a power weapon, and not just on enclosed maps.

New Function: the Gravity Hammer now has a powerful gravitational force that can pull distant enemies to the wielder. 

Counterplay: grapple hook to any surface to break the pull. 

Inspiration: Tartarus's hammer from Halo 2, and the Brute Chieftan leader in the original Halo Wars.

With the Gravity Hammer equipped, the reload button lowers the local gravity field surrounding the user, allowing him to move in ways that would be otherwise impossible eg higher jump, longer strides.   

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

Halo 4 looked how it did on the 360.

That should be a testament to at least the talent of the graphics team, but a lot more than just artist work goes into graphics. They had to optimize that shit to a painstaking degree to make it look that good on a console that had less than one gigabyte of RAM. I remember being particularly blown away by the cutscene on the Infinity where Cortana flips shit and Chief tells Del Rio to go kick rocks. The lighting was especially impressive. And that said, I have confidence in 343i at least making Infinite look very good on the Xbone. (The downside is that 343i design doesn't entail much out-of-map stuff. Makes map breaking a lot less fun.)

Xbox 360 has 512MB of RAM

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Xbox 360 has 512MB of RAM

I'm pretty sure Microsoft gave them permission to use a little exra juice too. I remember distinctly all the Xbox 360s functions running like pure ass when Halo 4 was running.