CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

7 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I‘ll bet the lightning gun tends to get pulled out when a player gets knocked into the air and therefore has a predictable trajectory as they land.

Not just that, it has a decent amount of aerial knockback to keep someone in the air.

17 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

why is there an announcer line for when you snipe someone without scoping in... 

:(

It should be, a medal for a sniper headshot. If you get a body shot, that's just a kill. 

I think a Noscope announcement is fine given it's not as piss easy as H5 was. Most of them are obnoxious i agree, but i think that one is fine.  I think the "Reversal" one is fine too from H5.  Most of the others that aren't just multikills are noise.

16 hours ago, Boyo said:

Do you get stunned or have your attack disabled when you’re hit by a Grappleshot?  

my god i hope not.  Crowd control mechanics just blow. "let me just turn the game off for you for a second here while i get a free kill aaaaaand..... you're dead"

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Just a little something interesting from reddit, the overshield/camo leaves a trail behind your character when you are carrying it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/o2k4ba/the_overshield_has_a_trail_when_youre_saving_it/

Pretty good news since that was my main concern with the new system, people using pocket OS mid fight out of nowhere, but at least there is a tell on when they have it and really it's your own fault if you or your team just lets the enemy team have it for free.

It seems like 343 have much more of a clue of what they're doing this time around when it comes to balancing things.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:05 PM, Apoll0 said:

It shows on the players back and if they are moving there is a yellow light trail that follows it, so the only way you can't tell beforehand is if they are standing facing you perfectly still.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugw2L5b-UqojyGDA8w94AaABCQ

Reddit aint shit. They're only like 4 days behind.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

This is literally a highlight reel of one of the best Quake players. Also please correct if I’m wrong, but I‘ll bet the lightning gun tends to get pulled out when a player gets knocked into the air and therefore has a predictable trajectory as they land.

Nah the LG gets frequent use because it's a hit scan weapon so you can guarantee your shots will hit unlike many other slow projectile weapons in the game or other hit scan weapons with a slower ROF.

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

Reddit aint shit. They're only like 4 days behind.

Damn, I didn't see that post, well done on your part for spotting that so early.

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

No it doesn't. This shit is needless and stupid and accomplishes absolutely nothing relative to just putting regular goddamn powerups on the map. But I guess it's fun to watch 343 scrape up their deck by constantly moving all the chairs around.

I knew that line would get a bite.

Forgive me if I'm not particularly a fan of the old system simply for its merit of being old, in fact I think the whole mad dash for OS/camo only for it to be picked up by the player with the better connection is complete bullshit. They tried to remedy this in H5 by making it a pickup but still failed to address the initial problem of people gunning for it as soon as it spawns, which was only made worse by the likes of slideboosting. Now that you drop the power-up on death, which should have been the case in H5 all along, there's a lot more risk vs reward involved in obtaining a powerup. Before, there was really no reason not to B-line it every time, even if it meant death, because at least you had a high chance of burning it and stopping the other team from obtaining it, which is mind numbling 1 dimentional.

At least now a little bit of strategy can be involved in how to go about obtaining powerups and when/how to use them. I'm particulary interesting in how the meta for camo will evolve with this new change, instead of the typical "The other team just grabbed camo, lets pay about 10% more attention for all of 30 seconds before it's gone/they're insta melted upon being spotted" you'll have to be pretty about your wits as they could use it at any moment, making it a highly desireable item to get, which of course will have it's own set of risks/rewards to consider when going for, and yes, yes I know, CE already had a meta with powerup nading blah-blah, Infinite has that too, along with a grapple that can grapple items to yourself, and also has to be earned. If the other team manages to outplay you because they held onto a powerup and used it at an opportune moment, your team really only has themselves to blame as it was entirely avoidable.

All of these things add up to be something that, in my opinion, could be pretty damn interesting gameplay wise and a breath of fresh air from the tired old system that we are used to. I'm only just scratching the surface of what's really possible with this new system and I'm excited to see more. Sometimes I wonder, if CE had launched with these features, wouldn't we now be arguing its merits and demanding its return upon its absence in the newest entry?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 2

17 minutes ago, Mow said:

Sometimes I wonder, if CE had launched with these features, wouldn't we now be arguing its merits and demanding its return upon its absence in the newest entry?

No, because CE wouldn't have been as well liked if shit like this had been part of it.

46 minutes ago, Mow said:

Damn, I didn't see that post, well done on your part for spotting that so early.

Forgive me if I'm not particularly a fan of the old system simply for its merit of being old, in fact I think the whole mad dash for OS/camo only for it to be picked up by the player with the better connection is complete bullshit. They tried to remedy this in H5 by making it a pickup but still failed to address the initial problem of people gunning for it as soon as it spawns, which was only made worse by the likes of slideboosting. Now that you drop the power-up on death, which should have been the case in H5 all along, there's a lot more risk vs reward involved in obtaining a powerup. Before, there was really no reason not to B-line it every time, even if it meant death, because at least you had a high chance of burning it and stopping the other team from obtaining it, which is mind numbling 1 dimentional.

At least now a little bit of strategy can be involved in how to go about obtaining powerups and when/how to use them. I'm particulary interesting in how the meta for camo will evolve with this new change, instead of the typical "The other team just grabbed camo, lets pay about 10% more attention for all of 30 seconds before it's gone/they're insta melted upon being spotted" you'll have to be pretty about your wits as they could use it at any moment, making it a highly desireable item to get, which of course will have it's own set of risks/rewards to consider when going for, and yes, yes I know, CE already had a meta with powerup nading blah-blah, Infinite has that too, along with a grapple that can grapple items to yourself, and also has to be earned. If the other team manages to outplay you because they held onto a powerup and used it at an opportune moment, your team really only has themselves to blame as it was entirely avoidable.

All of these things add up to be something that, in my opinion, could be pretty damn interesting gameplay wise and a breath of fresh air from the tired old system that we are used to. I'm only just scratching the surface of what's really possible with this new system and I'm excited to see more. Sometimes I wonder, if CE had launched with these features, wouldn't we now be arguing its merits and demanding its return upon its absence in the newest entry?

BASED

Edit: Just to add, we still don't know how it will work in Infinite. Will the OS provide invincibility for a short period? Will it insta-fill your shield or will it just start to fill shields then overshield? These thing smatter to how busted or completely balanced it will be. I'm not too worried either way because it's not all that important. Life will move on even if Infinite sucks competitively. Get over it. 

Maybe I'm less worried because I've basically had no Halo in my life since I stopped playing Halo 4 very early on. Sure, MCC is good now but it's not the same as playing a new Halo game with a ton of hype around it. 

• Like (+1) 3

343s attempting to create a good Halo retrying over and over using the same methods. This game is going to inevitably fail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 3
  • Salt (-1) 4

5 hours ago, Mow said:

It seems like 343 have much more of a clue of what they're doing this time around when it comes to balancing things

The only light I've seen is 343 delaying the release. Thats the first time I've seen 343 show they know their game is trash. I dont think that rolled over into areas of the actual product of the game though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Mow said:

B-but… old game good, new game bad.

• Simms (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I still dislike getting rid of red and blue. 

I think players like yourself are just caught in nostalgia and nothing else can say otherwise, because every multiplayer game out there has no issues 

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I think players like yourself are just caught in nostalgia and nothing else can say otherwise, because every multiplayer game out there has no issues 

People are just used to the fact, most of the times 343 tries to implement something new, there is gonna be problems. 

1 minute ago, Hemlax said:

People are just used to the fact, most of the times 343 tries to implement something new, there is gonna be problems. 

I agree 100%, so my hype level won't pass 5/10 until Ii actually play it, but its also a bad idea to dismiss all of this out of hand. The difference this time is they're not doing it via base player traits that can't be altered without affecting the entire damn game.  People have to work now to get their cool shit, not just spawn with it. and if it sucks you can take it off the map.  if its OP you can nerf it and it only affects that single thing.  If its UP you can buff it and again only affect that one thing.

By (finally) trying their own thing via the sandbox instead of the player, there is actually a way to continually update and balance the game without fucking with the core way the game feels to play.  You can throw whatever shit at the wall you want and if it doesn't work out well no big deal, you didn't design every element of the entire game around it. It appears at first glance to be the smartest thing they have done with Halo since the Reach TU. BUT i'm still only cautiously optimistic just given how chapped my ass still is from 4 and 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Rvb is clearer then outlines. But you're right, functionally it's not that big on an issue. It's just an iconic part of halos visual language. 

Plus the only reason they changed it was because they want to encourage armor coatings as much as possible. Not because it's better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Rvb is clearer then outlines. But you're right, functionally it's not that big on an issue. It's just an iconic part of halos visual language. 

Plus the only reason they changed it was because they want to encourage armor coatings as much as possible. Not because it's better.

I would debate they achieve the same outcome.

and it doesn’t matters that it’s a new mechanic that deep down the community has asked for, for years. It was just something at the time no one thought of regarding outlines

14 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This cannot be correct unless it's HPC + some kind of mods, because I just booted up HPC and it feels like ass.

Might be with mods. I'm not sure. I'll tag him on the discord. 

14 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I assume you meant higher lag? Is there a video somewhere of this? 

Nope? I said HPC has lower lag, meaning it is more responsive than MCC. 

42 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Might be with mods. I'm not sure. I'll tag him on the discord. 

Nope? I said HPC has lower lag, meaning it is more responsive than MCC. 

Ok, I thought HPC was referring to MCC on PC. That being said, is there an analysis/write up on the difference between them anywhere?

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

Ok, I thought HPC was referring to MCC on PC. That being said, is there an analysis/write up on the difference between them anywhere?

You know personally I don’t give a fuck about any statistical data. The fact is majority mouse users hate it and most of the top streamers that are known for mouse play even said it felt off. 

• Salt (-1) 1

With every release of a Halo game they try to catch a bit of the fanbase by playing the nostalgia card and saying things like: equal starts, is what makes Halo, Halo. Older games had it, we have it too, they are both true Halo games. If you like the old games, you will like this one too. Now they are saying the Sandbox is what makes a Halo game. Older games had it, and we have it too, so this is also a true Halo game.

This marketing tactic really isn't going to work anymore because with every release you disappoint, and we don't believe you anymore. To the people who always loved Halo, like me, it is something different than the people who makes the game now, people who were hired because they didn't like the Halo games.

There are many improvements to this game I think, like the cool vehicle improvements, the academy, the bots, the spartan models, the AI, but WHAT truly makes a Halo game, to the older fans, still isn't there in this game.

• Like (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

With every release of a Halo game they try to catch a bit of the fanbase by playing the nostalgia card and saying things like: equal starts, is what makes Halo, Halo. Older games had it, we have it too, they are both true Halo games. If you like the old games, you will like this one too. Now they are saying the Sandbox is what makes a Halo game. Older games had it, and we have it too, so this is also a true Halo game.

This marketing tactic really isn't going to work anymore because with every release you disappoint, and we don't believe you anymore. To the people who always loved Halo, like me, it is something different than the people who makes the game now, people who were hired because they didn't like the Halo games.

There are many improvements to this game I think, like the cool vehicle improvements, the academy, the bots, the spartan models, the AI, but WHAT truly makes a Halo game, to the older fans, still isn't there in this game.

Every. Single. Time 343 has made a new halo game, they've always been "defining a new experience whilst keeping it true to halo"

they really gotta just make a halo game, not some bullshit that caters to people that will drop the game if you don't have an animation that doesn't let you shoot at top speed

• Like (+1) 1