CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Tracking isn’t usually hard as it is with a mnk as it is in mcc games. If you were to play overwatch or apex legends you’d know what I’m talking about and heck’s even warzone as that requires tracking because of the movement players do and the longer TTK 

I haven't exactly figured out why tracking is so much harder scoped in than it is un-scoped, particularly w/ snipe.

I suspect it has something to do with scoped vs. unscoped sensitivity. For example, my scoped:unscoped sensitivity ratio is 1:1. Say I scope in with 2x magnification. Would I need that ratio to be 2:1 to achieve the same "feel"? I haven't tested it, I'm not sure. I know other FPS communities (CS:GO, Valorant, Overwatch) have had the unscoped vs. scoped sensitivity discussion.

On another note, I think it's interesting how before crossplay was added, the overwhelming feeling was that M&K would render controllers obsolete and generally have a massive advantage. Now, it seems the only advantage M&K has over controller is unscoped sniping.

26 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

On another note, I think it's interesting how before crossplay was added, the overwhelming feeling was that M&K would render controllers obsolete and generally have a massive advantage. Now, it seems the only advantage M&K has over controller is unscoped sniping.

There is a great mouse delay in mcc than normal games and the larger reticules are also a cause 

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

There is a great mouse delay in mcc than normal games and the larger reticules are also a cause 

I don't feel a delay. Was there any proof for that?

7 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I don't feel a delay. Was there any proof for that?

You don’t feel it but many mouse users do. It feels like some form of mouse smoothing or something like that. I don’t some confirmation of a delay but when I play ANY other pc game the mouse aiming feels smooth, quick and responsive. Halo. I keep thinking something ain’t right 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

You don’t feel it but many mouse users do. It feels like some form of mouse smoothing or something like that. I don’t some confirmation of a delay but when I play ANY other pc game the mouse aiming feels smooth, quick and responsive. Halo. I keep thinking something ain’t right

Can I be honest with you?

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Lol go for it I’m ready 

I think you're making up the mouse issues.

Edit:

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

It feels like some form of mouse smoothing or something like that.

I just did some research. Have you tried turning off the "Mouse smoothing" option in MCC?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

13 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I think you're making up the mouse issues.

Edit:

I just did some research. Have you tried turning off the "Mouse smoothing" option in MCC?

I hate you I really do. 
dude explain to me why no mouse players used a mouse on any Mcc game yet use them on apex, warzone, fortnite where aim assist is strong AF. Sure they complain about aim assist because as a mouse player it doesn’t feel good losing to someone who basically had the game help them win. But they still use their mouses why? 
like who here plays quake? Can you honestly tell me right now mouse aiming feels EXACTLY as smooth and responsive as Quake? I gotta know.  And halo doesn’t have a fast responsive strafe like overwatch and players like myself can track easy in that even on low hit box characters like Mercy or tracer, 

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I hate you I really do. 
dude explain to me why no mouse players used a mouse on any Mcc game yet use them on apex, warzone, fortnite where aim assist is strong AF. Sure they complain about aim assist because as a mouse player it doesn’t feel good losing to someone who basically had the game help them win. But they still use their mouses why? 

Two big reasons on my mind why mouse is unforgiving in Halo in particular:

1.) Lack of aim-assist and magnetism is especially punishing on BRs because missing even 1 shot in a single burst can lose a fight

2.) Strafing is much more common in Halo, which is more punishing for mouse than for controllers

It's next to impossible to get a perfect 4sk with a BR on M&K against someone who is making even a mediocre strafe. Lack of aim assist will guarantee that most of your bursts will only register 1-2 shots unless you perfectly track the other player.

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I don’t think it’s awkward, controllers just have a large advantage in BR fights due to auto-aim. The fact that BRs are a 3-shot burst exacerbates this as a M&K player is more likely to only hit 1 or 2 shots in a burst whereas the controller player would hit all 3 due to bullet magnetism.

I don’t mean to make it sound like the advantage lies totally with controller players. For example, it is much easier to team-kill with M&K.

Correct me know if I'm wrong but I'm very certain you still get bullet magnetism with a mouse. You just don't get reticle magnetism. 

Also Reamis is correct about MCC mouse input. Chaosvex in the hpc community has said repeatedly that hpc is much lower lag than mcc. Many others report the same. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Two big reasons on my mind why mouse is unforgiving in Halo in particular:

1.) Lack of aim-assist and magnetism is especially punishing on BRs because missing even 1 shot in a single burst can lose a fight

2.) Strafing is much more common in Halo, which is more punishing for mouse than for controllers

It's next to impossible to get a perfect 4sk with a BR on M&K against someone who is making even a mediocre strafe. Lack of aim assist will guarantee that most of your bursts will only register 1-2 shots unless you perfectly track the other player.

The mouse isn’t responsive enough for me to track the strafe that’s the problem. But I don’t have nearly as much trouble in apex or overwatch games where tracking is the most important thing for the average hero 

@VinnyMendoza thank you!

4 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Correct me know if I'm wrong but I'm very certain you still get bullet magnetism with a mouse. You just don't get reticle magnetism. 

Also Reamis is correct about MCC mouse input. Chaosvex in the hpc community has said repeatedly that hpc is much lower lag than mcc. Many others report the same. 

I assume you meant higher lag? Is there a video somewhere of this?

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

The mouse isn’t responsive enough for me to track the strafe that’s the problem. But I don’t have nearly as much trouble in apex or overwatch games where tracking is the most important thing for the average hero 

@VinnyMendoza thank you!

I don't care how responsive your mouse is; even the best mouse players aren't going to perfectly track a player with a BR. Not only do you need to be aiming at the player upon the trigger pull, you need to continue tracking them as the entire burst fires.

I have exclusively played MCC on M&K since it was released on PC. BR is the only gun that has been an issue for me; even DMR fights in Reach are much easier than BRs in H2/H3.

43 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

This cannot be correct unless it's HPC + some kind of mods, because I just booted up HPC and it feels like ass.

57 minutes ago, Zdann said:

I hope that 343 gets MNK support down for Infinite

According to their words of smooth responsive mouse in their blog it’ll be like that but the players will be the judges 

22 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This cannot be correct unless it's HPC + some kind of mods, because I just booted up HPC and it feels like ass.

What is HPC? 

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

even the best mouse players aren't going to perfectly track a player with a BR. Not only do you need to be aiming at the player upon the trigger pull, you need to continue tracking them as the entire burst fires.

You never seen the lightning gun in Quake 3?

Time stamp: 150S

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

I think what he was trying to say is, the average ttk with BR using KBM will be even worse than it already is, therefore BR most likely won't be the go to weapon as it is right now.

I know most here aren’t campaign people and I definitely ain’t I rarely play it.

but looking back at the trailer it’s giving me vibes this’ll be very good. One thing I greatly enjoyed about h4 campaign was chief becoming human. Chief was raised since childhood to be a soldier for humanity. To him he was a weapon, not a person; basically a machine one whom becomes useless is meant to be tossed aside. Cortana who is an actual machine, showed us she was/is more human than him in the earlier games. In h4 she was showing chief that he was human, and it seems that rubbed off of him in infinite. There’s a reason they used that quote from h4.  I’m interested to see how this story pans out in the end. Will we see chiefs face(I mean we technically know how he looks just not as a full fledged adult) will he finally meet his end?  There’s a quote about chief knowing he’d eventually die saying though he is not ready. A fearless soldier but one whom still feels some fear when it’s finally his time. I want  see a great story. A connection made between chief and this new villain, or even atriox. I want chief to win, but die as an old who’s become tired, but satisfied he did his duty. Or let’s basically have another h3 ending where he tells this new ai wake me when you need me.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:05 AM, Snipe Three said:

I've always wondered if needing perfect headshots would even work in Halo to begin with. Surely it would allow more of a skill gap in theory but I'm not 100% sure that it would play out that way in real life. I think there is a very real chance that most of even the best players would struggle to land a perfect kill to the point that when it did happen a lot of the time it may have more to do with luck or generally just be an accident with almost all kills not being perfect from even the best player. I could even see an argument that it would average out in a vacuum that the best aim player would end up with more perfect kills in the end but in Halo not every kill is created equally which could lead to very large in game swings in objective or even slayer modes just due to map control coming down to a 1v1 that could've gone the other way but someone just got a little luckier.

I guess what I'm getting at is that its pretty important for people who are good at the game to be able to be consistently good at it. If its so hard that they just can't get it consistent to the point that it feels a little wonky or random that probably isn't the direction you want to be moving in.

I hear what you're saying, and I have often wondered the same thing about headshot multipliers in Halo too, but after playing games over the years that have much faster movement and strafe acceleration (Overwatch, Apex, Doom, etc.) I'm pretty confident it wouldn't be an issue in Halo and could elevate the skill gap in ways we haven't seen/been able to in the past. I do want to get into all the potetial positives of a shield headshot multiplier but I'm just waiting for it be confirmed, I don't want to get my hopes up and then it turns out it's not really in the game and we're left with a 1.5sec(?) TTK BR, that would be pretty disappointing.

Just a little something interesting from reddit, the overshield/camo leaves a trail behind your character when you are carrying it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/o2k4ba/the_overshield_has_a_trail_when_youre_saving_it/

Pretty good news since that was my main concern with the new system, people using pocket OS mid fight out of nowhere, but at least there is a tell on when they have it and really it's your own fault if you or your team just lets the enemy team have it for free.

It seems like 343 have much more of a clue of what they're doing this time around when it comes to balancing things.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Mow said:

Just a little something interesting from reddit, the overshield/camo leaves a trail behind your character when you are carrying it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/o2k4ba/the_overshield_has_a_trail_when_youre_saving_it/

Pretty good news since that was my main concern with the new system, people using pocket OS mid fight out of nowhere, but at least there is a tell on when they have it and really it's your own fault if you or your team just lets the enemy team have it for free.

It seems like 343 have much more of a clue of what they're doing this time around when it comes to balancing things.

oh fuck yeah i didn't notice that, that's awesome!

5 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

This is literally a highlight reel of one of the best Quake players. Also please correct if I’m wrong, but I‘ll bet the lightning gun tends to get pulled out when a player gets knocked into the air and therefore has a predictable trajectory as they land.