CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Can someone determine the frames of the Sidekick for me please? From this little clip on Vetoed's supercut (2:00), we can give an estimation of the kill time for it if it's a six shot, or seven shot, as I believe the player is firing at max RoF.

44 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Can someone determine the frames of the Sidekick for me please? From this little clip on Vetoed's supercut (2:00), we can give an estimation of the kill time for it if it's a six shot, or seven shot, as I believe the player is firing at max RoF.

Not a tech guy by any means, but if you pull out your lappy and hit the fullstop/comma key, youtube plays the video frame by frame for you. I count 10 but I might be wrong.

17 hours ago, Boyo said:

What happens when two players are both airborne then grapple each other?  

They do a little airborne hug. 

2 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

They do a little airborne hug. 

What happens when three airborne players in a triangle all grapple the player to their right?  Perpetual motion generator?  

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I've counted both 10 and 12 frames throughout the various clips. It's hard to judge its TTK, because the guy he's shooting at takes 6 AR bullets before succumbing to 4 from the sidekick. If the BR is going to be Halo 3 speed, I seriously doubt the Sidekick will have a 1-1.1 second TTK.

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

E3ztRpMUcAACzrO?format=png&name=900x900

"Bro trust me adding sprint, loadouts, auto starts, and armor abilities will be fine for the game" - some Microsoft exec to 343 in 2011

But dude sprint is really slow now. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

What happens when three airborne players in a triangle all grapple the player to their right?  Perpetual motion generator?  

There is only one grapple pickup per map so this is not possible.

10 hours ago, NAK said:

If sprint is truly significantly nerfed (10% speed bump max) and you can fire out of it I am not sure that it bothers me much honestly. I find the valuable real-estate it takes up on the controller to be much more annoying at this point, especially because the use of Equipment adds yet another input it looks like you'll have to do consistently. 

Grenade, Shoot, Sprint, Jump, Equipment, Melee, Change Weapon, Interact/pickup, Crouch/Slide, Scope.

Where do you even place them for it to be comfortable/optimal if you don't have paddles or play Claw. 

You dont.

Equipment is going to have to be on a face button for me. which totally sucks. just like thrust was.  So it will probably land on X since thats the easiest button for me to claw and im not spending money on this shit ...

10 hours ago, NavG123 said:

$150 controllers with plastic parts that go bad within 6 months of moderate-heavy use. I don't know how this even became acceptable.

Its kind of bullshit.  Buddy of mine bought one and got the extended warranty from best buy.  its broken so many times and he keeps getting the $20 warranty (it doesn't cover the replacement apparently?) that each one has effectively cost him less than $60 at this point.  its such BS that they break all the time. and its ALWAYS stick drift, the paddles are fine.... I swear the stick drift is worse on those than it is on the standard controllers.

For the starting weapons god... im actually fine with AR starts if it starts as your secondary and it has no headshot multiplier. It shouldn't be stronger than the precision starting utility weapon at any range, just easier.  But the precision starting weapon needs to be able to challenge anything.  It doesn't mean it needs to be able to outright beat it but if I have to hunt for a better weapon to even have a reasonable chance of descoping a sniper staring at our spawns.... im not going to be playing this shit.

• Like (+1) 3

If the grappleshot is so strong that it makes getting power weapons trivially easy and “unfair” (it’s not) than that would just mean that you need to contest the grappleshot better, right? And then once you’re getting the grappleshot all the time and the game isn’t just falling into your lap, maybe you’ll realize that the grappleshot was never the problem.

9 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

If the grappleshot is so strong that it makes getting power weapons trivially easy and “unfair” (it’s not) than that would just mean that you need to contest the grappleshot better, right? And then once you’re getting the grappleshot all the time and the game isn’t just falling into your lap, maybe you’ll realize that the grappleshot was never the problem.

What I don’t follow is why skewering a weapon with a grapple doesn’t immediately render it broken and non-useable. It would be interesting if the hook was only a method to deny a weapon rather than secure it for yourself.

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

What I don’t follow is why skewering a weapon with a grapple doesn’t immediately render it broken and non-useable. It would be interesting if the hook was only a method to deny a weapon rather than secure it for yourself.

Nah bro it’s just a claw machine with gun powder.

• Simms (+1) 1

If there’s a headshot multiplier, I think can really change things for the better. Instead of body+body+Body+ head, it’s Head+head+head. Sure there can be some lucky moments, but I think that’s a small price to pay for a greater skill gap. Hell in warzone there’s been times where I’m basically 2 shots dead but I win because I get headshots on my opponent 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gaard said:

"Bro trust me adding sprint, loadouts, auto starts, and armor abilities will be fine for the game" - some Microsoft exec to 343 in 2011

Me before halo infinite goes from 8 -10 million on launch to like 50K in 6 months. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

If it was a claw, it shouldn’t be able to latch onto flat surfaces without the claws penetrating the surface.

Another stream in two hours, 343 is also there, hopefully som new useful info.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Another stream in two hours, 343 is also there, hopefully som new useful info.

I believe Ske7ch already so no new info

• Thonking (+0) 1

37 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10232555

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gaard said:

Halo 4's data isn't quite comparable to the rest there because that dataset only tracked the number of players actively in the multiplayer playlists. If you were playing the campaign, customs, or forge, you wouldn't be shown in the numbers.

Halo: Reach not only had playlist population counters, but had total population counters. From there, you could add the playlist populations and divide by the total population.

The result is that you'd almost always get a ratio of about 0.5. Meaning that half the population of Reach was actively in a playlist (the only population captured by the H4 dataset), and the other half was not.

Look at the launch time numbers more closely, Reach and H4 were launched only 2 years apart, they sold essentially the same number of copies in the launch week, yet this graph shows H4 with only half the population Reach had during its launch. This is because the dataset for H4 simply fails to capture the entire population that was actually playing it. You'd literally have to double the H4 numbers to do so.

If you did so, you'd get a very different picture. H4 and Reach would be shown to have near identical population counts near their launch, with H4's population only becoming appreciably smaller than Reach's population a couple of months after launch. But yes, H4 did fail to retain its population as well as its predecessors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

9 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

I hope the BR is not the starting weapon if its TTK is fucking 1.6 seconds. 

I want a shorter TTK on the BR for sure, no question, but a 1.6 perfect TTK on dedicated servers with predictable spread seems much more reasonable than what we got with H3.

This all depends, however, on the aiming system. Based on what I saw in the vidoc, I think we’re getting a near carbon copy of the H5 aiming system. Call me crazy, but I just get that same vibe when I watch that gameplay. This brings me no happiness, but I think it’s what we’re going to get.

in general the thought process behind the new equipment seems actually well thought out, and across the board seems like they're making some effort to not make reskinned weapons and give each weapon its own place or usefulness

I am extremely worried about the point system, it looks exactly like h4's. Now we can't see the UI obviously but every kill gives 100 points or some shit so if its like h4 it means doing extra stuff will contribute to the score for stuff like Slayer which is dumb. I hope that is an experience point / progression thing and not how the game actually determines who wins

I am extremely impressed with the leve of improvements that seem to have been made across the board, the year long delay seems to be well worth it, the graphics look really fucking good and the gameplay itself seems fun. Even the BR and Snipe seem like they're going to be harder with the projectiles and the smaller reticle

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

in general the thought process behind the new equipment seems actually well thought out

?

• Fire (+1) 1

So I used Vetoed's video @ 60FPS to make an estimation: 

If you use the clip at 1:59 from the multiplayer overview, there's about 11-12 frames in between successive Sidekick shots. 

If you use the clip from the end of the multiplayer trailer at 0:41, there's about 9-10 frames in between successive Sidekick shots.

I'm gonna only consider the faster one because the first clip seems to be at less-than-perfect RoF. 

60 Frames / 1 Sec  →  9 Frames / 0.15 Sec

6SK: 0.9 Sec TTK

7SK: 1.05 Sec TTK

8SK: 1.2 Sec TTK

9SK: 1.35 Sec TTK

10SK: 1.5 Sec TTK

I'm ideally hoping for 6SK or 7SK but I'll settle with an 8SK too.  9SK and above is just BR territory. 

Speaking of -

From the multiplayer overview clip at 2:29, the BR really fires much slower. A 3-round burst lasts for ~16 frames, but the inter-burst cooldown is kind of ambiguous because the player has a significant aim lag. Despite that, I'll be generous and say that the inter-burst cooldown lasts 6 frames, totaling 22 frames.

60 Frames / 1 Sec →  22 Frames / 0.36667 Sec

4SK: 1.46667 Sec

Pretty terrible. I hope they speed up both the actual burst and the inter-burst cooldown. At this rate, a BR is completely outmatched in CQC by just about every other weapon. 

I think this was also fairly obvious from the reveal but none of these seem to be projectile weapons. OTOH, they still demand much higher accuracy than we saw from Halo 5 and we already know that strafe is highly responsive. 

Chill out with the doomer stuff lol. I know it's 343 and their track record more or less speaks for itself, but I find it incredibly difficult to imagine that they'd repeat the exact same mistakes from Halo 5. 

With what little we've seen, the current priorities should be:

• Getting the BR to a higher RoF and with lower cooldowns
  • Getting the Sidekick to something below an 8SK or 9SK. 
  • Making sure equipment is balanced properly for competitive play (I.E No yanking rockets off spawn from 50 meters away with grapple, cheesing the fuck out of a flag cap with the repulsor, or having nu-promethean vision in ranked)
  • Toning the magnetism on some autos (I.E Carbine) way down.

I'm 75% happy on the sandbox and gunplay side of things, but what we've seen of the equipment has been pretty terrible. Grapple's busted, Sensor's fucking stupid, Repulsor's somewhat busted, Shield Wall's dumb, on-demand OS and Camo are fucking stupid, etc. 

Next most important thing's gonna be what they show off for matchmaking and online, followed by what content they have at launch. Knowing 343, any presentation they put together for this will be at least 75% full of casual fluff, but there should be key information on progression and ranking. Both are gonna make-or-break whether this game holds a decent population.

Forge and client-side theater are must haves at launch, as is Anti-Cheat. It hasn't been mentioned enough but they'll probably either go with a strong AC (Kernel-level, like Valorant) or an insufficient one (Where we end up with modders and likely periodic ban waves). 

Things could be much, much worse. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

6SK: 0.9 Sec TTK

That’s a high rate of fire for a semi auto on console.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Thing is that the grappleshot really becomes too overcentralizing for the game's good. You can make ridiculous cross-map movements with it, take a free W from otherwise tense and crucial power item battles, escape from fights with the smallest bit of situational awareness, and fucking latch onto people 50 meters away with forgiving aim before pulling out a hammer or a sword. 

I'm not gonna pretend that it's gonna get removed, but I really want them to place some restrictions on what you can do with it. 

Movement is kind of what it's meant for, so the only significant nerfs I want pertain to range and the ability to shoot people down mid-grapple.

Pulling items is fine too, as long as they're off their default spawn position. 

Grappling to other players is also fine, as long as they make it harder to latch on (and not as easy as it was in the MP overview).

• Like (+1) 1