CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Well if you watch the clips that pistol kills very quick. I would debate close to the CE pistol quick but maybe .1-.2 seconds longer. Obviously I’d have to play to truly know 

Is there a clip where someone kills someone full shields? I only recall seeing it kill people very low or no shields at all. 

shit looks like a stronger version of the H2 pistol :wutface:

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Well if you watch the clips that pistol kills very quick. I would debate close to the CE pistol quick but maybe .1-.2 seconds longer. Obviously I’d have to play to truly know 

@Hully I’ll agree only if the pistol sucks. I saw no zoom gameplay so it’s hard to say 

I'm almost certain there is a clip that shows the sidekick having the generic smart link zoom. 

2 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Is there a clip where someone kills someone full shields? I only recall seeing it kill people very low or no shields at all. 

There’s one clip where he starts to fire at a guy with his AR at first but it doesn’t do adequate damage and bust it out and nearly killed him instantly but it cuts away before the final shot. So technically no 

@RatherSilentMrill go back if I see a clip that has the generic, because I saw only the AR used in that way 

Maybe AR spawns will be the most casual of casual playlists and anything remotely serious will be BR starts. I thought they learned their lesson. MCC is pretty much all BR starts right? 

Or hell maybe they'll let us choose what to search for in MM. 

3 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Maybe AR spawns will be the most casual of casual playlists and anything remotely serious will be BR starts. I thought they learned their lesson. MCC is pretty much all BR starts right? 

Yeah however you don't have to look far to see that they left Halo 5 in the starting weapon dilemma forever where the br/dmr/carbine were just pistols with more range and kept us spawning with the pistol for years. I don't really know if they have much of an issue with that problem and it isn't something that is of concern on MCC since every pistol is either the CE pistol or literally useless its a lot easier to point out that bad gameplay

It would be a cool topic for someone at 343 to talk about at some point I think

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hard Way said:

@Mow’s speculation about headshot multipliers against shielded players has me kinda excited and willing to forgive a longer TTK if that’s the case.

I'm trying not to get too excited about it since it's completely unconfirmed but if true it has a ton of positive implications for the game, for instance imagine 3 shotting a player who is trying to sprint away from you. I also imagine it would make the sidekick a hell of a lot stronger than it currently looks, we've only really seen it being used on unshielded players so far.

Here's the post for those who want some context:

If you go to veto’s edit at 1:58 he barely puts any shots into the guy with his AR pulls his pistol out and nearly destroyed him in less than 5 shots. 

Taken to the most extreme you get SMG starts on Warlock, if anyone else remembers how those games went. 

AR/Pistol starts are a lesser version of that but still not good. We need the best utility weapon in the game as a starting point, then we fight over the more powerful items on the map. 

I really hope 343 understands this because if everything is AR/Pistol we're going to be in a pretty bad place. 

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

If you go to veto’s edit at 1:58 he barely puts any shots into the guy with his AR pulls his pistol out and nearly destroyed him in less than 5 shots. 

Yeah still not great imo, it's hard to know how much effect those AR shots had. Also, how many rounds in a mag? So how many kills are possible before a reload, that matters too. 

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah however you don't have to look far to see that they left Halo 5 in the starting weapon dilemma forever where the br/dmr/carbine were just pistols with more range and kept us spawning with the pistol for years. I don't really know if they have much of an issue with that problem and it isn't something that is of concern on MCC since every pistol is either the CE pistol or literally useless its a lot easier to point out that bad gameplay

It would be a cool topic for someone at 343 to talk about at some point I think

I personally think it's because most of the "arena maps" in Halo 5 have little to none midrange sightlines.  They seemed to encourage close range combat in Halo 5 by map design alone.  Consider Plaza,  Eden, Rig, etc.  The map designers do not like open space.  So the map design caters to close range thrusty combat.  

Yuck.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

11 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Yeah still not great imo, it's hard to know how much effect those AR shots had. Also, how many rounds in a mag? So how many kills are possible before a reload, that matters too. 

Hmm that’s true. I would hope that rank play is BR starts. Seems their catering to the crowd that hates precision weapon starts because they get shit on by good players. Man I wish they’d of said July but they said late summer which y’all know will be august 20 something 

28 minutes ago, xSociety said:

If you think there’s going to be anything other than AR starts I have an odd yet charming collection of large concrete corn-cobs which are titled “Field of Corn” in the Columbus, Ohio area to sell you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

The Jump button while the player is airborne is an open mapping.  A whole class of items could be designed to be activated by that mapping.  Then one of the directionals could cycle through the available items, just like grenades.  

Assigning something like equipment to the RB+LB combination would help. Hope we at least have the option for this if it isn't already there. 

9 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

I hope the BR is not the starting weapon if its TTK is fucking 1.6 seconds. 

Agreed. The AR+Beatdown combo kills in 0.8 seconds, so we should definitely have the AR be the starting weapon. 

• Simms (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Yeah but it might be a bit too powerful cuz now you're pulling power weapons from all over the place. 

I feel a good balance for it would be you can’t use it for weapons of spawn. Only dropped weapons from dead players. But we will have to play and see how it plays out first. 

The idea of a headshot multiplier seems plausible, though I can see it being clunky. It might make 1v1s take too long because you have to be aiming at the head for every shot to get the optimal TTK. Previous halos only asked for body+body+body+head.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

The idea of a headshot multiplier seems plausible, though I can see it being clunky. It might make 1v1s take too long because you have to be aiming at the head for every shot to get the optimal TTK. Previous halos only asked for body+body+body+head.

I've always found the halo headshot system to be limiting. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I was thinking about this analogy. It's nothing big, quite obvious maybe. It's about philosophy of creating art and game development.

When painting en plein air, you are encouraged to change things. You won't always find the killer composition, so you should change things, move things around and leave out things you don't need. You are not making photo, you are creating something your own. It's the results, the impression it gives what is important.

Making games could be also considered form of an art. In some cases of course, mostly when it comes to independent developers. When it comes to AAA titles, that needs huge budget, everything there is to maximize the INCOME and minimize the RISKS. Going the safe way, reusing assets, watching what are the trends, what people want, what works and what has been tested already. Now there are different exceptions, but with 343 Halo, this is exactly the case I am trying to describe.

Are they trying to create a good game? Sure. Are they exploring new ways how to build, change, expand the formula in meaningful ways? Probably yes. But there are certain things, like, yes, SPRINT, that cannot be left out, because that is among the things they evaluated needs to be there to attract and please the biggest possible mass. To MAXIMIZE the INCOME. EVEN if that means, it's something contraproductive to the actual gameplay, the state of art. Leaving sprint out could work, maybe even make their product more successful, but it is a RISK. A NO GO. Even if it is just stupid animation that stops you from shooting. It's gonna stay there, until somebody else proves people can do without it.

So that's how I see it. Hope it makes any sense lol.

• Like (+1) 5

sprint to me is only as bad as the speed boost it gives you, and it looks extremely toned down. like someone mentioned i think the more annoying part of sprint now is the extra button it takes up. i don't think sprint is gonna break this game like it broke reach, 4 and 5.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, vembress said:

sprint to me is only as bad as the speed boost it gives you, and it looks extremely toned down. like someone mentioned i think the more annoying part of sprint now is the extra button it takes up. i don't think sprint is gonna break this game like it broke reach, 4 and 5

It's the sluggish, pointless animation that stops you from shooting. It slows your reaction time. Without those animations and with faster "walking" speed, entire game would be so  much faster, smoother, more enjoyable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I've always wondered if needing perfect headshots would even work in Halo to begin with. Surely it would allow more of a skill gap in theory but I'm not 100% sure that it would play out that way in real life. I think there is a very real chance that most of even the best players would struggle to land a perfect kill to the point that when it did happen a lot of the time it may have more to do with luck or generally just be an accident with almost all kills not being perfect from even the best player. I could even see an argument that it would average out in a vacuum that the best aim player would end up with more perfect kills in the end but in Halo not every kill is created equally which could lead to very large in game swings in objective or even slayer modes just due to map control coming down to a 1v1 that could've gone the other way but someone just got a little luckier.

I guess what I'm getting at is that its pretty important for people who are good at the game to be able to be consistently good at it. If its so hard that they just can't get it consistent to the point that it feels a little wonky or random that probably isn't the direction you want to be moving in.

• Like (+1) 2

E3ztRpMUcAACzrO?format=png&name=900x900

"Bro trust me adding sprint, loadouts, auto starts, and armor abilities will be fine for the game" - some Microsoft exec to 343 in 2011

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5