CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, Rdispushedback said:

Your arguing for the utility to act as a powerweapon. Grab a sniper.

Was the CE pistol a power weapon? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

No grown adult consumes jelly, do they?

Yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

It acted close to one. The pistol was good for what it was but

Halo CE was one dimensional in terms of a versatile game.

The mechanics had to be changed on the utility the pistols ttk was too fast in that regard and gameplay was just shoot shoot shoot and the ttk on the 4sk allowed Halo to be a versatile game.

• Downvote (-1) 8
  • WutFace (+0) 1

The mechanics had to be changed on the utility the pistols ttk was too fast in that regard and the ttk on the 4sk allowed Halo to be a versatile game.

By forcing teamshooting as the only viable strategy since your gun was too weak to lone wolf?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

By forcing teamshooting as the only viable strategy since your gun was too weak to lone wolf?

Every sport requires teams and teamwork. Why do you think Halo was so popular. It acted like a sport 

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Every sport requires teams and teamwork. Why do you think Halo was so popular. It acted like a sport 

Was teamwork non existent in Halo 1? Should teamshooting be the only form of teamwork in Halo?

Look, we’ve reached the point where he ignores your argument and posts nonsense.  Are we done here?  

• Like (+1) 1

Using someone who is clearly not all there as a punching bag to make points we’ve all heard a million times before isn’t a good look, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just neg and move on people. Don't be Starlord, DO NOT ENGAGE!

At this point, unless some new news comes out about infinite, i think these conversations have pretty much run their course anyway.

4 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Just neg and move on people. Don't be Starlord, DO NOT ENGAGE!

At this point, unless some new news comes out about infinite, i think these conversations have pretty much run their course anyway.

Not quite. We've yet to discuss how Cortana used to be nude and hot, while her replacement is frumpy and fully clothed. 343 has gone too damn far this time and I won't stand for it.

#FreeTheVirtualNipple

• Simms (+1) 4
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hully said:

Not quite. We've yet to discuss how Cortana used to be nude and hot, while her replacement is frumpy and fully clothed. 343 has gone too damn far this time and I won't stand for it.

I do think that making AI look like tiny blue clothed humans does take away some of their charisma.  

Do you think Infinite will launch with any offensive equipment?  

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Do you think Infinite will launch with any offensive equipment?  

Grapple is one of those things that I bet 343 envisions being an offensive piece of equipment when, in actuality, people will use it primarily as an escape mechanism. I can see people using them as offensive tools in BTB to board flying vehicles, but that's pretty much the only scenario I can envision consistent offensive use.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I can see people using them as offensive tools in BTB to board flying vehicles

Is the grappling hook really that different from an overcharged Plasma Pistol?  Fire a projectile, move to the vehicle, then hijack it.  I feel like they serve very similar purposes in that regard.  

For example, a Tractor Beam weapon that fires a continuous beam that pulls an aerial vehicle in.  That allows for counterplay, where an enemy can see what you’re attempting to do and try to stop you.  

Similar to the overcharged Plasma Pistol, once the Grappling Hook has been fired at a vehicle, there’s not much anyone can do to stop the hijacking.  

2 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

Can't wait to hook to P3 from P1 in the inevitable Midship remake 

You gonna grapple through the floor?  

Do you think the grappling hook will be able to rip open a sealed hatch to give access to new paths/areas?  

I feel like not giving the grapple some kind of Data Spike ability like Robocop is a real missed opportunity.  

• Thonking (+0) 1