CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I’m curious if the AI are going to have unique multipliers for hill time.  Like one gets points faster for more teammates in the hill at once, another gets more points for getting kills while in the hill, et c.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I’m curious if the AI are going to have unique multipliers for hill time.  Like one gets points faster for more teammates in the hill at once, another gets more points for getting kills while in the hill, et c.  

Asking the important questions. 

• Simms (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Silos said:

you could definitely be right that it's to reward shooting certain parts of an opponent.

Daily Challenge — “Got Your Back” — Kill 15 enemies from behind 

8 hours ago, Landonio said:

I hate and don't quite get the unnecessary shift of focus towards BTB for four straight games now, when BTB was never even lacking in the original trilogy anyway. 

Three reasons:

- BTB is the most causal game mode.

- BTB has the most weapons, vehicles and powerups.

- BTB has the highest chance of something cool happening simply due to player count.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm curious if the AI is going to be sniper jackals.

I'm actually interested in the bots for a lot of more technical reasons. I'm reallyyyy curious to see if they did something to make them feel more realistic or if I'm about to see agent under fire bots that jump into rooms and 180 headshot you with sniper rifles instantly because they're essentially cheating and pretending that they don't already know where you are. They're far more likely to just cheat on harder difficulty settings aka always knowing exactly where you are etc but I think it would be really nice to see if someone went out of their way to make some 2021 bots with behaviors and everything to make them better rather than just creating near unkillable aim bots

• Like (+1) 1

I’m going to make a Westworld custom game with bots as hosts.  

20 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

One could only hope!

I wouldn't play this game if they literally paid me to do it.. or they would have to pay me to do it since its free.

CoD now is the only game good enough to cater to a competitive playerbase.

• WutFace (+0) 8
  • Salt (-1) 3

6 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

CoD now is the only game good enough to cater to a competitive playerbase.

No. And it never was.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yes. it is. Completely now.

Even ogre 2 jumped to CoD during Bo2. Not only because Halo sucked but because CoD got better as a competitive game. Much off of copying Halo 3s blueprint.

This game isn't good enough of a game let alone able to reach expectations for a Halo game.

Why does it look like titanfall but from Halos perspective?

I'm a little baffled at the idea that there were some people who knew this would be an "advanced mobility" Halo, yet held onto hope of fast precision kill times.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

I dont think the commando is auto. It's just a spammy semi.

No, it's an auto.

7 hours ago, Hootspa said:

Has anyone analyzed the footage enough to be able to determine if any of the precision weapons are projectile based or is it safe to assume they are hitscan?

Lol

Its 343 were talking about. They despise anything that takes skill.

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3

8 hours ago, Boyo said:

The Grappling hook, pro vis, and repulsor are all items that fire a projectile forward.  Is this “left handed equipment” the ideal mechanical approach to adding these abilities to the game?  

I mean I usually use my right hand....

But I suppose left hand could spice things up a bit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I want to see one accidentally fall off the map or do a trick jump.  Now that would be impressive ai. 

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'm gonna guess that the Commando is the gun.

Sidekick will technically have a faster kill-time, but significantly less range capability. It looks like Smart Scope is back for guns that don't already have scopes, having a 1.4x zoom, which leads me to believe Sidekick will have that zoom. Commando has a 3x zoom like the DMR, but spams like the Carbine. Could either be a 7 shot or 8 shot to the head, which is still significantly faster than the BR.

Commando could have a 1.3 perfect kill time, and the Sidekick could have a 1 second perfect kill time, if it's true that the former is a seven-shot and the latter a six-shot.

I'm disappointed that we got here because of spammy weapons, but we're here at least.

If the sidekick kills in one second close range 6 shot, that will be a hell of a skillful weapon for close range combat. 

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

Yes. it is. Completely now.

Even ogre 2 jumped to CoD during Bo2. Not only because Halo sucked but because CoD got better as a competitive game. Much off of copying Halo 3s blueprint.

This game isn't good enough of a game let alone able to reach expectations for a Halo game.

Why does it look like titanfall but from Halos perspective?

What kool aid do you drink

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

On 6/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, The Tyco said:

Account was just made, and the first post it makes is antagonistic bait. Don't bite.

There’s nothing to bait about lol. I was just saying what had to be said bluntly. New account, idc about negs or salt, I’ve seen all you’ve type of users before. Been there done that, Im just trying to get people to lighten the hell up.

Despite me being new here, let’s clear something up now. I am Veteran, got CE special edition Xbox when it released. Played every Halo fps, had an account on Bungie.net forums back in the day. Have mine on Waypoint as one of the few early Spartan Onyx (oh n yes I already kno how some of y’all have despised “Waypointers” doesn’t bother me a bit), and long since have been observing endless Neogaf posts, until it imploded and people migrated, some to here. Fairly skilled Halo player, Inheritor before Reach population completely died and 152 many yrs ago in H5.

There are a plethora of gripes I’ve had with Halo since 343 took the mantle, I’ve voiced my countless constructive criticisms and due to my no bs approach, I’m more or less on my last legs of being banned on Waypoint. Hey, but they were at least nice enough to let me know, they and I know my contributions. Over all these years I’ve learned something lol, and it’s that I’m getting too old to give so much of a damn about a game. Iconic as said game is, at the end of the day, we will not get everything we want and ask for. There is only so much we can do, but offer our feedback and keep it rolling. I’ve learned to have what fun I can until this ship has completely sunken and so far, I’ve done a hell of a job having more fun when I’m not caring about every nuance. 

Lastly, just want to note I started caring less after  I put in my time for 152 and realized, I’m just going to play Halo for whatever they give. I’m not that kid anymore, and have more important things to do as well than be stressed on forums for as long as I have already been. I did my time and will shut up more, now it’s time for 343 to just put up. One more thing @Cursed Lemon, I do appreciate your detailed presentation about what 343 was doing wrong those yrs ago. Some people may have felt it wasn’t professional enough to be sent to 343. I quite frankly felt like it got the points right and did not matter how your stated it. Peace out y’all, Infinite is looking like it’ll be some fun, I’ll leave it at that and I’ll be watching here and there since I’ve been burnt from forums in general…

• Like (+1) 3