CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

26 minutes ago, Silos said:

25.38 - 23.83 = 1.55 second TTK with the BR assuming that was shooting at full speed.

Well… this is certainly concerning. I’m pretty sure I also saw a clip where someone killed a player with four shots from the sidekick with the last shot being a headshot but the player had already taken quite a bit of AR damage. So we’re looking at a BR that is 1.5+ sec kill time and a pistol that possibly kills faster but will be very spammy with likely a 6 or more shot kill and hardly able to kill two people before having to reload. I think of things like tighter hit boxes and less bullet magnetism and get all excited and then see something like this and become worried again. You can’t have those high of kill times in a game with sprint and equipment on the maps that is defensive in nature especially if you’re making a game where people are actually going to miss shots. 

• Like (+1) 3

1.5 or 1.6s ttk is ridiculous lmao. The only good thing about h5 was the faster ttk.

1.5 is the same as h3. Imagine trying to kill sprinty bois with the h3 br. Thats what infinite is. Nice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 6

Just now, vembress said:

what is a "flat texture subtle-fortnite" look? 

I thought it looked like Perfect Dark Zero at one point.  

• Simms (+1) 1

i think the biggest problem with the visuals is probably the natural lighting , but it's not a huge deal by any means 

1.6 sec TTKs make things like the new OS & shield walls way worse. 

There is no balance between player lethality and all these defensive items/abilities. 

• Like (+1) 3

Imagine the autos all kill in like 1.1 seconds or something.

• WutFace (+0) 2

I want to believe that's not the case and there is still more player error here, but it wouldn't shock me

That is one thing Halo 5 absolutely nails. The BR killtime.

1.5 is the same as h3. Imagine trying to kill sprinty bois with the h3 br. Thats what infinite is. Nice. 

And that was with bullet travel. Yikes.

Hi gents, I used to play Halo until 343 decided to troll us for years. I'm back to do some analysis (I used to do a heap of that).

Kill time for the BR: I've frame-by-framed the BR and found the shortest time between bursts, timesed that by 4 and then timed that and it looks like we have a 1.5 second kill time.

b2bsuj3.png

I did a comparison image between CE, H2, H3 etc. a couple of years ago but can't bloody find it. Off the top of my head H2's was 1.47? (or was it less than that? I can't remember now).

Anyway, it seems decent with thrust and all that H5 shit gone and sprint slower. CHur

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I hope we get damage modifier custom game settings for individual guns. 

Don't even need to play the game to know the default settings are trash.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I'm gonna guess that the Commando is the gun.

Sidekick will technically have a faster kill-time, but significantly less range capability. It looks like Smart Scope is back for guns that don't already have scopes, having a 1.4x zoom, which leads me to believe Sidekick will have that zoom. Commando has a 3x zoom like the DMR, but spams like the Carbine. Could either be a 7 shot or 8 shot to the head, which is still significantly faster than the BR.

Commando could have a 1.3 perfect kill time, and the Sidekick could have a 1 second perfect kill time, if it's true that the former is a seven-shot and the latter a six-shot.

I'm disappointed that we got here because of spammy weapons, but we're here at least.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Commando could have a 1.3 perfect kill time, and the Sidekick could have a 1 second perfect kill time, if it's true that the former is a seven-shot and the latter a six-shot.

Have there been any framerate analyses for these other guns? 

My concern is how many other weapons are in this sandbox but have yet to be shown.

Why is everyone talking about kill times when we still don't know if Covenant bots will be an option?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

1 minute ago, NavG123 said:

Why is everyone talking about kill times when we still don't know if Covenant bots will be an option?

Cuz they won't be 

Jeez, I really don’t want the Commando to be a spawn weapon.

I’d be okay with BR/Pistol starts, but I’m pretty sure we’re spawning with an AR. That would likely mean we’re rarely using Sidekicks bc we’d have to pick them up, or even worse, we’re spawning with Pistol/AR and missing tons of damage opportunities due to range limitations, and we get the same issues we ran into with the Launch H5 sandbox.

Man this BR news is pretty rough. I really hope they speed up the burst a little and get this thing down to 1.3 at the highest.

• Like (+1) 4

I'm fine with the Commando as a spawn gun. It's accurate, has a small crosshair, and holding down the fire button on a mouse feels better than clicking 4-5 times per kill.

Woah. It's been a while folks. A lot of doritos dust to clean off the old forum keyboard.

I don't hate what I saw. In fact, I liked a lot of what I have seen. But this is 343 - they still have a long way to go. The game functioning fully at launch being number one. I will reserve judgements on weapons and tuning for a bit. Art style and music are all absolutely gorgeous so far and represent a modern Halo title/what so many fans asked for after Halo 3/Reach with touches from its predecessors. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

On 6/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, Silos said:

Pulling out the inner Halo scientist in me. I can't believe I didn't notice until your video, there's a timer during the training segment so we can easily time a BR kill. First bullet connects when there's 25.38 seconds left on the timer, last bullet of a fourth burst connects at 23.83. Technically it takes five bursts to kill in the clip because one burst completely misses. I'm timing based off first seeing shield flare from getting hit to the hit marker appearance of the final bullet on the fourth burst, and I'm ignoring the fifth burst that actually kills.

25.38 - 23.83 = 1.55 second TTK with the BR assuming that was shooting at full speed.

On 6/15/2021 at 11:06 PM, Apoll0 said:

I counted 96 frames for a full 4 BR busts so we're looking at a 1.6 second kill time on it.....

LOL silos I had not read your post when I posted this. 2 methods, essentially the same result

Here's some food for thought that I've been thinking about recently, and I've hardly seen anyone even acknowledge it. 

Disclaimer; This is pure speculation.

This speculation is based off of a few assumptions, namely the fact that in multiple clips the head shield hitboxes lights up independently of the rest of the body, this leads me to believe there is now a headshot multiplier on shielded players, at least for specific weapons. I know some here are skeptical of headshot multipliers on shields but if it's true then it has me pretty damn interested and has a whole ton of implications. One being a larger delta between the average time to kill and a perfect kill, reminiscent of CE.

In the second clip of the video made by @xSociety you can clearly see the aforementioned 'shield headshot' thing I was talking about (and no this isn't only because it's a bot it can be seen multiple times in the initial E3 multiplayer reveal with different guns, here it is a 0:17 with the needler). If you count the hit markers you will see that the first 3 shots all hit the head, the next burst misses entirely but then the next 2 bursts fully connect to the body, by now under normal circumstances he should be left with no shields requiring just the final 3 shots of the burst to the head to kill him, but that isn't the case here, instead with the final burst he pops the shield with the first 2 bullets and then finishes him with the final shot to the head.

This seems to give credence to the idea that headshots to shielded players do more damage or damage through shields. Considering the fact it took 11 shots to pop the shields and then 1 to the head instead of the usual 9 and then 3 to the head, I imagine that the damage model would have had to have been revamped in order to accomodate a shield headshot multiplier mechanic. I see no other reason how 11 shield shots and 1 headshot for a kill would make any sense at all or why the head shield hitbox should ever light up independently if not to indicate that it does differing damage. I also think that taking this into account the BR is potentially a 5shot kill if all shots only hit the body while shielded and a 3shot kill if every bullet hits the head. Going off of @Apoll0's calculations that would make the average kill time with the BR 2.0 seconds for a 5shot kill and 1.2 seconds for a perfect 3shot kill, this may also explain why we got the time of 1.6 seconds for a 4shot which seems incredibly slow for a presumed "perfect" kill.

As I stated before obviously this has a ton of potential implications, and I'd love to get into them, but since it is unconfirmed/speculation I'm probably gonna stop there before I get waaay too ahead of myself.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 3

The commando is that other automatic weapon right? 20 round clip, shoots at the guy crossing the bridge before the promethean vision dart is shot? I'm kind of mixed on that gun if so. I feel like it'll feel significantly better to shoot with that on a M/KB compared to a gun you have to click multiple times for so in a sense it wouldn't surprise me. At the same time, it would be really weird to have the primary weapon an automatic.

Mow I hear what you're saying, I'll have to think on it more to decide my thoughts. I'm wondering if the shield thing is just a modern day visual change, but you could definitely be right that it's to reward shooting certain parts of an opponent.

I dont think the commando is auto. It's just a spammy semi.