CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Idk why they continue to butcher Steitzer's voice. The pivot from the monotonous tone to this quasi-muted yell ("Flag Captured." vs. "FLAG CAPTURED!") is so bizarre to me.

I’m really glad someone brought this up. This is something that has bothered me a lot since Halo 4, not to mention the ugly 343 medals. 

I think Halo 3 and Reach got the announcer recordings down perfect and they should have just been left alone. Reach had the best-looking medals, in my opinion, with the way they looked all war torn. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Has anyone analyzed the footage enough to be able to determine if any of the precision weapons are projectile based or is it safe to assume they are hitscan?

King Nick believes it's projectile. Using the following video at 0:46 for reference, play at 0.25 speed. Bullets are definitely pretty quick, but it looks like the take a split second to reach their target.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Killmachine said:

im starting to wonder if sprint is just a way to use slide at this point rather than it being a speed increase, it doesnt seem like you move any faster with it anymore?

Shyway said that was basically the reason why when he did he's breakdown video for the E3 2020 trailer and it tracks. Still don't get why slide can just a button press at the height of your base movement, but whatever.

Slide as a form cushion from falling is better idea. Higher you fall from the longer distance you slide or something. You just crouch as you hit the ground.

Pretty sure all the guns look hitscan, I hope I'm wrong but at least the reticles are way smaller so hopefully the bullet mag is toned down. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

I’m really glad someone brought this up. This is something that has bothered me a lot since Halo 4, not to mention the ugly 343 medals. 

I think Halo 3 and Reach got the announcer recordings down perfect and they should have just been left alone. Reach had the best-looking medals, in my opinion, with the way they looked all war torn. 

I've just kind of accepted at this point that the person making Steitzer's announcer voice that way doesn't understand what made his voice so cool to begin with. It's like we get a few perfect lines in Halo 5 and H2A, but I just want deep voice enthusiasm from Halo 3/Reach... but maybe I'm just a nit picky asshole. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

you can hear that obnoxious pop from h5 when you headshot in this game 

I actually like that sound...

3 hours ago, Hootspa said:

Has anyone analyzed the footage enough to be able to determine if any of the precision weapons are projectile based or is it safe to assume they are hitscan?

55 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Pretty sure all the guns look hitscan, I hope I'm wrong but at least the reticles are way smaller so hopefully the bullet mag is toned down. 

Yeah i think they are all hitscan.  The tracers have the tiniest of delay but those really have nothing to do with the actual bullets unless they want them to.  There are a bunch of clips where the shields flare at the same exact time as the muzzle flash. 

Anybody notice that there are 2 shields up for a second at 1:12 here?  So items can definitely be stacked. Maybe not by the same player, but you can certainly have multiple of the same one on the field at a time.

EDIT: and it may seems silly to do things like bring in respawning warthogs and whatnot on a pelican instead of just spawning them in, but this is another one of those instances where functionally it doesn't change the gameplay much but it does let noobs know when things are spawning. Which especially for a casual mode like BTB, is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, TBCT said:

I've just kind of accepted at this point that the person making Steitzer's announcer voice that way doesn't understand what made his voice so cool to begin with. It's like we get a few perfect lines in Halo 5 and H2A, but I just want deep voice enthusiasm from Halo 3/Reach... but maybe I'm just a nit picky asshole. 

Nah you're not being nit picky. His voice lines are gay as fuck now compared to the old games. 343 are a just a bunch of lame nerds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3

24 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Halo Infinite Battle Rifle - SloMo - YouTube

SloMo of the new BR. 

Pulling out the inner Halo scientist in me. I can't believe I didn't notice until your video, there's a timer during the training segment so we can easily time a BR kill. First bullet connects when there's 25.38 seconds left on the timer, last bullet of a fourth burst connects at 23.83. Technically it takes five bursts to kill in the clip because one burst completely misses. I'm timing based off first seeing shield flare from getting hit to the hit marker appearance of the final bullet on the fourth burst, and I'm ignoring the fifth burst that actually kills.

25.38 - 23.83 = 1.55 second TTK with the BR assuming that was shooting at full speed.

• Like (+1) 8

I counted 96 frames for a full 4 BR busts so we're looking at a 1.6 second kill time on it.....

LOL silos I had not read your post when I posted this. 2 methods, essentially the same result

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Silos said:

Pulling out the inner Halo scientist in me. I can't believe I didn't notice until your video, there's a timer during the training segment so we can easily time a BR kill. First bullet connects when there's 25.38 seconds left on the timer, last bullet of a fourth burst connects at 23.83. Technically it takes five bursts to kill in the clip because one burst completely misses. I'm timing based off first seeing shield flare from getting hit to the hit marker appearance of the final bullet on the fourth burst, and I'm ignoring the fifth burst that actually kills.

25.38 - 23.83 = 1.55 second TTK with the BR assuming that was shooting at full speed.

what are you on about

it took 4 bursts to kill the guy, he missed one. How are you saying it's technically 5..

EDIT: Did you mean to phrase it in some other way?

5 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

what are you on about

it took 4 bursts to kill the guy, he missed one. How are you saying it's technically 5..

That's what I said although maybe I could have worded it better. In the clip it took five bursts to kill, but I only measured the first four bursts. I was clarifying that I didn't time from starting to fire to death because that would be five bursts. I only counted from starting to fire to the end of the fourth burst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thank god. Gives me ample time to grapple away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 6
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3

That was a still Halo 3 image that was at a resolution Halo 3 was never going to run at. It's still nowhere near as good looking as Infinite. Stay mad. 

1 minute ago, xSociety said:

That was a still Halo 3 image that was at a resolution Halo 3 was never going to run at. It's still nowhere near as good looking as Infinite. Stay mad. 

The point really went over your head. The artstyle of Halo 3's is miles ahead over infinite's flat texture subtle-fortnite look. It's improved from last year, but it seriously still looks laughable in some places.  

4 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

1st clip has essentially no vertical recoil, 2nd clip has a lot of it.

Presumably different builds, they're probably still in the process of tuning the weapons for release.

I counted for 2 clips and I got 95 frames for one and 96 for another.  Hopefully it gets faster.

3 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

The point really went over your head. The artstyle of Halo 3's is miles ahead over infinite's flat texture subtle-fortnite look. It's improved from last year, but it seriously still looks laughable in some places.  

Hard disagree. 

• Upvote (+1) 1