CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Stuck to my guns on not spending any money on H5, planning on doing the same for infinite. 

Also, I'm calling it now, 343 will not remove equipment from esport settings. 

• Like (+1) 6

I expected H4 Legendary settings with some icing and sprinkles. That’s what I’m getting, and for me, that’s enough. I’m legitimately excited to play this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

I expected H4 Legendary settings with some icing and sprinkles. That’s what I’m getting, and for me, that’s enough. I’m legitimately excited to play this.

Can't wait to use grapple to steal sniper from you

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

16 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

To say that there is zero classic feel and 343 never listens to any feedback is clearly wrong based on what we’ve seen and been told. Is it a “pure” classic Halo? Of course not and it never was going to be, but it’s honestly looking like a better mix than I was expecting. We’ll see how the game plays and what the arena settings are like and can judge the competitive merit then, but I expect it to be better than the constant hyperbole on this forum suggests. The biggest change we should be worried about is how quickly 343 can update the game and settings post-launch given how long it took for H5 to be refined.

Giving halo 4 a pass, we have already seen this with mcc and h5. They are not fast at updating and the devs do not care about making a great game, only to stat pad their resume.

How many months did it take for king or oddball to come out in h5? We still never got any btb maps. Radar was never removed from esports. 

Halo6 will be less popular than fall guys 6months into its cycle. 

The game has no classic feel. Its not hard to see. A chocolate cupcake will still have a vanilla cupcake feel in a way. But a vanilla cupcake with a turd on top will never feel like a cupcake. 

• Like (+1) 3

Can any Halo game with Sprint and Aim Down Sights have a “classic feel”?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

No.

• Like (+1) 7

The game releases in 6months but still no news on the promised beta. 

So literally no hope for change. Theyll be a 2 day beta in november and 343 will say everythings good! 

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

The game releases in 6months but still no news on the promised beta. 

So literally no hope for change. Theyll be a 2 day beta in november and 343 will say everythings good! 

The purpose of beta testing a new halo game has always only been for server stress testing. 

I still laugh to myself about 343 apologists like Goldenboy arguing "the h5 beta is happening one year before release, 343 will really listen to feedback!"

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Weapon balance will make or break this game like it did with Halo 5, and I don’t like what I saw in the demos. I don’t mean to keep raining pessimism but I’ve seen no reason to be optimistic either. So far the only improvement over Halo 5 has been no thrust/ground-pound/spartan charge, but with the addition of equipment this time.

16 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I expected a free 2 play game made by 343. What I got was the best looking Halo game 343 has made to date (in terms of gameplay not just graphics).

Yes, I know, that's not a particularly high bar to clear but then again my expectations were also not high either. 

The repulsor equipment looks pretty neat, I like how you can parry incoming projectiles/explosives with it but also use it to do a super/double jump, just this one piece of equipment alone has a ton of utility, imagine using it to parry a melee too

• Like (+1) 2

idk about you guys but im actually quite impressed with what i saw

graphically some maps look like forge maps and some look amazing, sprint being in is still... meh but im going to be honest, im starting to wonder if sprint is just a way to use slide at this point rather than it being a speed increase, it doesnt seem like you move any faster with it anymore?

everything i saw looked fun and im actually looking forward to playing it unironically. this might be the one boys

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Probably not, but then again who was expecting this game to have a "classic feel" in the first place, especially after we already saw last years E3 that it has sprint, slide, clamber etc. 

Maybe whoever those people were are fools.

343 calling their Arena maps/mechanics “tight”.

1520170633555?e=1629331200&v=beta&t=c4WY

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Just throwing it out there that Sea of Thieves getting Disney on board with Pirates of the Caribbean is still my E3 highlight. Halo hype slightly there but doesn’t too that

MRW I hear about Infinite’s player customization: 

Do you all think we’ll see every piece of equipment on every map or not? I counted three (repulse, grapple, and scanner) on the indoor arena map with the blue turbine. This leads me to believe all are in each map, which I don’t think I’ll care for. I hope they limit it like they did with H3.

• Like (+1) 1

As long as hit boxes aren't the size of Montana and you can strafe that hitbox quickly, there should be a decent skill Gap.   From what I have seen they have done that.  I am thinking this game will have a higher skill Gap then halo 5.  

2 minutes ago, DeathDieDeath said:

Do you all think we’ll see every piece of equipment on every map or not? I counted three (repulse, grapple, and scanner) on the indoor arena map with the blue turbine. This leads me to believe all are in each map, which I don’t think I’ll care for. I hope they limit it like they did with H3.

Considering camo and overshield are now classed as 'equipment' I highly doubt we will see all of them on the map at once.

How does gameplay benefit from players being able to activate pocket power-ups?  

• Thonking (+0) 1

19 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

Remember quake champions, the free to play arena fps that changed its formula to suit new fans.

I wonder how that's doing right now. 

Pure arena shooters are very small right now in general. Ironically, Quake Champions is actually doing better than Diabotical and any of the other dime a dollar reboots. In terms of population only UT4, which Epic abandoned, is doing better than QC. Speaking of UT4 what their community is doing is actually pretty impressive. Epic abandoned UT4 in Alpha but the community still has several thousand dollar tournaments every month just for UT4. A small but very active competitive community that doesn't give a fuck what Epic does. Halo comp fans could take a lesson but never will.

• Upvote (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

Epic abandoned UT4 in Alpha but the community still has several thousand dollar tournaments every month just for UT4. A small but very active competitive community that doesn't give a fuck what Epic does. Halo comp fans could take a lesson but never will.

I've pitched the idea a lot but no one wants to put in the effort.

The Razorback can carry hand weapons, equipment, objects, et c in its on-board storage area.  What are the ramifications of this new gameplay element?  

I hate and don't quite get the unnecessary shift of focus towards BTB for four straight games now, when BTB was never even lacking in the original trilogy anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The Razorback can carry hand weapons, equipment, objects, et c in its on-board storage area.  What are the ramifications of this new gameplay element?  

I honestly don't see that much of a benefit.