CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, PolyG said:

Mad props to Vetoed for editing out all the fluff, good man

Anyone know what the blue lightning is at 3:07?

12 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Y'all do realize there is a delay to activate the animation mid fight like in H5. Still such an odd change, but if it can be dropped it might be kinda neat

I'm still going to hate it because that person's probably to eat a bullet or rubber band during that delay anyway lol.

:(

Why is the BR reticle different in the vid today from the one yesterday? The new vid looks like the normal reticle and I hope it stays that way.

3 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

Its really sad how 343 is just SO close to removing sprint outright, given they removed so much other stuff from Halo 5, but just wont for some reason. I cant even imagine its because they want the player to move faster during campaign, given that they went and made the grapple hook infinite there. And surely swinging around like spider man as often as you want is going to be more fun than putting your gun down and hearing master chief wheeze his heart out.

Its like they know its a shit mechanic that is a pain to design around, but don't want to piss off the casual whales that are going to make them a shitton of money or something.

3 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

That whole repulsor equipment thingy, while seeming super fun for Campaign, kinda seems like its gonna be Armor Lock 2.0. Introducing that same frustration you got in Reach when you went to splatter a dude, only for him to pop armor lock at the last second, and kill you instead. I appreciate that you can see equipment on Spartans, but it seems way too small for other players to truly recognize in the heat of battle.

Depends on how it is implemented.  If it requires actual timing to use and can't be spammed I think it will be fine.  Plus its a map pickup, so its not like everybody can stick it in their loadout and spam it all game long.

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I honestly gotta know what’s the issue with the grapple. It doesn’t seem op or UP, and We’ve had jet pack in halo and that shot was op

The issue is it can turn anybody into a crackhead. It can fly you across the map and pull anything that isn't nailed down. so again, how good it is will greatly depend on how many uses it has and how often it spawns.

22 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

Just realized something. I don't recall anyone sliding in the trailer unless I missed it somewhere.

The very first clip from the montage trailer yesterday is someone sliding

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Why is the BR reticle different in the vid today from the one yesterday? The new vid looks like the normal reticle and I hope it stays that way.

Unychek confirmed on Twitter that the normal reticle is from a more recent build.

6 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Tashi or Unyshek or somebody said the reticule yesterday was a placeholder. I would expect the one from today to be closer to final.

EDIT: TI Inspire why :wutface:

• Simms (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

You know it will happen, they are giving me plenty of ammo to try and make one of these for the flight again.

Dare you to post that on r/halo.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

[X] Doubt

The general Halo community just hates competitive play, full stop. It was true in the glory days with millions and millions of people playing and it's true today with a tiny fraction of that. If Infinite takes off, it will still be true.

Think about it, do you know a literal SINGLE Halo content creator that covers both tournament play and loremaster shit?

People in general have this weird aversion, if not outright hatred, for advanced players of any game. I remember when it was the norm for speedrun videos to be full of comments that were just like "Wow, you used glitches so this isn't REAL skill!". 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Making power ups more like equipment isn't a bad idea I just dislike there's a animation for fuckin everything.

The animation is for balance so you can prevent someone from activating it last second 

43 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Y'all do realize there is a delay to activate the animation mid fight like in H5. Still such an odd change, but if it can be dropped it might be kinda neat

In the video the player totally wiffs a shotgun blast in close range after the opponent's animation starts to activate OS and he is still able to get the kill.  HOPEFULLY if they set the timing right you can kill the player as long as you don't miss more than maybe one shot.  If you miss more than that... is it the OS's fault you died, or yours?

• Like (+1) 1

I did notice that the BR is pretty standard complaining material. You'll shoot a BR in this game how we've been shooting them for years for sure.
They clearly do just shoot bullets into the target dummies back and it counts as a headshot.

Sorta surprised nobody has mentioned how half of the UI is still missing. Yesterday I thought it was maybe a decision to show off visuals for their trailer but in this one it looks more like a simple work in progress. They maybe just didn't/don't have a full UI depending on when the footage was recorded 

6 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

An OS that could be activated at anytime should be restricted so that it could only activate at full shields.

I agree 90% of this. I think maybe half shields or more is acceptable because at that point if you start the animation you’ll be dead

30 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

The issue is it can turn anybody into a crackhead.

Apex bastion lol

18 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Imagine criticizing H4/5 for low population count and then shitting on H3. 

Old ass game doesn’t matter if it’s on pc now still an old game with crap hit reg compared to modern games. The only thing on McC that looks like a modern game is reach and 4, but those suck. Every gun is straight trash in reach, h4 feels like a shitty cod with a long TTK. 

50 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Anyone know what the blue lightning is at 3:07?

Looks like a shock grenade.  if you go frame by frame you can see it bounce in the last few frames

4 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I did notice that the BR is pretty standard complaining material. They clearly do just shoot bullets into the target dummies back and it counts as a headshot. Sorta surprised nobody has mentioned how half of the UI is still missing. Yesterday I thought it was maybe a decision to show off visuals for their trailer but in this one it looks more like a simple work in progress. They maybe just didn't/don't have a full UI depending on when the footage was recorded 

I think they just turned it off.  If you look at the dev monitors in the clip where they are panning through one of the offices, you can see a more complete HUD.  Not clear enough to really tell whats what but you can see the radar in the bottom left pretty clearly and some other stuff around the borders.

2 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Looks like a shock grenade.  if you go frame by frame you can see it bounce in the last few frames

I think they just turned it off.  If you look at the dev monitors in the clip where they are panning through one of the offices, you can see a more complete HUD.  Not clear enough to really tell whats what but you can see the radar in the bottom left pretty clearly and some other stuff around the borders.

Yeah maybe I also get a feeling they're going to allow people to customize the ui.

As a side note I'm actually so disappointed by the sound of the sniper rifle. It doesn't sound like a snipe in Halo at all

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah maybe I also get a feeling they're going to allow people to customize the ui.

As a side note I'm actually so disappointed by the sound of the sniper rifle. It doesn't sound like a snipe in Halo at all

Sniper frankly hasn't looked or sounded good since H3. I don't get why or how they keep screwing it up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully now that they're trying to finally get the visuals back in line they can start on the sound next lol

14 minutes ago, Landonio said:

Sniper frankly hasn't looked or sounded good since H3. I don't get why or how they keep screwing it up.

Reach had the best looking snipe

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

56 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

Dare you to post that on r/halo.

Actually I did.

Six years ago.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

Actually I did.

Six years ago.

Time for a throwback when the honeymoon phase of Infinite is over.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

From 343's news post:

We know the expectations and stakes are high and we may not get everything exactly to everyone’s liking on day one, but as a live service we’re committed to partnering with players to evolve the game together.

To anyone who thinks you're getting Forge AND Theater on launch, I have a cornfield in Ohio to sell you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DoxGhost said:

Time for a throwback when the honeymoon phase of Infinite is over.

Maybe if I make one for the first Infinite Flight.

• Like (+1) 1