CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

My thoughts from the multiplayer trailer:

So, looking back at the 2:16 timestamp I'm already getting bad vibes by seeing a dude running away from a fight while the dude talking during that segment talks "being fair and earning every kill". I'll have to trust the reassuring comments about the delta between sprint and running, but I'm not ready to drink the Kool-Aid just yet. 

Grappling power weapons is a thing... kinda leaning towards that being removed by launch. Removes the risk and tension getting power weapons in the first place.

Shield repulse thing being used for clearing a jump at 3:30 is pretty cool.

Christ, why are there still animations for activating a power up? You can store them for later use? Oh god fuck.

The Razorback looks.... interesting? Would be cool to see if you can use a detached turret while in the back a la Jorge. Seems to be slower than the Hog? Not sure if the testers were just driving at that speed intentionally or not.

I am not really digging the new vehicle and weapon pods/drops. I get that they made the changes for #immersion, but if 343 wants to go down that route, then I would rather the Pelican be flyable and deploy for their team themselves. Maybe take a page from the old Battlefield games (mainly 2142) and have a commander like system to help resupply. Perhaps this is all being saved for a bigger game mode?

Red vs Blue not being a thing anymore in favor of the outline system... I don't really care for.

>sprinting with the flag

I'm hoping smart scope doesn't buff weapon spread. I know during H5's development cycle 343 said it wouldn't which got proven wrong during the beta, but I seriously hope it doesn't get added. If it does, it better be minimal.

Infinite looks a good casual game to play with buds at best. What I hope to see at launch are playlists that have no sprint, no clamber options and more classic Halo. I miiiight get it at launch, but I need to see actual footage than a collage with commentary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Maps looked kind of underwhelming so far aside from that BTB Valhalla spinoff.

2 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

So, looking back at the 2:16 timestamp I'm already getting bad vibes by seeing a dude running away

The dude got killed before he could succeed. Unless the fact he could move a few feet is the problem, which even in classic halo you could’ve technically did something similar 

7 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Mad props to Vetoed for editing out all the fluff, good man

Unless i'm crazy, it looks like the BR has a different crosshair at 0:22 as compared to 0:45 (unless those are different guns)?

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DyZ said:

Unless i'm crazy, it looks like the BR has a different crosshair at 0:22 as compared to 0:45 (unless those are different guns)?

The one from yesterday was an older build, had recoil. The new one has the proper reticle and no noticeable recoil. 

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like the AR gets a spread reduction when zooming. God help me.

• WutFace (+0) 8

I just don't understand the scoring points all over the screen again, man. 343 just can't let this type of shit go.

Also, they still can't get the Grav Hammer sound right. Maybe I wasn't hearing it properly, but sounded weak. What happened to the godly H3 and Reach sound?

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Mr Grim said:

That was the case in h5

Just now, Reamis25 said:

That was the case in h5

Yup. Hated it there too.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

It can headshot too, look at the red hitmarker it gets before the kill. 

Just now, TBCT said:

I just don't understand the point all over the screen again, man. 343 just can't let this type of shit go.

Also, they still can't get the Grav Hammer sound right. Maybe I wasn't hearing it properly, but sounded weak. What happened to the godly H3 and Reach sound?

Grav Ham needs actual gravity to push enemies back too like in Halo 3.

• Like (+1) 3

Probably a warmer take but if the lack of team colors weakens teamshot in any capacity, I will like it on those grounds alone

2 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Probably a warmer take but if the lack of team colors weakens teamshot in any capacity, I will like it on those grounds alone

You hate being team shotted like me 

The Academy was something that I wish Halo had for the longest time. If they find a way to actually nurture a growth towards ranked play by teaching people about how to play Halo... That would be huge for the comp community. 

That's if they do it right. Fingers crossed. 

Also this game sucks... I can't sprint thrust-slide ground pound across the map anymore. Only grapple. Immersion ruined. :P

• Like (+1) 7
  • Toxic (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Twis7ed said:

I mean clamber, sprint, slide, and ADS are still in the game from Halo 5. They removed thruster and ground pounding. They added equipment. Dont really see how it's any different than Halo 5 and it factually is just 2 less abilities with more abilities than that added through equipment. Its Halo 5.5.

Yeah but don't underestimate how much thruster impacted the moment-to-moment gameplay. It looks like gun fights will finally see quicker conclusions since players can't thrust away behind a corner then sprint-slide-thrust behind 5 other corners to safety. Thrust being gone is a huge net positive for gunplay and map design.

11 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

Grav Ham needs actual gravity to push enemies back too like in Halo 3.

It's like they sucked the only fun aspect out of the weapon. Not a fan.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Devaneaux said:

The Academy was something that I wish Halo had for the longest time. If they find a way to actually nurture a growth towards ranked play by teaching people about how to play Halo... That would be huge for the comp community.

[X] Doubt

The general Halo community just hates competitive play, full stop. It was true in the glory days with millions and millions of people playing and it's true today with a tiny fraction of that. If Infinite takes off, it will still be true.

Think about it, do you know a literal SINGLE Halo content creator that covers both tournament play and loremaster shit?

• Like (+1) 8

16 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You hate being team shotted like me 

Then why do you like Halo 3?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Wonder if modding will ever be a thing for Infinite? 

One can only hope, I’d like it if they did something like mcc where they have a version with no anti cheat but can’t access multiplayer outside of customs