Halo Infinite Discussion

21 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Ok so weapon sandbox loooksgood 

TTK doesn’t look super long, but too long for aphex no loss there

strafing looks fast

aiming is hard to say the players sucked

maps hard to say looked alright 

colors solid 

Game is good if you’re not tripping about sprint oh I said that in on the Wrong forum 

@ripharambebetter fall back before you get killed again harambe

Oooo le epic clap back.

7 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

The standard by which these games supposedly suck is pretty much always in comparison to CE.

As it should be

8 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

The standard by which these games supposedly suck is pretty much always in comparison to CE.

Sure. But let's not pretend here, everything 343 did was just move away from the classic formula. I am not going to list everything they did, changed, left behind, introduced. Let's just pick one more recent thing, like making FPS game where you can't aim.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

Its really sad how 343 is just SO close to removing sprint outright, given they removed so much other stuff from Halo 5, but just wont for some reason. I cant even imagine its because they want the player to move faster during campaign, given that they went and made the grapple hook infinite there. And surely swinging around like spider man as often as you want is going to be more fun than putting your gun down and hearing master chief wheeze his heart out.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Joined 2014.... makes sense.

The irony of your attempted burn is it's really not hard to expect a billion dollar franchise, handled by a studio created by Microsoft SPECIFICALLY to handle Halo, to be able to deliver a Halo game that learns from the mistakes of their catastrophic failure 9 years ago and actually plays like Halo. So, yeah, you'd probably still get people whining. 

"We hired people that hated Halo" - Frank O'Connor

Not hard to see how we've ended up where we are now. 

I'm not disagreeing with your take, but Halo 4 and 5 still sold very well, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters (to them). No offense to any of us (lol), but I don't think 343 cares about the likes/dislikes of a bunch of hardcore, mostly-competitive players, on these forums. I don't think 343 views Halo 4 or 5 as having many (if any) mistakes, and the general population of casual players probably aligns with that sentiment as well. 

7 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Sure. But let's not pretend here, everything 343 did was just move away from the classic formula. I am not going to list everything they did, changed, left behind, introduced. Let's just pick one more recent thing, like making FPS game where you can't aim.

I can agreee

It's impossible to say if this game will be any good competitively until we get the numbers on aim assist, TTKs, spawn systems, timers etc, but so far it doesn't look like complete trash. Looks like movement abilities are scaled way back and most stuff is map pickups, which can be turned off. Sprint looks fairly nerfed but hard to say. 

I'm worried with the OS pickup, that people will just camp for 45 seconds then activate the OS and use it to fight for the next powerup spawn. This already effectively happens with rockets on Chill Out in CE which can really slow the game down sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

It's impossible to say if this game will be any good competitively until we get the numbers on aim assist, TTKs, spawn systems, timers etc, but so far it doesn't look like complete trash. Looks like movement abilities are scaled way back and most stuff is map pickups, which can be turned off. Sprint looks fairly nerfed but hard to say. 

I'm worried with the OS pickup, that people will just camp for 45 seconds then activate the OS and use it to fight for the next powerup spawn. This already effectively happens with rockets on Chill Out in CE which can really slow the game down sometimes. 

I feel like an easy fix for the potential power up issue is they just give us the option to spawn orbs that you just touch like in classic. Then when/if people tell 343 that their new idea isnt working out, they can change the maps in matchmaking to have the classic power up system instead. Because I think we all know that Infinite is probably going to be at its worst at launch, when its all 343 settings without an ounce of input from the community. 

• Like (+1) 1

For what it's worth, I graduated with one of the lead MP designers and his track record prior to joining 343 is pretty solid. Worked on some of the most prominent Rainbow Six Siege characters and then most recently all of Lawbreakers gameplay - which I enjoyed the game but it was very short lived. (He's new to the Halo franchise)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DyZ said:

For what it's worth, I graduated with one of the lead MP designers and his track record prior to joining 343 is pretty solid. Worked on some of the most prominent Rainbow Six Siege characters and then most recently all of Lawbreakers gameplay - which I enjoyed the game but it was very short lived. (He's new to the Halo franchise)

Ok sounds neat

That whole repulsor equipment thingy, while seeming super fun for Campaign, kinda seems like its gonna be Armor Lock 2.0. Introducing that same frustration you got in Reach when you went to splatter a dude, only for him to pop armor lock at the last second, and kill you instead. I appreciate that you can see equipment on Spartans, but it seems way too small for other players to truly recognize in the heat of battle.

16 minutes ago, DyZ said:

The talent is not the problem here. It's the vision of 343 they share with most of the industry today. What once was very unique game is now just another AAA game with high production value(or is is?) that is build up straight with masses in mind and will fade in shade of mediocrity.

You may guys judge as all you want for praising the CE, but without 343 living out of its legacy, they would be nothing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

That whole repulsor equipment thingy, while seeming super fun for Campaign, kinda seems like its gonna be Armor Lock 2.0.

Yeah that looks terrible. 343 is really leaning into the "players must feel durable" pillar from their combat doctrine with repulsor, shield wall, sprint, etc... 

Still waiting to see a demonstration of the "players must feel effective off spawn without teammate assist" pillar from the combat doctrine. 

I'm less interested in 343 making a CE clone (mostly because I have no faith that 343 is capable of executing it), and more interested in playing a halo game where my starting gun is strong enough to kill an opponent before they sprint away to safety. It'd be great to no longer feel powerless in Halo, and the combat doctrine gave me a flicker of hope that's now smoldering. 

14 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Yeah that looks terrible. 343 is really leaning into the "players must feel durable" pillar from their combat doctrine with repulsor, shield wall, sprint, etc... 

Still waiting to see a demonstration of the "players must feel effective off spawn without teammate assist" pillar from the combat doctrine. 

I'm less interested in 343 making a CE clone (mostly because I have no faith that 343 is capable of executing it), and more interested in playing a halo game where my starting gun is strong enough to kill an opponent before they sprint away to safety. It'd be great to no longer feel powerless in Halo, and the combat doctrine gave me a flicker of hope that's now smoldering. 

Maybe because it’s little gameplay moments, but there were many moments where the opponent was sprinting away and they got killed quick enough(hard to tell if they had help) before they could get away. I’m in agreement on this, I don’t like my opponent being able to sprint away it’s the main reason I despise sprint in halo.

Looks more interesting than I would have expected. I don’t think it’s gonna blow our minds, but I have hopes it plays more like a modified H2/H3 with these new mechanical abilities.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Yeah but yo did u c that straphe???

Does it look...

...crispy?

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

@Aphex Twin now I’m not sure about the BR but whatever is the utility, commando or pistol there TTK looked very quick even CE pistol quick or close to that 

I think it's funny we still don't have a release date. It was supposed to release LAST YEAR. Some people here and the internet thought that the game was going to release in Q1 2021. We get to E3, everybody is watching, first (possible) positive view on Halo since the disaster that occurred a year ago, and all we get is "Holiday 2021" meanwhile games that are launching in 2022 already have a set release date. 

If we don't have a release date yet it's clearly not going to launch in full. Forge and maybe more will not be in the game on release. It's honestly just sad.

Anyways I liked what I saw compared to what we've seen for the last 10 years of Halo. I already knew sprint was in, but it wasn't really shown too much. I am glad it's f2p so if it sucks I can toss it aside. 

What other equipment is there? Grapple, repulse, what else? 

8 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

@Aphex Twin now I’m not sure about the BR but whatever is the utility, commando or pistol there TTK looked very quick even CE pistol quick or close to that 

The H4 BR 'looked' spreadless in its first multiplayer trailer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

Orissa's shield wall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Just now, Mr Grim said:

Theres a thing that deploys a scanner to see people through walls, I think. Way back in the original reveal, Im pretty sure we saw somebody chucking an EMP like from Halo 3.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JordanB said:

we don't have a release date yet it's clearly not going to launch in full. Forge and maybe more will not be in the game on release. It's honestly just sad.

I want to express my doubt but 343s track record of not releasing shit at launch is still there. It could mean they don’t want to give one yet just incase they need to do a last minute polish