CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Looks alrighttttt for a casual game. MCC is dead in any meaningful capacity so really if you're wanting something resembling a Halo fix that isn't bending over backwards this will be it. Being f2p it's basically it's going to live and die on the quality of the experience alone so yeh... No more excuses.

I'll be playing it as a casual side game at least and remain open minded to see if they can produce anything competitive worth exploring.

Gotta say I'm not liking any of the FX 'talent', again. Probably the same team from Halo 5. Shields look bad, explosions look bad, gun sounds are definitely not amazing, same old story as 5.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Hully said:

Why? Not wanting to play a Halo game because it has mechanics you don't enjoy is a perfectly valid reason to not play a game. 

Oh, it's a perfectly valid reason to not play the game, I agree. 

But bitching about the inclusion of the same mechanics for 5+ years, that have become staples of the franchise, is what i'm referring to. 

If you don't like features a game has to offer, don't play it - I think we agree there. However, we don't need to hear the same reasons as to why you don't like the game year-after-year (not you specifically, just in general). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not set on self activating power ups. Sure if they try using the OS when they’re 1 shot they’ll die due to the animation but if they just pop it once I start firing I’m shit out of luck

strafing looks fast as shit though 

Looks like a fun social game, not disappointing immediately will have to see how the release actually pans out. Hopefully MCC doesn't completely die out but we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Gotta say I'm not liking any of the FX 'talent', again. Probably the same team from Halo 5. Shields look bad, explosions look bad, gun sounds are definitely not amazing, same old story as 5.

lol i have the exact opposite impression.  I thought everything looked and sounded markedly better than H5.  We'll have to see what the whole sound mix is though for MP once we can see it without music and people talking over it.  Can't tell if you can still hear a crouching player from 20 meters away.

• Like (+1) 1

I was expecting more from the brief teaser vids yesterday & today.

What's the starting weapon? What will esport settings be? What are the pistol's & BR's TTKs? What types of custom game options can we expect? 

It looks promising to me. I just wish we got to see a 4v4 match with pros playing to at least get a sense on what the meta would be like regarding movement, shooting, and literally everything else lol.

Seems like every clip they showed was some unrealistic play that most people would get punished for going for. You could tell the theme they had was to HYPE the fk outta multiplayer by showing off crazy situations only.

• Like (+1) 8

28 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

343 is still insistent on a 5sk BR lol. 

Where do you see this? In the footage I saw of the BR shooting, they were missing shots left and right.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

I was expecting more from the brief teaser vids yesterday & today.

What's the starting weapon? What will esport settings be? What are the pistol's & BR's TTKs? What types of custom game options can we expect? 

You have expectations set way too high for information reveal at e3

• Like (+1) 3

Eagerly awaiting a video with the commentary removed, because wow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

To be more optimistic, this game looks a lot better than Halo 4/5, kinda like a mix of H3 and Reach. Which isn’t ideal, obviously, but it’s still a step in the right direction and something I’ll be playing.

• Like (+1) 6

Hey look a shot that would've landed in H5

eWgJqgj.png

Sidekick still looks generic as fuck

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Hey look a shot that would've landed in H5

eWgJqgj.png

Sidekick still looks generic as fuck

No you just don't get it bro, uhhh it has lights?!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Bro I swear, every new Halo game after reach 343 says: "We've gone back to Halo's roots" 

:sleeping:

Ikr tf did they play h3 at all