CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

So according to the blog the new BTB is just 12v12(sad face) and ordinance drops are just weapons or vehicles that’ll randomly be dropped. Like reach firefight 

18 minutes ago, Sitri said:

343 budged on the flagnum. Only a few more games before they drop sprint.

Kek

Can’t wait to grapple no scope. Huge poggers

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

on another note, did anyone see if there were grenades' hitmarkers?

I believe there was only three grenades thrown, and for all three they cutaway from the player perspective before they blew up. The frag grenade in the 4v4 map after the promethean vision thing, the plasma nade that stuck the guy on the grappling hook, and the plasma nade to launch the energy sword.

3 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

on another note, did anyone see if there were grenades' hitmarkers?

I believe they have said explicitly those would be gone, but suspiciously enough the montage cuts away whenever there is a chance that you could actually tell.

Here is what i'm choosing to hang my hat on.  There appears to be NO extra spawn abilities. You spawn, run, shoot, jump, grenade and that's it. I didn't see thrust or ground pound or stabilize or clamber.  I'm sure at least a couple of those are in there, but i didn't see it so hopefully not.

- Fuck sprint.
- Super fuck sprinting with the flag.
- Absolutely no reason to change red vs. blue.
- 343 has somehow managed to ruin the announcer for me, not every medal needs him.
- Shotgun and the other COD looking gun look dumb.
- The gun that gets a ricochet kill is going to be hell if (when) people spam it in a close quarters hallway or something.
- Grapple hook would be cool if there was no sprint.
- Didn't see enough of the pickups, what I did see was underwhelming.
- The parry thing was cool though, as long as it's a pickup.
- Finally a human banshee type vehicle.
- RIP Flagnum, except not in peace because it sucked.
- AI announcer (not medal announcer guy) is a cool concept, but I hope that's not the only voice.
- Already gave up on arena/competitive, zero hope it will be any good.
- Hopefully BTB isn't ruined by movement abilities like past games, only thing that looks like it might be fun.

See you in 5 years to be disappointed again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 5

8 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

- Fuck sprint.
- Super fuck sprinting with the flag.
- 343 has somehow managed to ruin the announcer for me, not every medal needs him.
- Shotgun and the other COD looking gun look dumb.
- The gun that gets a ricochet kill is going to be hell if (when) people spam it in a close quarters hallway or something.
- Grapple hook would be cool if there was no sprint.
- Didn't see enough of the pickups, what I did see was underwhelming.
- Finally a human banshee type vehicle.
- RIP Flagnum, except not in peace because it sucked.
- AI announcer (not medal announcer guy) is a cool concept, but I hope that's not the only voice.
- Already gave up on arena/competitive, zero hope it will be any good.
- Hopefully BTB isn't ruined by movement abilities like past games, only thing that looks like it might be fun.

See you in 5 years to be disappointed again.

The salt is real

8 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

You don't see why people would want to be their own customized spartans including their favorite colors?

Also I'm surprised you're cool with the parry. Considering the general consensus around here is hating things that keep you alive or things that are "defensive" in nature. To me, that and the drop shield were most concerning. The first time somebody deflects a rocket or nade in a 49-49 game and gets a lucky kill I'm going to rage.

2 minutes ago, Silos said:

You don't see why people would want to be their own customized spartans including their favorite colors?

Also I'm surprised you're cool with the parry. Considering the general consensus around here is hating things that keep you alive or things that are "defensive" in nature. To me, that and the drop shield were most concerning. The first time somebody deflects a rocket or nade in a 49-49 game and gets a lucky kill I'm going to rage.

They already can do that, you still get your secondary color. You are still that color in non team games, it should still show your main armor color on your service record if that's even a thing anymore. So no, I don't see a reason, ESPECIALLY when I know it's going to because they are selling armor colors, or you're getting exclusive ones depending on where you buy the game or whatever. They didn't do it to give you more customization, they did it to get more money.

And as long as the parry has a tight window and is a pickup that can only be used at most 2-3 times before running out. If it's really easy to do, and you have it till someone kills you then it's going to be awful.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope Infinite can sustain a +100k peak concurrent player count for an extended period of time given that it's F2P. Halo ought to get popular again.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Silos said:

I mean it's an FPS lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I mean it's an FPS lol

I don't disagree, but people have been clamoring for a ton of customization. To grant the ability to change shoulder pads, helmets, visors, etc. and dye them a variety of colors, and then force you to be all red or all blue for a majority of the game modes I feel takes away from that.

I make my character look as similar to the Halo 1 model as I can in basically every game. I just want a generic looking character and then I paint them red and blue. This change isn't being made for my demographic, but you can't deny that a ton of the casual audience cares about this and it really doesn't effect us that much.

• Like (+1) 4

I don't really know how to feel about that. I wish I could just watch a few multiplayer matches unedited to form an opinion. The upside is that visually it looks much more like a Halo game than anything 343 has done before. Obviously I knew sprint was going to be there but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't suck to see it. I didn't see clamber or ground pound or thrust. It would be a pretty big positive in my eyes if that kind of shit is gone. I guess this is just another Halo trailer where I need to wait to see more gameplay before I can form an actual opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Silos said:

I don't disagree, but people have been clamoring for a ton of customization. To grant the ability to change shoulder pads, helmets, visors, etc. and dye them a variety of colors, and then force you to be all red or all blue for a majority of the game modes I feel takes away from that.

I make my character look as similar to the Halo 1 model as I can in basically every game. I just want a generic looking character and then I paint them red and blue. This change isn't being made for my demographic, but you can't deny that a ton of the casual audience cares about this and it really doesn't effect us that much.

Halo is a team game so there are only two options here. Either make the teams the same color or add some kind of big, honkin' UI element to differentiate teammates, whether it be an identifying waypoint, some kind of glowing player silhouette, etc. The former was very simple and sleek.

Or they can give us the option to turn teammate colors on/off. Which they won't do.

• Like (+1) 2

I saw a Spartan backflip from a sniper shot and the announcer called it a noscope instead of a snapshot.

I'm happy. Looks fun so far.

• Like (+1) 2

What up Halo scrubs! Been a long time!!! Thought Id poke my head in here to see how the reactions were to the mp trailer...

@Cursed Lemon glad to see you're still around dude! Miss those old shadowrun days! 

In the words of Al Pacino in Heat, "Well, I am...over fucking whelmed."

Also, I have a hunch they're trying to get some pull from the popularity of Fortnite, no doubt they wanna see id that concept will work in Halo as a business model.

This hidden announcement:

Under the mentorship of Spartan Commander Laurette, the Academy offers players the opportunity to hone their skills and get better acclimated with the armaments and environments of Halo Infinite. Recruits will be able to dial-in their marksmanship skills at the target range or jump right into customizable training skirmishes and square off against AI-controlled bots. Training Mode lets you configure specific loadouts, deploy opponent bots of various skill levels, and practice on your own terms. Bots can also be configured in Custom Games to tailor the experience and even in fill-in roster spots for MIA fireteam members.

Source.

Some more note:

- Bots, 24 player BTB and ranked on launch.
- That tryhard sassy-mum voice is a cosmetic upgrade to change the announcer in your game. It's not standard.
- Insider tests coming soon.

• Like (+1) 6

Bots mean I can turn sprint off and play by myself. F you guys I'm too cool for you.

Also I've had just about enough of British announcers in shooters. I feel like they're in everything now. Am I crazy?

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Antidope said:

Wow.... That was HORRIBLE. Yall have fun man.

Will do, cheers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

7 hours ago, TonyDHFC said:

We've had years of disappointment with Halo games, some people have said from 4, some might say Reach, but this looked nothing but quite disappointing, especially from a fanbase thats been pretty loyal throughout. Crossplay and free to play wont help this I feel. Bored from start to finish of the reveal.

I agree with the disappointment part - Halo 4 was truly awful (from a MP POV), but I didn't mind reach when they added the playlist that removed Bloom. Halo 5 to me felt like the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare option in the series. Like it was so different that it's hard to gauge it in comparison to the other entries. It was better than H4 though. 

At the end of the day though, 343/Microsoft are making Halo titles that appeal to the masses, and then they custom tailor playlist/settings for the "competitive" crowd after-the-fact. They're never going to completely remove features like Sprint or equipment options from this game. It still blows my mind that people even complain about Sprint to be honest. 

Crossplay and free-to-play is HUGE for the game. I'm not even sure how anyone can take anything negative away from that. It opens up the player-base, and allows people who couldn't care less about campaign (i.e: most of you) to get in on the action. There is literally no downside to either of those lol. 

I think some of you have been holding out hope for so long that 343 and Microsoft would return Halo to the 2/3 glory days. Most of us have since moved on from that feeling, because we knew it would never happen (games HAVE to evolve). Halo nowadays is made to account for new generations of players in mind now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DyZ said:

I think some of you have been holding out hope for so long that 343 and Microsoft would return Halo to the 2/3 glory days.

Imagine holding onto this despite 14 years of it never happening, no evidence of it going to happen and not even a rumour it's going to happen. I've been in denial before but that is a whole new level. You'd have to almost want to be disappointed and angry to be that deep.

Meanwhile I'm thinking about bots in forge or setting up 4v16 vs bots CTF challenge.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 3