CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Why people would play CE-

-It's fun

That’s why more play h3 :D

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Valhalla

Not a good comparison very hard to avoid vehicles. Compared to the others you just listed. Especially a skilled banshee. 
Also it’s 343 that sniper will be easy. They don’t have the guts to remove aim assist rotation from it. 

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Not a good comparison very hard to avoid vehicles. Compared to the others you just listed. Especially a skilled banshee. 
Also it’s 343 that sniper will be easy. They don’t have the guts to remove aim assist rotation from it. 

Hmmm yeah forgot about Banshee. Overall I find it easy to avoid vehicles on the map, the rockpod and laser are enough to deter banshees but you're right, it's not a great example for the point I was making.

39 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Hmmm yeah forgot about Banshee. Overall I find it easy to avoid vehicles on the map, the rockpod and laser are enough to deter banshees but you're right, it's not a great example for the point I was making.

I would say I have no issue either but unlike those maps you can’t avoid vehicles completely. Rats nest you can avoid the ghost and hog 100% basically.

tbh I don’t think that’s good for BTB. BTB should be open like Val and sandtrap. Vehicles vs infantry needs to be a thing however there’s needs to be plenty of anti vehicle weapons to balance it out. 

side note pulling a Reddit move here. 
campaigns main villain should be the flood. Looking at the lore and a recent leak of their return it makes sense. The flood is virtually unstoppable. The only way they cam be stopped for good is basically destroying “every single” cell that’s in the fucking galaxy. The flood can recreate a grave mine with very little biomass. Look at grave mind from h2/3. That grave mind was there for thousands of years and the biomass couldn’t have been that large. Now I know in lore the monitor of installation 04 had detected a disturbance of a teleported being activated. This wasn’t even that long ago after the halo ring firing and none of the species which got killed and recloned had technology that was space travel capable. So basically a species outside the known galaxy which was intelligent had discovered the ring and foolishly unleashed the flood. In the halo universe we know of what 8 species? 
humans, four runners, grunts, prophets, elites, brutes, jackels and pre cursors(aka the gods of the known galaxy and creators of the flood) , hunters and those flying bug guys. it’s not surprising there may be other intelligent species in the Universe.

The flood is such a big threat. The banished barely defeated the flood when the flood had a proto gravemind in HW2, to a point it set back the banished significantly. Take into account that wasn’t even all of the flood in high charity. Infinite also has that dark gloomy music going about it and for whatever mission that’ll be to not have the flood would be foolish. 
now if the didact from halo 4 was still alive I’d say no to this only because he had a significant reason for humanity’s destruction and that was the mantle of responsibility. It’s a war that makes sense. Men will fight to the death to rule or fight to ensure their chosen is ruler. 

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

That’s why more play h3 :D

Fun is subjective. Me? I play halo 3 at bedtime so I can get a good night's sleep.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I campaigns main villain should be the flood. Looking at the lore and a recent leak of their return it makes sense. The flood is virtually unstoppable. The only way they cam be stopped for good is basically destroying “every single” cell that’s in the fucking galaxy. The flood can recreate a grave mine with very little biomass. Look at grave mind from h2/3. That grave mind was there for thousands of years and the biomass couldn’t have been that large. Now I know in lore the monitor of installation 04 had detected a disturbance of a teleported being activated. This wasn’t even that long ago after the halo ring firing and none of the species which got killed and recloned had technology that was space travel capable. So basically a species outside the known galaxy which was intelligent had discovered the ring and foolishly unleashed the flood. In the halo universe we know of what 8 species? 
humans, four runners, grunts, prophets, elites, brutes, jackels and pre cursors(aka the gods of the known galaxy and creators of the flood) , hunters and those flying bug guys. it’s not surprising there may be other intelligent species in the Universe.

The flood is such a big threat. The banished barely defeated the flood when the flood had a proto gravemind in HW2, to a point it set back the banished significantly. Take into account that wasn’t even all of the flood in high charity. Infinite also has that dark gloomy music going about it and for whatever mission that’ll be to not have the flood would be foolish. 
now if the didact from halo 4 was still alive I’d say no to this only because he had a significant reason for humanity’s destruction and that was the mantle of responsibility. It’s a war that makes sense. Men will fight to the death to rule or fight to ensure their chosen is ruler. 

The flood as villains have zero depth. They don't undergo any development, they don't provide any commentary on anything, you basically get nothing from them. They're just stereotypical space zombies which admittedly look disturbing as hell. That's it. They're scary and strong. That's the flood. 

I think that the flood should be in the backdrop, but as the main villain? Absolutely not. Halo stories up to this point have been good guy vs bad guy. Unlike the flood, the banished are more morally grey. I like that.

38 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

The flood as villains have zero depth. They don't undergo any development, they don't provide any commentary on anything, you basically get nothing from them. They're just stereotypical space zombies which admittedly look disturbing as hell. That's it. They're scary and strong. That's the flood. 

I would agree with you if they were like zombies which are unintelligent. The flood in halo ce tricked the marines into coming in. The more biomass and intelligent biomass I’ll add the obtain the stronger they become. The flood are if zombies had a plan and everything. The banished goals are to bring humanity to extinction or to enslave us. The floods goal is to consume every single man, woman and child of every intelligent species and it’s not pretty. The flood is just that dangerous. They brought the covenant to its knees in a month(high charity) think about that for a second. Humanity had no resources nor a big enough military where they could’ve defeated high charity. Now to be fair yes atm a civil war was going on, and the flood took advantage of all the dead around to increase their numbers, which is what truly makes them frightening. They’re able to form strategies and use technology. 
In war certain officials like lieutenants, generals are captured and tortured for information. But the flood consume/eat you and they have it all in an instant or near instant. Only exception is captain Keys but his resistance was futile.

1 hour ago, hvs500 said:

Fun is subjective. Me? I play halo 3 at bedtime so I can get a good night's sleep.

Funny I play Halo 1 when I want to do my maths homework.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Ogre 2 so he’s the exception. And in reach> he wasn’t even close to the best. Heck’s barely so in h3 as he was getting carried by ola most of the time. 

Nobody has ever been carried to winning a LAN event much less a Championship tournament. Ogre 2 was one of only four players to call themselves Halo Reach MLG Champions. There are plenty of godlike Halo 1 players who did amazing in Halo 3 - Tsquared, Ogres, Walshy, and Legend to name a few.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I would agree with you if they were like zombies which are unintelligent. The flood in halo ce tricked the marines into coming in. The more biomass and intelligent biomass I’ll add the obtain the stronger they become. The flood are if zombies had a plan and everything. The banished goals are to bring humanity to extinction or to enslave us. The floods goal is to consume every single man, woman and child of every intelligent species and it’s not pretty. The flood is just that dangerous. They brought the covenant to its knees in a month(high charity) think about that for a second. Humanity had no resources nor a big enough military where they could’ve defeated high charity. Now to be fair yes atm a civil war was going on, and the flood took advantage of all the dead around to increase their numbers, which is what truly makes them frightening. They’re able to form strategies and use technology. 
In war certain officials like lieutenants, generals are captured and tortured for information. But the flood consume/eat you and they have it all in an instant or near instant. Only exception is captain Keys but his resistance was futile.

Okay, they are intelligent. Intelligent and strong. But they are not very good antagonists, are they? They still have zero depth, they still don't undergo any development, they still don't say anything about anything, they're morally unambiguous. Point is, they're still boring villains. 

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Funny I play Halo 1 when I want to do my maths homework.

You know, that's fair. But the beauty of that game is you don't have to play it that way. Play the batshit insane ctf btb, play the batshit random 4v4s play the sweaty 2v2s, play the ctf, play the oddball, KOTH, 4v4s, 8v8s, play it how you like it. 

13 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Don’t expect comp events to be big like a BR or league expect cod levels big which is an average of 10-20k views and it’s big events of 100k plus 

Cmon now. Anybody with a brain knows, that viewership comes with popularity and Halo doesn't have that right now. It will depend on eSports ecosystem, marketing and most importantly, whether the masses will like the game and stick with it. In most cases, eSports is just marketing tool. There isn't many true eSports leagues in the market really. You can count them with fingers on one hand. Anybody can throw in couple of millions and call it an esport, but that doesn't make it one.

Halo has a big tradition in eSports and 343 still benefits from that. But that will take them only so far as we've seen. If they can't provide good ecosystem, quality and stability, it will be again just bunch of questionable events with Walshy talking about good old times. Big pricepool with random people watching it on twitter for couple of minutes is not enough. That's just numbers for PR articles.

Let's wait and see what they came up with.

3 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Nobody has ever been carried to winning a LAN event much less a Championship tournament. Ogre 2 was one of only four players to call themselves Halo Reach MLG Champions. There are plenty of godlike Halo 1 players who did amazing in Halo 3 - Tsquared, Ogres, Walshy, and Legend to name a few.

Walshy ehh I disagree. Tsquare sure, and legend competed at what? How many events? 

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

Cmon now. Anybody with a brain knows, that viewership comes with popularity and Halo doesn't have that right now. It will depend on eSports ecosystem, marketing and most importantly, whether the masses will like the game and stick with it. In most cases, eSports is just marketing tool. There isn't many true eSports leagues in the market really. You can count them with fingers on one hand. Anybody can throw in couple of millions and call it an esport, but that doesn't make it one.

Halo has a big tradition in eSports and 343 still benefits from that. But that will take them only so far as we've seen. If they can't provide good ecosystem, quality and stability, it will be again just bunch of questionable events with Walshy talking about good old times. Big pricepool with random people watching it on twitter for couple of minutes is not enough. That's just numbers for PR articles.

Let's wait and see what they came up with.

I’m inclined to believe one reason for halos decline is many would purchase cod or something else. Most comments aren’t too negative towards its multiplayer. But because many young ins flop to what their friends play/own they just stop playing halo. Why play halo even though you like it when the 5-6 people you talk to play rainbow six siege? Now the f2p no ones got a problem anymore. There’s no drawback for them to try the game out. Halo is known for a lot of things, even my little brother who’s 11 likes halo but he doesn’t play it? Because of obvious reasons his friends don’t. They don’t own the game and another reason is they’re old games. Part of it is the lack of twitch views. This games releasing around a time when all the top games are releasing and those kiddies are having mommy and daddy buy something else but luckily for them they don’t need them to spend $$ 

44 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I’m inclined to believe one reason for halos decline is many would purchase cod or something else. Most comments aren’t too negative towards its multiplayer. But because many young ins flop to what their friends play/own they just stop playing halo. Why play halo even though you like it when the 5-6 people you talk to play rainbow six siege? Now the f2p no ones got a problem anymore. There’s no drawback for them to try the game out. 

But that's just it, you know. Popularity. For different reasons, Halo lost it's charm. Bigger competition, people choosing games that are easier to jump into, easier to get kills, and, devs trying too much to incorporate elements from other trending games, to the point, where it looses identity. 

Sure, classic Halo might not be the thing anymore, but good game with good support can still sustain healthy population, popularity and success. Market is big. Instead of that,  what we get is big shiny abomination that wants to please everyone, break all the charts, but ultimately, fails at most things it does.

I think the concept of the Flood and the lore behind them (Bungie and 343i era) is solid. 

I do heavily dislike the anthromorphization of the flood that happened in Halo 2 and especially Halo 3. Their design is inherently Lovecraftian, and giving them a giant Shakespeare nerd spoiled meatloaf thing as a mouthpiece does a disservice to that. 

Characterizing the Flood as increasingly intelligent through other means isn't hard, either. 

I also think that the flood don't look nearly as gross or disturbing as people claim they are, or they could potentially look. They're basically just dry-looking sap green mummified corpses whose limbs crumble away when you shoot at them. 

Compare that to some of these. Matter of taste, but I prefer the more brutal, decaying and visceral "The Thing" look for the Flood. 

Moral or goal unambiguity isn't inherently wrong. Plenty of interesting characters and factions are morally unambiguous or have clear objectives. The problem is that their overall writing (the sum of everything about them, including the events that they drive) are bland and/or generic.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Walshy ehh I disagree. Tsquare sure, and legend competed at what? How many events? 

Legend was a pro H3 player in 08/09. He was on the first Classic team; played with Gandhi and Best Man on Legendz

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

I think the concept of the Flood and the lore behind them (Bungie and 343i era) is solid. 

I do heavily dislike the anthromorphization of the flood that happened in Halo 2 and especially Halo 3. Their design is inherently Lovecraftian, and giving them a giant Shakespeare nerd spoiled meatloaf thing as a mouthpiece does a disservice to that. 

Characterizing the Flood as increasingly intelligent through other means isn't hard, either. 

I also think that the flood don't look nearly as gross or disturbing as people claim they are, or they could potentially look. They're basically just dry-looking sap green mummified corpses whose limbs crumble away when you shoot at them. 

Compare that to some of these. Matter of taste, but I prefer the more brutal, decaying and visceral "The Thing" look for the Flood. 

Moral or goal unambiguity isn't inherently wrong. Plenty of interesting characters and factions are morally unambiguous or have clear objectives. The problem is that their overall writing (the sum of everything about them, including the events that they drive) are bland and/or generic.

I mean I liked the flood in 2&3. It makes you realize the flood aren’t mindless. Zombies are like an animal who’s instinct is to kill anything that isn’t one of its own. But the flood are different where they fully understand what they are and what they plan to do to the galaxy.

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

But that's just it, you know. Popularity. For different reasons, Halo lost it's charm. Bigger competition, people choosing games that are easier to jump into, easier to get kills, and, devs trying too much to incorporate elements from other trending games, to the point, where it looses identity. 

Sure, classic Halo might not be the thing anymore, but good game with good support can still sustain healthy population, popularity and success. Market is big. Instead of that,  what we get is big shiny abomination that wants to please everyone, break all the charts, but ultimately, fails at most things it does.

this is true I won’t deny this, however looking at h5 I’ve heard a lot of positivity regarding its multiplayer but at the end of the day it’s launch failed because it had no content, infinite may possibly be the great dividend we need that combines new and classic. H5 was too much. A simpler version of h5 which infinite appears to be is the true solution. Slow sprint, clamber and slide is perfectly ok, if you’re an apex player you’ll have a good time in infinite 

@ShmaltzyLatkes did he go by a different name by any chance? I’ve watched plenty h3 events but haven’t seen his name pop up 

@Aphex Twin your dislikes always make lol

• Downvote (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Nope, same name as far as I'm aware. He placed second with that Classic team at Meadowlands 08.

Is he the same legend who goes to beach lan 

@Reamis25 One lesson I learned while watching 343 throughout the years, there is Infinite ways how you can f*ck up.

3 hours ago, Hemlax said:

@Reamis25 One lesson I learned while watching 343 throughout the years, there is Infinite ways how you can f*ck up.

That is true. There’s an old saying 3 times a charm. Well this is technically there 3rd installment of the FPS series. They may get it right hopefully. 
I just hope for party restrictions in social. No party of 4 vs 4 solos!

I mean there's obviously an asterisk next to early event wins in any Halo game in terms of calling people the "best" or whatever at that game. The reason is simply because the game evolves and people get better over time so 2gre with the three peat at the end of H3 counts 1000000% more than anyone elses Ws in the first year of Halo 3 for example but saying skill doesn't transfer between Halo games is crazy. The people at the top of Halo have sat comfortably at the top over multiple titles if they wanted to in every case. The only time those dudes get pushed out is when they're no longer invested or they're there for so long that the entire meta of how people play Halo shifts enough to push them out which takes years on years and doesn't happen over night. People who have never been in the position sometimes don't realize how hard it is to get better when you're at the top compared to how easy it is to learn from people who are better than you. They grind and learn over long periods of time to come to the same conclusions you pick up from their game in a couple of hours if you're focused on it and that's the real difference between being the best and trying to be the best at anything. Its easy to look back in time and be like "yo these guys were idiots" if you watched the first Halo 3 event now in 2021 but there is a reason they were at that point then and nobody was better yet

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 5/14/2021 at 1:55 AM, Reamis25 said:

I would say I have no issue either but unlike those maps you can’t avoid vehicles completely. Rats nest you can avoid the ghost and hog 100% basically.

tbh I don’t think that’s good for BTB. BTB should be open like Val and sandtrap. Vehicles vs infantry needs to be a thing however there’s needs to be plenty of anti vehicle weapons to balance it out. 

side note pulling a Reddit move here. 
campaigns main villain should be the flood. Looking at the lore and a recent leak of their return it makes sense. The flood is virtually unstoppable. The only way they cam be stopped for good is basically destroying “every single” cell that’s in the fucking galaxy. The flood can recreate a grave mine with very little biomass. Look at grave mind from h2/3. That grave mind was there for thousands of years and the biomass couldn’t have been that large. Now I know in lore the monitor of installation 04 had detected a disturbance of a teleported being activated. This wasn’t even that long ago after the halo ring firing and none of the species which got killed and recloned had technology that was space travel capable. So basically a species outside the known galaxy which was intelligent had discovered the ring and foolishly unleashed the flood. In the halo universe we know of what 8 species? 

Infinite ends with humanity firing the halo array and setting up reseeding efforts. Cortina becomes the new librarian and chief the new didact.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Infinite ends with humanity firing the halo array and setting up reseeding efforts. Cortina becomes the new librarian and chief the new didact.

Rogue science organization located on Onyx, founded by Halsey, starts secretly developing Spartan V program. All candidates gets infected by unknown virus that breaks out from containers found on Onyx and gives them evil thoughts and super powers. Didact-Chief and Librarian-Cortana needs to go back to action.