CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

23 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You’re the willful ignorant one thinking I don’t know why the map may be disliked.

Thinking that you don't know what you're talking about as it pertains to Halo is actually a pretty well-informed position. You've given us plenty of supporting evidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JordanB said:

You two are cute

It's like an endless baiting contest between the two and neither wants to lose. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Thinking that you don't know what you're talking about as it pertains to Halo is actually a pretty well-informed position. You've given us plenty of supporting evidence. 

Lmao

10 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It's like an endless baiting contest between the two and neither wants to lose. 

You’re 100% right

12 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

They are like 2 legendary pokemon on the cover art.

That look like they’re about to battle? 

Reamis/Aphex Twin literally stop responding to one another you're not gonna change each other's minds (not that you even have to) and you both win once you stop

The CE proselytization urge is strong but it's beyond futile and ultimately just comes off as dickishly abrasive to a lot of people that aren't invested in the debate. No matter how nicely you word it, it just sounds like "Fuck off your favorite game sucks and the wet shit my cat took matters more than your opinion" to most people who don't like / haven't played CE. 

If you want to remain a Halo "fan" in any meaningful measure, you really have to compromise on a lot of (admittedly terrible) gameplay choices. It wouldn't be ideal, but Infinite being a H3 clone with zero spread and an alright sandbox alone would be more than enough to satisfy me at this point. The alternate is moving on from Halo entirely, and the fact that I haven't played any other video game in the last 3-4 years makes it pretty tough for me to do that. 

As far as change goes, focus your efforts on meaningful and accomplishable goals. Even trying to get sprint out of a main Halo game seems like an impossibly distant goal now. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

far as change goes, focus your efforts on meaningful and accomplishable goals. Even trying to get sprint out of a main Halo game seems like an impossibly distant goal

Dude can’t handle someone saying a realistic TTK that’s short is .9 or 1 second. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

No matter how nicely you word it, it just sounds like "Fuck off your favorite game sucks and the wet shit my cat took matters more than your opinion"

I'm okay with that.

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

No matter how nicely you word it, it just sounds like "Fuck off your favorite game sucks and the wet shit my cat took matters more than your opinion" to most people who don't like / haven't played CE.

correct

CE BTB is ass outside of Mayhem for all the reason already brought up.

H4 BTB is legit, especially without loadouts. Random weapon drops stopped being a thing in like 2013.

CE is amazing and unique, with loads of reasons to dive in and learn it. There are a lot of things from that game that could and should be resuscitated in modern Halo without making it a CE clone. But, it's pretty booty on MCC, and I know most people won't try to LAN it. Give it a shot, but if you don't, please just keep quiet about the game and do your own thing, instead of actively spreading more misinformation about it. And as always, if you have any questions about it that may help you have a better time in the game, please ask.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

loads of reasons to dive in and learn it.

Give people a reason to do so? I van think of a bunch for people not too. And wether you’d find those reasons ignorant at the end of the day they’re the reasons most do not

1. It’s the oldest game in the series. Unless you grew up with it chances are this game isn’t on anyone’s radar 

2. Lack of popularity when it comes to old halo everyone wants to play h3

3. Movement feels awful compared to the other games

4. None of the way you play the game is in any other halo(quick power ups, the fast TTK utilit) so learning it doesn’t cross over, as no offense most of you ce gods don’t/can’t go to h2> and outplay us who are great at those. 
The only thing most would care to see in halo that CE had would probably be fast power ups, and the fast TTK utility but only if it didn’t feel op. 
I’m ready for the dislike ;)

• Downvote (-1) 1

18 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Give people a reason to do so? I van think of a bunch for people not too. And wether you’d find those reasons ignorant at the end of the day they’re the reasons most do not

1. It’s the oldest game in the series. Unless you grew up with it chances are this game isn’t on anyone’s radar 

4. None of the way you play the game is in any other halo(quick power ups, the fast TTK utilit) so learning it doesn’t cross over, as no offense most of you ce gods don’t/can’t go to h2> and outplay us who are great at those. 
The only thing most would care to see in halo that CE had would probably be fast power ups, and the fast TTK utility but only if it didn’t feel op. 

Then why is the greatest Halo player of all time a CE god

6 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Then why is the greatest Halo player of all time a CE god

Ogre 2 so he’s the exception. And in reach> he wasn’t even close to the best. Heck’s barely so in h3 as he was getting carried by ola most of the time. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Ogre 2? So he’s the exception and he grew up with ce so that could be a unique reason.

There are plenty of other people who play mostly CE that can curbstomp the vast majority of Halo players in other Halo games. It's just faulty logic man. 

10 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

There are plenty of other people who play mostly CE that can curbstomp the vast majority of Halo players in other Halo games. It's just faulty logic man. 

I don’t believe that as most of the guys who play CE still usually don’t go on h3 or other halos and kick ass. Even the guys whom stream it which participate at that beach lan aren’t good at the others. I mean it makes sense as they don’t play them Normally. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

44 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Honestly I think 1-3 are pretty fair. I don't think the movement is as bad as people claim, but jumping is pretty miserable.

4 I'm kind of mixed. There are a lot of things that aren't like other Halos, but I don't think the transition from one game to another is that bad. Especially Halo 1 to most of the others (except 5 but I'll get to that in a second). I think the tougher part of going to Halo 1 from the other games is that while I think Halo 1 is faster, the "logic" of the games isn't that different. Control areas of the map, setup for power weapons, look for spawns. The problem being that despite having half the amount of people on the map; you'll die quick, things come up frequently, you have to help keep your teammate safe off spawn. Everything is blistering fast. I think in general slowing down is easier than speeding up which is why I think transitioning from Halo 1 to other games might be easier especially when mechanically (besides Halo 5, and I guess Halo 2) the games haven't been that demanding.

Here is the hot take for the forum, I think transitioning from Halo 5 to Halo 1 might be the best transition game just for the pace of the game. I think the general opinion here is that Halo 5 is slow, I disagree though I think the rate you have to think and move in Halo 5 is very quick. You move a lot in Halo 5, people can fly at you from a ton of angles kind of like being wary of a random spawn. I don't know, the second best Halo 1 player in my city is an H5 kid and he transitioned very seamlessly once he learned the spawn system, where most H3 players I've introduced the game to thought there was too much going on. This H5 kid I think could easily be better than me if he went to a single LAN with good people, but understandably for points 1 and 2 listed above he's not that interested in spending a ton of money and time going out to one so he's satisfied playing with locals.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Silos said:

Honestly I think 1-3 are pretty fair. I don't think the movement is as bad as people claim, but jumping is pretty miserable.

If you play anything then go play h1 jumping is just so unacceptable. Especially for players like myself who’ve incorporated jumping into our play style since h3, it’s hard to not get frustrated when it feels like jumping is the wrong thing to do. It’s movement in general feels off to me and I think it’s the animation the crouching etc.

1 hour ago, Silos said:

I think the general opinion here is that Halo 5 is slow,

This usually stems from the escapability which stems from not having a weapon that can kill Fast enough to prevent it. It’s something I do agree with I just don’t agree with aphex who thinks we need a utility that’s as fast as CE pistol. I think .9 is perfectly reasonable for halo standards. If I had to be honest the CE pistol is the only thing I enjoy about the game.

1 hour ago, Silos said:

This H5 kid I think could easily be better than me if he went to a single LAN with good people, but understandably for points 1 and 2 listed above he's not that interested in spending a ton of money and time going out to one so he's satisfied playing with locals.

I don’t know what city you live in or if there’s a lot of CE people like legends and shit, but basically that is the reason why someone wouldn’t dedicate themselves to h1 because playing h5 would benefit him more when infinite arrives.

Even though CE factually has a higher skill gap than any other Halo game & it's not debatable, I don't really care about who does & doesn't play it. 

My beef is with folks who go out of their way to voice either support or indifference to terrible gameplay mechanics. The wet shit my cat took is more important than the views of those people. I don't agree that we should compromise on gameplay mechanics we all know will cause Infinite to be DOA. I think this mindset is why 343 is able to get away with shipping terrible games.

Imagine if the competitive Halo community rejected Reach the same way the smash community rejected Brawl. The competitive side of Halo finally has enough respect to warrant developer-funded esport events. If we had as much spine as the smash community & stuck to our guns in 2010, I don't think we ever would have seen radar and autos in competitive H5 settings. I think no sprint could have been the standard for arena. Ghost may have even implemented no-sprint in H4 Throwdown/AGL (lol) settings if he knew nobody would touch 343's trash. 

I think Halo & the competitive community deserve to be in the gutter right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

CE factually has a higher skill

Says who? Infinite is gonna be f2p it won’t die. Like someone could say h5 is the most skilled. All the movement in that game is something one could debate is why. Your downvotes only prove I’m right 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Even though CE factually has a higher skill gap than any other Halo game & it's not debatable, I don't really care about who does & doesn't play it. 

My beef is with folks who go out of their way to voice either support or indifference to terrible gameplay mechanics. The wet shit my cat took is more important than the views of those people. I don't agree that we should compromise on gameplay mechanics we all know will cause Infinite to be DOA. I think this mindset is why 343 is able to get away with shipping terrible games.

Imagine if the competitive Halo community rejected Reach the same way the smash community rejected Brawl. The competitive side of Halo finally has enough respect to warrant developer-funded esport events. If we had as much spine as the smash community & stuck to our guns in 2010, I don't think we ever would have seen radar and autos in competitive H5 settings. I think no sprint could have been the standard for arena. Ghost may have even implemented no-sprint in H4 Throwdown/AGL (lol) settings if he knew nobody would touch 343's trash. 

I think Halo & the competitive community deserve to be in the gutter right now.

If you want the truth about the competitive Halo community we had some jwalk halo 3 events and beach lan but outside of that without someone spoon feeding us large events we're literally dead and gone. The reason we didn't do what the smash community did is because we aren't half as invested and dedicated to creating our own scene. We've just bounced between whoever is willing to throw events for us rather than deciding we're going to create and event opportunities ourselves. Those guys that smash had were called MLG for us and they expanded beyond just Halo so without help our scene would just cease to exist in large part rather than become self sustaining and in control of its own destiny. The proof is in the reality of what happened every single time we lost whoever it was that was putting on our events 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

we aren't half as invested and dedicated to creating our own scene. We've just bounced between whoever is willing to throw events for us rather than deciding we're going to create and event opportunities ourselves 

You hit the nail on the head. This is why competitive Halo deserves to be where it's currently at. 

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t expect comp events to be big like a BR or league expect cod levels big which is an average of 10-20k views and it’s big events of 100k plus 

On 5/11/2021 at 8:04 AM, Snipe Three said:

You know if there is one thing I've never understood about Halo its the vehicle gameplay. I generally avoid them and don't play in BTB or anything very often but my god Halo does vehicles so badly. In all of my time playing other shooters I think I'd choose to compare to Battlefield the most.

It'sa combination of map design, Infantry vs Vehcile balance and attitude.. On good BTB maps you can avoid vehicles and play the way you want (I.e. Rats Nest, Valhalla, Last Resort, Burial Mounds, Zanzibar, Headlong, Most Sandbox variants. On bad maps vehicles make me want to dead (Avalanche). H2A BTB sucks ass because the sniper is so stupidly easy and the sightlines so stupidly long that whoever gets the sniper and is even mildly competent will win the game. It's so easy it's not even fun to snipe. Might as well play campaign if I want to snipe things that can't shoot back.

Reach has the same sniper issue but the DMR ruined vehicles so much that it's pointless to use them other than the super powerful ones (Banshee and Scorpion).

Halo 4 BTB is in Halo 4. Has it's moments but overall pretty bland.

Halo 1 BTB sucks shit and as close to my heart as Halo 1 is, if I'm playing Halo 1 it's not going to be for it's BTB (though I'll say that mayhem is so stupid I love it).

I love BTB so much. Halo 2 and 3 have the best BTB by a huge margin with Halo 3 the overall best due to feature set. Halo 5 BTB is the only experience I actually enjoyed in the game. If you only play competitive with skilled, tight and focused players then BTB is garbage. But if you have friends of various skills and focus it is one of the most fun and social game modes.

On 5/13/2021 at 2:30 AM, Reamis25 said:

I don’t know why I discuss with him we never agree on anything 

Both of you want to have the final say. Neither of you seem to have the capacity to understand that not replying is going to benefit you more than the final say.

You know the less I visit the forum the more optimistic I get about Halo: Infinite. I'm very interested in the multiplayer reveal. I would like to see the only sprintyboi carry-over being sprint and clamber (as they're already confirmed, so I can't exactly wish them away) and no thrust, slide, charge, hover or ground pound. I think with Infinite's slow sprint speed (from the preview) it might actually be quite good. I guess we'll see. I just hope the sniper doesn't get the usual 343-itis and become the easiest thing in the universe to use.