Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

Bad news Unyshek confirmed this months blog is gonna talk about waypoint like who gives a fuck about that? Guess they couldn’t think of anything to talk about since multiplayer will be revealed at e3

Share this post


Link to post

If there's a hill I'd die on, it's that halo 1 has the best btb.

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, hvs500 said:

If there's a hill I'd die on, it's that halo 1 has the best btb.

Yeah you van die on that h1 btb is ass. I would honestly say h4 has the best btb and I hate that game. Playing h1 btb I’ve never once had a mm game that didn’t involve half the lobby quitting or some guy sniping the lobby because your utility range is worthless. That’s one unique reason why snipers don’t show up every 15-30 seconds like ce because shit be unbalanced AF in modes outside of arena where it’s mostly CQC. Vehicles are worthless because you can just shoot the driver out hella easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Yeah you van die on that h1 btb is ass. I would honestly say h4 has the best btb and I hate that game. Playing h1 btb I’ve never once had a mm game that didn’t involve half the lobby quitting or some guy sniping the lobby because your utility range is worthless. That’s one unique reason why snipers don’t show up every 15-30 seconds like ce because shit be unbalanced AF in modes outside of arena where it’s mostly CQC. Vehicles are worthless because you can just shoot the driver out hella easily. 

This isn't Halo 3

 

Also yeah CE BTB isn't great

Share this post


Link to post

I miss really large BTB maps like Halo CE had. I feel like everytime I respawned I had to strategize how to make my way to the other team's base to some extent, and there were so many routes to take that it was very possible to sneak in and maybe score a cheeky flag cap while staying unnoticed. It's a way of playing that's somewhat lost in later games. No way you're "sneaking" anywhere on Standoff or Valhalla.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

This isn't Halo 3

 

Also yeah CE BTB isn't great

Honestly they’re both worthless. But at least I can still Descope a guy at far range. Ce just is better because of obvious reasons a faster TTK and the bullet velocity

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I miss really large BTB maps like Halo CE had. I feel like everytime I respawned I had to strategize how to make my way to the other team's base to some extent, and there were so many routes to take that it was very possible to sneak in and maybe score a cheeky flag cap while staying unnoticed. It's a way of playing that's somewhat lost in later games. No way you're "sneaking" anywhere on Standoff or Valhalla.

I would agree if they weren’t a sniper fest, or vehicle play wasn’t garbage. Oh and a higher player count 

Share this post


Link to post

I love how vast some CE BTB maps are. Definitely not meant for 8v8. Maybe 16v16.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

I love how vast some CE BTB maps are. Definitely not meant for 8v8. Maybe 16v16.

This.

remakes/remasters you’d want to see in infinite. For btb

id like to see sand trap. It’s a map I greatly enjoyed in h3 and the forge remake in h5 was very fun as well. It needs/deserves a remake in infinite.

arena. Believe it or not I’d like to see high ground remade just for funzies. But if I wanted a comp map remade it’d have to be narrows or maybe the pit with the jumps and everything. I swear pitfall from h4 would’ve been an amazing map if it had the side green jumps and banana jump oh and no sprint 

@Aphex Twin hater man
 

  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Yeah you van die on that h1 btb is ass. I would honestly say h4 has the best btb and I hate that game. Playing h1 btb I’ve never once had a mm game that didn’t involve half the lobby quitting or some guy sniping the lobby because your utility range is worthless. That’s one unique reason why snipers don’t show up every 15-30 seconds like ce because shit be unbalanced AF in modes outside of arena where it’s mostly CQC. Vehicles are worthless because you can just shoot the driver out hella easily. 

Alright, fair criticism, but halo 4? Isn't that the game where even the pick ups are random?

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

Alright, fair criticism, but halo 4? Isn't that the game where even the pick ups are random?

Yeah that is annoying but it’s BTB maps are pretty good. And it also had some good modes for BTB surprisingly enough. 

Share this post


Link to post

CE BTB would be a little more fun if the maps weren't designed for Battlefield player counts

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Also, 

Pretty fun overall video. 

I don't like the inclusion of the railgun and gravity hammer in halo 2 promod. I think they don't have any purpose in the sandbox.

Share this post


Link to post

You know how in halo 1 you could influence the trajectory of your grenade using explosions? I always thought that was pimp as shit. Could make for some great plays.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Yeah that is annoying but it’s BTB maps are pretty good. And it also had some good modes for BTB surprisingly enough. 

Yeah but the base mechanics of that game were so bad that I can't really appreciate the maps.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Bad news Unyshek confirmed this months blog is gonna talk about waypoint like who gives a fuck about that? Guess they couldn’t think of anything to talk about since multiplayer will be revealed at e3

It's probably gonna be jet another useless Halo app that no-one uses and gets silently swept under the carpet.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

CE BTB would be a little more fun if the maps weren't designed for Battlefield player counts

I still think it be bad because of constant sniping and vehicles being so useless because you can easily shoot the pilot/driver out. Shoot the back end of the Banshee = death. Shoot the entrance to the tank = death. 
@Hemlax most likely. Only way anyone is using it is if you get some XP bonus for doing so. 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

piT aNd nArRowS R goOd mApS lUlz

Some of us like symmetrical maps and had good times on those. Sorry your experience was ass. I understand they’re not great for slayer but news flash that’s not the only game type that exist, you ce people wouldn’t know that though lmao.

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

U doNt lyKe tHosE mAps cUz tHeRe symMeTRicAl 

That's the wilful ignorance we've all come to expect from reamis. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

U doNt lyKe tHosE mAps cUz tHeRe symMeTRicAl 

That's the wilful ignorance we've all come to expect from reamis. 

You don’t like them because of the play style that’s played on them. When on slayer movement is sometimes stale because there’s nothing to incentivize movement. You’re the willful ignorant one thinking I don’t know why the map may be disliked. I still enjoy the map because it’s fun to play on and is more fair than most. Asymmetric maps usually have problems of power positions 

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, JordanB said:

You two are cute

I don’t know why I discuss with him we never agree on anything 

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.