CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, hvs500 said:

Ask yourself this- Does cod's concussion grenade slow you down while still allowing you to aim and shoot? Yes? See you already have your answer. Frankly, I find questions like these pretty pointless.

I mean it’ll still get you killed depending on the angle 

On 4/29/2021 at 11:46 PM, hvs500 said:

It's stupid to hate a whole genre of music unless you've heard every single song of that said genre.

I absolutely agree... But seeing that music isn't part of rap, well....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

On 5/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, OG Nick said:

If you don't like being stunned then why do you want it in the game, jfc 

And if we don't like dying and having to respawn, I guess we could get rid of that too? LOL

On 5/6/2021 at 1:43 PM, Hemlax said:

J f c, why they just can't let go of those stupid see trough walls ideas once and for all. Do any players really call for this? I would really want to see dev arguments for this.

Let's just make levels out of ballistic glass...

Completely unrelated but is crowd control in other genres like a moba for instance also inherently unfun? Do any forms of 'fun' crowd control exist?

7 hours ago, vembress said:

Completely unrelated but is crowd control in other genres like a moba for instance also inherently unfun? Do any forms of 'fun' crowd control exist?

Someone explained it a while ago (Xandrith?) That CC can be crucial to RPG-like games in enabling a healthy combat loop, but fundamentally CC isn't an enjoyable mechanic on its own.

8 hours ago, vembress said:

Fun to nick means it needs to be fun to use and be used against you. Lol half the shit in games wouldn’t be possible if developers made shit with that in mind. I hate camo and OS because most of the time they’re a free kill. But I like using it against others. In mmos like WOW the entire pvp is about stunning. Mobas too. 

8 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Fun to nick means it needs to be fun to use and be used against you. Lol half the shit in games wouldn’t be possible if developers made shit with that in mind. I hate camo and OS because most of the time they’re a free kill. But I like using it against others. In mmos like WOW the entire pvp is about stunning. Mobas too. 

A balanced game numb nuts. Also in CE (shocker) if you play smart (hard concept for you) you can beat an os

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

5 hours ago, OG Nick said:

A balanced game numb nuts. Also in CE (shocker) if you play smart (hard concept for you) you can beat an os

By play smart(nice use on big words you don’t understand) only way you’re doing that is if you have rockets or sniper(and 2-3 shot his skull) the os is still a guaranteed kill if it’s just you magnum and grenades. tbh a game is still balanced even if something is not fun to be used against you(shocking I know it’s not possible) . Some of the most enjoyable and competitive games have mechanics like stuns or something that’s more fun to use than against 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm sure nick had to open the thesaurus just to use the word smart.

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

the os is still a guaranteed kill if it’s just you magnum and grenades.

Incorrect again. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you guys think that any community backlash against spartan abilities upto this point was futile, just wait till you see what happens when 98% of Infinite's playerbase comprises of F2P Zoomers and you get outnumbered 100-1 by people who've grown up with Apex. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Incorrect again. 

Dude against a competent opponent? Show me a clip. 1v1 encounter and half the shots weren’t put into them when they weren’t aware. 

I'm at work but there is a clip with some of the best players in the world only winning a fight with full OS because they had rockets. 

You know if there is one thing I've never understood about Halo its the vehicle gameplay. I generally avoid them and don't play in BTB or anything very often but my god Halo does vehicles so badly. In all of my time playing other shooters I think I'd choose to compare to Battlefield the most. In those games a good pilot or tank guy will drop crazy numbers on people but at the same time as a good infantry player I can choose to basically avoid the confrontation so that it never feels broken. I can always escape and go fight other people that are trying to play the way I am rather than engaging too often with the tank or jets or whatever. I really like that part of BF since it allows the people who like vehicles and the people who don't to play together without either side feeling too disadvantaged.

Its completely different in Halo though you have a lot of irrelevant vehicles that you could maybe treat the same way you do a vehicle in BF (until you're stuck in a base) and then you have some other ones that are just crazy and must be dealt with or you'll just have that dude drop 200 kills on you in 15 mins. I might honestly blame map design more than vehicle/weapon design in Halo more for that. The other thing about Halo and vehicles is that most of the time it never really feels good. I don't really feel like I did anything worthwhile when I get a kill with a scorpion. I'd honestly be offended at myself if I didn't get kills with it because it takes basically no talent whatsoever beyond not parking in front of 16 people and getting lit up. 

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

You know if there is one thing I've never understood about Halo its the vehicle gameplay. I generally avoid them and don't play in BTB or anything very often but my god Halo does vehicles so badly.

Hmmm.

• Like (+1) 5

ou know if there is one thing I've never understood about Halo its the vehicle gameplay.

don't play in BTB or anything very often

???

• Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

You know if there is one thing I've never understood about Halo its the vehicle gameplay. I generally avoid them and don't play in BTB or anything very often but

Curious. You state that you do not understand vehicle gameplay yet admit that you do not partake in Big Team Battle, where the vast majority of vehicle gameplay takes place. One might think that you may remedy this shortcoming by engaging in more matches of Big Team Battle.

Has anyone else made a similar observation?

When I say not very often that's still probably a minimum few thousand games for reference guys lol for example its a lot of what I played H4 as for some of the visor colors etc

It has been 17 years the reason I said not very often is because that's not what I would normally play. What I was trying to get across is just that I don't think BTB is very good in Halo but it never really seems to change. I'm not sure if its unsatisfying to use vehicles or if its the maps they're played on

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good Halo does vehicle gameplay better than Battlefield, at least the infantry vs vehicles interactions. Yes the vehicles handle much better and have a decent learning curve, but they way they're balanced in BF is laughable in most games and it's kind of hilarious how vehicles vs infantry combat is supposed to be the flagship and main selling point of the franchise when it's designed like some 4 year old was handing out gadgets.

Fuck stupid shit like spawning with lock-on launchers, brokenly overpowered jets with no counter besides other jets, repair tool spam in helis/boats/tanks, AC130 spawn traps, AA tanks camping in their base all game and "oh fuck" buttons like the active protection in BF4. 

Also it's kind of hilarious how the vehicle balance was at least decent in BF3/4 and they just said fuck it and went completely apeshit in BF1. Man that game was ass. I never played BFV so can't judge on that, but from what I've heard that game is a complete trainwreck anyways.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

A frag grenade against a full OS guy will drop him to a four shot kill in H1. Still a disadvantage, but not unreasonable to win that fight.

16 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

that dude drop 200 kills on you in 15 mins.

Lol makes me think of that one player who’s a fucking beast with a Banshee.

vehicles in halo are easier to use than most but in recent games I think they’re more fair than ever. High power but armor isn’t ridiculously good they can’t be destroyed. Remember how the tank was in h3&2? Shit couldn’t be destroyed without rockets or something. You definitely could blame the map design but then you need to remember the player count difference of the two games.(64 BF 16 halo) The fan favorite BTB maps always have vehicle play as something that can’t be ignored. They’re usually open like Valhalla, blood gulch, sand trap etc. 

5 hours ago, Basu said:

Good Halo does vehicle gameplay better than Battlefield, at least the infantry vs vehicles interactions. Yes the vehicles handle much better and have a decent learning curve, but they way they're balanced in BF is laughable in most games and it's kind of hilarious how vehicles vs infantry combat is supposed to be the flagship and main selling point of the franchise when it's designed like some 4 year old was handing out gadgets.

Fuck stupid shit like spawning with lock-on launchers, brokenly overpowered jets with no counter besides other jets, repair tool spam in helis/boats/tanks, AC130 spawn traps, AA tanks camping in their base all game and "oh fuck" buttons like the active protection in BF4. 

Also it's kind of hilarious how the vehicle balance was at least decent in BF3/4 and they just said fuck it and went completely apeshit in BF1. Man that game was ass. I never played BFV so can't judge on that, but from what I've heard that game is a complete trainwreck anyways.

Yeah I think the main thing I like about BF over Halo when it comes to the big modes is how you can kind of choose to just not be part of the whole vehicle battle if you want. Obviously there are some situations where you have to handle it with some rockets or something if you can but you could realistically take routes and fight in places all game on a lot of maps and not really have to worry about it. While the guys fighting in and around the tanks and stuff still do matter. The reason I don't really like it in Halo is because when it comes down to it when I use a vehicle its boring to me. The banshee is probably the exception that comes to mind where I can appreciate having to be smart on some level otherwise you just get teamshot out of it very quickly