Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I'm not particularly salty about it. I just think its stupid, and shouldn't be there. You're the one who got all uppity cause I called it stupid. Which it is. 

 

Also, I've said this before and I'll say it again. And again for you @Reamis25 cause I know you're a little slow on the uptake. "I can beat you in X game" doesn't make you right/smarter/etc. it simply means you can beat me at a video game that someone else can also beat you in. Skill level in a game does matter to an extent. But it is not the end all be all. 

 

Case and point. The Halo 3 BR is awful but people still think the randomness in the burst is good for the game and is "skill full" even though it is confirmed random. 

Fair enough on the skill part. I got uppity about it because honestly it’s one of those things that’s not a big deal and doesn’t need to be discussed. It could be good for gameplay and a lot of games usually employ it. I’ve enjoyed the sensor dart. He’ll you don’t even like stuns in games like what’s up with that. Sure I hate being stunned as much as the next guy but I don’t hate it if it took some effort to stun me 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Fair enough on the skill part. I got uppity about it because honestly it’s one of those things that’s not a big deal and doesn’t need to be discussed. It could be good for gameplay and a lot of games usually employ it. I’ve enjoyed the sensor dart. He’ll you don’t even like stuns in games like what’s up with that. Sure I hate being stunned as much as the next guy but I don’t hate it if it took some effort to stun me 

It won't be.

Stun is not fun. I actually dislike the stun in CE from the PR and PP. I think taking control away from the player in an FPS makes it unfun and cheapens the experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

It won't be.

Stun is not fun. I actually dislike the stun in CE from the PR and PP. I think taking control away from the player in an FPS makes it unfun and cheapens the experience. 

Stun isn’t meant to be fun when used against you. Not everything can be dude that’s not how shit works

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Reamis25 said:

Stun isn’t meant to be fun when used against you 

Why would you want a player to have an unfun experience?

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Why would you want a player to have an unfun experience?

Because it’s competitive. If you get stunned it’s honest to god your fault. It’s also meant for balance by making a weapon that’s weak damage have an external ability 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Because it’s competitive. If you get stunned it’s honest to god your fault. It’s also meant for balance by making a weapon that’s weak damage have an external ability 

There's a difference between, "I'm not having fun because of skill levels" and "I'm not having fun because of a mechanic" stun is the latter. Also you can balance them in other ways. Plasma stripping shields really quick and having a faster swapping speed to headshot capable weapons is more interesting than stun. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

There's a difference between, "I'm not having fun because of skill levels" and "I'm not having fun because of a mechanic" stun is the latter. Also you can balance them in other ways. Plasma stripping shields really quick and having a faster swapping speed to headshot capable weapons is more interesting than stun. 

Dude I think you got stunned and raged real hard didn’t you we’ve all done it

if halo adds stun it’s no big deal

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Dude I think you got stunned and raged real hard didn’t you we’ve all done it

No, I just thought how cheap it felt. The thing is, with stun, you don't need the drop on someone for it to be effective. There's no counter to stun. It's a mechanic that strips the player of their control, making them feel powerless. 

Feeling powerless in an FPS is a good way to get people to not enjoy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

No, I just thought how cheap it felt. The thing is, with stun, you don't need the drop on someone for it to be effective. There's no counter to stun. It's a mechanic that strips the player of their control, making them feel powerless. 

Feeling powerless in an FPS is a good way to get people to not enjoy it. 

That hasn’t worked in any FPS game. Feeling powerless is usually an irritation when your gun is weak has too much recoil or bloom etc. most people hate being stunned but it’s never been a mechanic that gets everyone riled up. If it’s all over the place sure but if it happens rarely I think it’s fine. Stun is meant to make someone powerless that’s the point of the mechanic too.  See when I play a game I don’t expect everything to be fun. It’s no fun fighting camo in CE because it’s Pretty unseeable there’s no predator blur, only the CE nerds can see that shit. It’s not fun facing a OS guy without a plasma pistol or rockets I’m done for guaranteed dead. I would say in those cases I felt powerless. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OG Nick said:

It always boils down to management. In every profession. 

It's not taught anywhere except the military. That's why there's so many bad managers. Also the Peter Principle is a huge factor. I know at my work there is zero management or leadership tutorage, lessons or mentorship. None. 

And they wonder why the leadership is so poor. Most people take the leadership positions as a "promotion" and not because they actually want to lead.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Sensor Gun. Fires a dart that highlights players in a 25 meter radius, even behind walls and floors.

Is that the new equipment on the HUD in the screenshots?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Is that the new equipment on the HUD in the screenshots?

Heh.

Share this post


Link to post

PR stun is the only reason Legend and Patch didn't 50-0 @OG Nick and myself at our first Beach LAN. We had to ghostbuster Patch to finally get one.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

PR stun is the only reason Legend and Patch didn't 50-0 @OG Nick and myself at our first Beach LAN. We had to ghostbuster Patch to finally get one.

And I still don't like stun, but there are greater evils in Halo than a stun effect

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

And I still don't like stun, but there are greater evils in Halo than a stun effect

I like stunning but not being stunned

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I like stunning but not being stunned

If you don't like being stunned then why do you want it in the game, jfc 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

If you don't like being stunned then why do you want it in the game, jfc 

Because it’s still a fun mechanic which can offer a niche in a weapon or a grenade. Like I don’t like camo In halo but I’d never want it gone. I don’t like being killed by camo hell back in reach most 1v1 players would turn that off because it felt cheap. Things feel less cheap in a team 4v4 environment and don’t get me started on 8v8. A concussion that knocks people back can be cool like you suggested but it needs to be more than a few feet, especially if it doesn’t do any aim throwing 

Share this post


Link to post

You don't like stunning, you like power fantasy. Just like every other Halo redditor that thinks spawning with a 1 shot kill sniper is fun and only plays for like 15 minutes a week. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

 

22 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Tbh I’m not against this because it’s not a permanent use. Stufff like that isn’t all that bad when people can’t constantly use it. This is something however comp wouldn’t allow, or at the very least be against 

 

21 hours ago, OG Nick said:

It's still bad and not good for the game. Shouldn't be there in the first place

Anything that lets you see through walls can fuck straight off.

20 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Crunch sucks, but like 90% of the stories I hear about crunch is it being directly tied to overscoping or the team just not meeting goals early on like they should. It sucks, and can just happen to a team. But that's the nature of it. I knew what I was signing up for when I went to college for it. While I am not actively looking to work in games any more, I am aware crunch like situations can happen in the profession I want to work in. 

I work in insurance software, like the lowest tier of software, and even we have crunch.  Every single release.  People are terrible at estimating work and management....

15 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's not taught anywhere except the military. That's why there's so many bad managers. Also the Peter Principle is a huge factor. I know at my work there is zero management or leadership tutorage, lessons or mentorship. None. 

And they wonder why the leadership is so poor. Most people take the leadership positions as a "promotion" and not because they actually want to lead.

Or they take it as an ego stroke.  You end up with managers who give all kinds of criticism, most of which is unfounded, yet can't take any themselves.  The best "Addition by subtraction" you can have a lot of time is firing shit managers.

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

And I still don't like stun, but there are greater evils in Halo than a stun effect

any crowd control affect can also fuck right off.  Anything that limits your ability to move or sense the game in any way is just cheap dogshit.  Oh hey this AoE thing just froze you hahahahaahaha FREE KILL BITCH.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm fine with CE PR stun. The weapon thrives in what feels like very niche conditions but when they happen it never feels cheap unless some party has no idea what's going on. I doubt i'd feel the same way regarding stun in Halo games with killtimes as long as they are now.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Play a game on LAN and go for the PR every life. See how many kills it gets you without much experience. The situations where it’s ideal are few and far between. But it’s so damn much fun to use that I go for it anyways, and I’ve gotten better with it as a result.

(Pro tip: hit Y before you melee)

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Anything that limits your ability to move or sense the game in any way is just cheap dogshit.  Oh hey this AoE thing just froze you hahahahaahaha FREE KILL BITCH.

Sounds like world of Warcraft pvp

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind a stun which slows your movement although how it is implemented and to which degree it slows you is important, but anything that stops you from aiming is unacceptable in an FPS imo.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Mow said:

I don't mind a stun which slows your movement althought how it is implemented and to which degree it slows you is important, but anything that stops you from aiming is unacceptable in an FPS imo.

So like cod’s concussion grenade? That doesn’t prevent you from shooting/aiming just moving fast and turning 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

So like cod’s concussion grenade? That doesn’t prevent you from shooting/aiming just moving fast and turning 

Ask yourself this- Does cod's concussion grenade slow you down while still allowing you to aim and shoot? Yes? See you already have your answer. Frankly, I find questions like these pretty pointless.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.