CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

This should be a good fall for shooters with Infinite and the next Battlefield, there certainly won't be any lack of competition for Halo (including the inevitable COD). 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NAK said:

This should be a good fall for shooters with Infinite and the next Battlefield, there certainly won't be any lack of competition for Halo (including the inevitable COD). 

Have you tried that enlisted game? It’s really fun 

37 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Guess not RIP

Ehh they literally always do it on the very last day possible, so I'm expecting Friday afternoon

Should halo have a universal aim assist? I think most games with ads have a universal Aim assist rotation. I could be wrong on that though

22 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Should halo have a universal aim assist? I think most games with ads have a universal Aim assist rotation. I could be wrong on that though

Can you expound on what "universal" aim assist is? Is it aim assist that is consistent from weapon to weapon?

10 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Can you expound on what "universal" aim assist is? Is it aim assist that is consistent from weapon to weapon?

Yes

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Come on e3

MVDhfoH.png

Funny, i am not excited at all. And it's not my fault.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Funny, i am not excited at all. And it's not my fault.

Makes sense. I'm just ready for the thing that totally kills my hype or confirms I'll be lukewarm at best to the infinite launch 

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Makes sense. I'm just ready for the thing that totally kills my hype or confirms I'll be lukewarm at best to the infinite launch 

I think days before the show my excitement will go up a bit. But it's nothing to compare with the games before. You know, when I believed it will be a great game.

But. I definitely want to see the first uncut multiplayer match and see what it does to me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hemlax said:

I think days before the show my excitement will go up a bit. But it's nothing to compare with the games before. You know, when I believed it will be a great game.

But. I definitely want to see the first uncut multiplayer match and see what it does to me.

This is basically how I’m feeling 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aim assist is actually noticable. It shouldn't be.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:56 PM, NAK said:

CoD is going to do well because it uses the same blueprint as it did with Bo2. Which uses the same blueprint as Halo 3.

• WutFace (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

Aim assist is actually noticable. It shouldn't be.

CoD is going to do well because it uses the same blueprint as it did with Bo2. Which uses the same blueprint as Halo 3.

No it doesn't.

• Fire (+1) 1

A few things to point out.

Hitscan in this game is going to be the reason its not successfull. People would much rather play CoD because you don't have to shoot 10x more bullets. Vs using the same mechanics.

• WutFace (+0) 1

Dude, what do you take before posting? I need some

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

New Halo Infinite details have been revealed, including that the upcoming shooter from 343 Industries will be crossplay and cross-progression-compatible between PC, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One. Not only will players be able to play with their friends no matter the generation or platform within the Windows family, but they won't lose any progress should they choose to bounce between PC and Xbox. 

In addition to being more accessible in terms of availability, Microsoft has also confirmed that 343 Industries is working hard to ensure that the PC version of Halo Infinite exceeds expectations. One of the ways that it is doing just that is offering a "premier PC experience" with features like ultrawide and super ultrawide support, triple keybinds, a wider variety of "advanced graphic options," and more.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/04/29/new-halo-infinite-details-revealed-including-crossplay-and-cross-progression-for-xbox

If sprint-slide-jump is still one of the fastest ways to get around the map (it probably will be) i'll be so annoyed. I want to play Halo and not be constantly smashing buttons. 

Thoughts on the blog: 

Cross platform LAN is cool. 

Triple action keybinds: at this point if you're going to do this just allow me to prioritize items in a pile of shit on the ground. No idea how this will play out in implementation. 

Input filtering: Saying "MKB will feel buttery smooth" and later talking about input based mm as "It's not Xbox vs PC" reads to me as "we've given up on trying to balance mouse vs controller". So, more long killtime teamshooting. 

Spartan Chatter is back.

The official name for the augments is Equipment.

Forerunner interior looks good.

AR doesn't look much better.

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

New Inside Infinite 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-april-2021

Why would they sneak this into an article? Like it's not even under an HCS bullet point, c'mon man. It's cool, but wasted opportunities 

Quick oc meme
TVTKUX8.png

The most interesting points from the article for me were

"For ranked matches, we plan to restrict competitive playlists based on input type, not console versus PC. That’s because we believe the input is the biggest differentiator in gameplay ability (with things like aim assist on the controller or the precision of sniping with a mouse). You can play with a controller on your PC to play ranked with your console friends, or even mouse and keyboard on your console to play ranked with your PC friends."

"MR: Ultrawide across the whole experience of the game, fine-tuning and high refresh rate support, throttling to maintain framerate, our competitively low input latency, the cross-platform LAN server is really cool"

• The FOV comparison in the 4th image confirms that the cross hair will finally scale with FOV and will no longer create a disparity between big cross hair and smaller targets/players at higher FOV'S(Now they just need to add cross hair resize too).

I'm curious to see how how the decision to segregate M&KB Ranked from Controller Ranked will effect Halo Infinite E-sports as well as the skill divisions in Ranked, I was very surprised by this. Will M&KB Ranked be easier or harder than Controller Ranked? Will XIM finally be banned from use in M&KB Ranked? Will E-sports events have M&KB and Controller segregated too or integrated together?

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2021 at 5:59 AM, hvs500 said:

Saying that halo 3 is your favourite halo is like saying eminem is your favourite rapper.

Given how much I detest rap ...

he might just be.