CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Halo reach is by far the most skillful halo. Fight me, I'm not trolling.

3 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Assuming you're not trolling (you probably are and I'm just taking the bait lol), why do you think that? Sincere question, not antagonizing you or anything.

30 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Assuming you're not trolling (you probably are and I'm just taking the bait lol), why do you think that? Sincere question, not antagonizing you or anything.

Halo chess.

• Simms (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

Theres a big issue with game connection affecting shot reg but besides game connection the only thing that affects shot reg is base player skill. 

11 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Thats a bad disability to have. Not being able to compare games and all. Your opinion on game forums is close to irrelevant.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

Thats a bad disability to have. Not being able to compare games and all. Your opinion on game forums is close to irrelevant.

You're projecting again, toast. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Rdispushedback said:

1v1 me in chess

I don't get how you come to this forum to say the same thing ad nauseam toast.

It's perplexing to me that fans of Halo 3's teamshot-only meta dont like Reach since there's even less you can do as an individual with a blooming 5sk DMR. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

It's perplexing to me that fans of Halo 3's teamshot-only meta dont like Reach since there's even less you can do as an individual with a blooming 5sk DMR. 

The teamshot only meta is a personal opinion and shouldn't be used as a general one.

• Downvote (-1) 1

On 4/5/2021 at 8:40 PM, Reamis25 said:

Halo infinite needs a lot of casual stuff but a good competitive scene. There should be a max of 3-4 rank playlist. 
1. Arena(hcs) 

2. Doubles(tournaments for this would be a great idea as halos always had a huge doubles scene and if it had its own pro league viewers would be interested although 4s would have higher clearly doubles still deserves some love) 

3. Lone wolves(6) 
4. Solo/duo que arena 

social needs a lot of fun modes. I think casual stuff like multi team, race from reach needs to return. Social playlist at launch need to be 

team slayer, team swat, team snipers, action sack, infection, multi team, ffa 8 man, grif ball(there’s a strong community for this) 

The less playlists the better for playlist quetimes. Give people a server browser and let them sort it out on their own.

12 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

The teamshot only meta is a personal opinion and shouldn't be used as a general one.

Bro. It's not an opinion it's a fact. I'm surprised that you've supposedly played 5000 games and still don't know this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hvs500 said:

Bro. It's not an opinion it's a fact. I'm surprised that you've supposedly played 5000 games and still don't know this. 

I wouldn't hype Aphex. Especially after he confused himself. I mean who's to say Snipedown Hysteria etc arnt looked at and respected as individual skilled players.

I've played Halo enough to know @Aphex Twinsucks at it.

I can believe that he's played thousands of games of H3 and still doesnt understand that the meta only consists of teamshooting. 

After all, he's written a novel's worth of words on this site (though you wont find it due to repeat bans) and still cant form a coherent sentence. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ripharambe said:

The less playlists the better for playlist quetimes. Give people a server browser and let them sort it out on their own.

Evidence has shown that doesn’t work. Mm far suits games more than server browsers. 

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

MM far suits games more than server browsers. 

Yes and no.

You can hop into something quick and easy, without need of customizing what you're wanting, or go into detail and specifics and search it out through a list. Problems begin when you're slapped with too many options in the Match Make, or not enough with Browser. Interestingly enough, the Composer in MCC fixes most of these issues that stem from strict MM or Server games. Adding a few Ranked playlists and a Custom Server Browser with mod support, and you pretty much solve all population problems for a good while.

Hey I know that TTK is probably the biggest reason that Halo's gameplay has been in the relative gutter in recent years, but can we please stop having the exact same argument for the 9000000000th time? Especially when there's a correct opinion. 

Going back to what I said about "too high" minimum-average TTK delta: let's assume that the accuracy distribution for an average player with a utility weapon  (The H3 BR, for example) is a normal distribution that peaks at 5.5 bursts (roughly 1.9 seconds). Then, that means that roughly 12% of the average player's kills will be perfect 4SKs. 

Making the same assumption for a pro / semi-pro level, let's assume that the average aim distribution peaks at 5 bursts. This means that an average pro / semi-pro will earn perfect 4SKs almost 25% of the time. 

If an ideal utility weapon's minimum-average delta is too high, then the game will effectively revert into a crapshoot at both skill tiers (think people trying to play Pit Flag, except that their primary weapon is a sniper rifle that can only be noscoped with). 

Then again, this would facilitate tremendous player growth in the long run. The game's meta would evolve like none other with the passage of time. The main issue it causes then, is the fact that it would become far too unenjoyable at the average level and those players would drop the game before their skill improved. 

To be frank, I'm liking the idea of a skill intermediary utility weapon more and more. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Hey I know that TTK is probably the biggest reason that Halo's gameplay has been in the relative gutter in recent years, but can we please stop having the exact same argument for the 9000000000th time? Especially when there's a correct opinion. 

Going back to what I said about "too high" minimum-average TTK delta: let's assume that the accuracy distribution for an average player with a utility weapon  (The H3 BR, for example) is a normal distribution that peaks at 5.5 bursts (roughly 1.9 seconds). Then, that means that roughly 12% of the average player's kills will be perfect 4SKs. 

Making the same assumption for a pro / semi-pro level, let's assume that the average aim distribution peaks at 5 bursts. This means that an average pro / semi-pro will earn perfect 4SKs almost 25% of the time. 

If an ideal utility weapon's minimum-average delta is too high, then the game will effectively revert into a crapshoot at both skill tiers (think people trying to play Pit Flag, except that their primary weapon is a sniper rifle that can only be noscoped with). 

Then again, this would facilitate tremendous player growth in the long run. The game's meta would evolve like none other with the passage of time. The main issue it causes then, is the fact that it would become far too unenjoyable at the average level and those players would drop the game before their skill improved. 

To be frank, I'm liking the idea of a skill intermediary utility weapon more and more. 

I honestly think TTK isn't even the main problem with Halo. I'd argue that average kill times have basically been static since 2004 with minor changes. The real problem to me is that the kill speeds and the movement mechanics and whatnot all work together to create an entire game and in recent years the designers haven't respected the pace of Halo and thus they change the movement in this case but not the kill speeds so at that basic level the formula breaks down. They have to respect the pacing of the game they're trying to create and tailor the movement and kill speeds for each other instead of leaving one steady and radically changing the other. We would've been in just as bad of a situation if the average kill speed was way faster in H2/H3 because the rest of those games wouldn't support skillful gameplay. You'd have just been playing something very similar to swat in those games at that point. Obviously the difficulty and the difference between average and perfect matter but if the average kill speed gets too fast for the movement or the movement gets too fast for the average kill speed the game basically stops functioning in a healthy way. They've spent the last few years seeing just how close they can get to that line

The mobility and kill speeds in a game should be a reflection of each other and they're just not in modern Halo. It doesn't stop there either. Things like aim assist, map geometry, respawn timers, power weapon strength etc etc etc all tie back into it. They've been failing at getting that level of cohesion together and that is why modern Halo sucks and can't actually hold a population. Its just not a well made game

A great thought experiment for people would be to think about Halo CE. Like really think about it. Think about the movement, respawn system, average and perfect kill speeds, how powerful rockets are in the sense of blast radius, grenades, how quickly things respawn and the ideal number of players all together as one cohesive game. Now contrast ALL of that with H2 or H3 rather than just one piece. You'll realize that the directions of those differing aspects shift together across the games in a common direction that makes sense because its intentional and not some monkey game designing something new. They knew what they were doing and they were designing towards a goal. It isn't some guy just deciding we can sprint now or just throwing thrust into the mix. They made sure the entire game maintained cohesion as they reinvented it. Now do that with Halo 5. You'll see the problem. Pretty crazy how they thought that you could just leave basically everything the same post H2/H3 but change mobility and maps and expected it to work well huh. They're just trapped between trying to pretend they're Halo 3 and making their own game and it just looks dumb every time.

If 343 wanted to make another H5 my challenge to them would be to actually change more in a logical way. Make the game actually fit together 

• Like (+1) 2