CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

15 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I think it won't sound so aggressive in the  actual game, will more blend in the background. Other than that I think it will sound better than H4/5.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:11 PM, Sitri said:

I don't think the 2-weapon limit leads itself to a fun single player game. Higher difficulties practically require you to have a noob combo if you don't want to spend 30 seconds fighting one enemy. Even weapons like rockets are total garbage in some of the games, when they won't even pop an Elite's shields. No reason to ever pick one up when the most common enemy drops ammo for the plasma pistol.

That's not really a 2 weapon limit problem, even if you could carry a truck load of guns 90% of the time you'd use a plasma pistol and a pistol or a sniper pistol because that's everything you need.

That's why halo 3 and odst have my favourite campaigns, most of the guns are viable alternatives to the noob combo and in some situations, even superior. Even on legendary.

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

I think he did good job in every Halo and was one of the few reasons why I had some fun playing H4/5 while it lasted.

I don't think he did a bad job, but the distortions 343 did to his voice to make it sound . . . idk, electronicy? Those were awful.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Rdispushedback said:

The games broken and needs to be fixed. Its just bad. Halo 3 should be the blueprint to get any ideas from. Sister games should be different though like reach was but reach isnt a good example of how Halo should play.

https://youtu.be/6U4-KZSoe6g?t=27

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Sometimes I wish they’d find a way to retcon Johnson alive and he became a SP4. 

Ah yes, ruin that emotional investment

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

That's not really a 2 weapon limit problem, even if you could carry a truck load of guns 90% of the time you'd use a plasma pistol and a pistol or a sniper pistol because that's everything you need.

That's why halo 3 and odst have my favourite campaigns, most of the guns are viable alternatives to the noob combo and in some situations, even superior. Even on legendary.

The games still have balancing issues and rely greatly on headshots and shield-shredders, but even with a balanced game the limitations brought up by a limited weapon inventory will lead players to just using whatever is most effective and ignoring the more specialized weapons that will only have a purpose once every 20 or so encounters.

I don't even think an unlimited weapon inventory is necessary, even just 3 weapons would be a game-changer for the campaign. Then you can have a special purpose weapon along with the typical noob combo.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

That doesn't sound good at all.

I think it sounds pretty punchy. I'd like to have more echo like how rifles sound in the open air, this sounds a bit too compressed.

At least it's better than chopsticks-falling-on-a-metal-table that is the Halo 4 BR.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Sitri said:

The games still have balancing issues and rely greatly on headshots and shield-shredders

Agreed.

, but even with a balanced game the limitations brought up by a limited weapon inventory will lead players to just using whatever is most effective and ignoring the more specialized weapons that will only have a purpose once every 20 or so encounters.

Then that's not a balanced game.

I don't even think an unlimited weapon inventory is necessary, even just 3 weapons would be a game-changer for the campaign. Then you can have a special purpose weapon along with the typical noob combo.

You might as well be done with the weapon limit. When you pick up a special purpose weapon, you are sacrificing lethality for that particular purpose. That's a decision. With a 3 weapon limit, that's a non decision. 

23 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Sometimes I wish they’d find a way to retcon Johnson alive and he became a SP4. 

Hell naw. 

16 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Ah yes, ruin that emotional investment

Ahh who cares I just want my boy back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I don't think he did a bad job, but the distortions 343 did to his voice to make it sound . . . idk, electronicy? Those were awful.

I see what you mean now. I didn't mind it too much. What I didn't like though, they used the announcements too much in Halo 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

I made a post on reddit on how we need projectile shooting in infinite and even explained not to looo at h3 but games like apex and what not as good examples. Feedback was mostly negative people prefer the consistency of h5s hitscan. Overall people don’t want projectile. Even if it increases skill and whatnot they didn’t care

Reddit complains about having to play ranked, of course they're going to complain about anything that makes the game more skill based

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah I mean that just sounds bad when you put it on some gameplay. I don't even mean strictly quality wise if someone at 343 sees this feedback. It just doesn't fit Halo and doesn't sound/feel good. Its just actually the wrong sound imo.

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I think it sounds pretty punchy. I'd like to have more echo like how rifles sound in the open air, this sounds a bit too compressed.

At least it's better than chopsticks-falling-on-a-metal-table that is the Halo 4 BR.

The h4 br is one of the worst sounds I've ever heard. It sounds like a squeaky cricket. How that was accepted is beyond me. The AR sound sucked too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

The h4 br is one of the worst sounds I've ever heard. It sounds like a squeaky cricket. How that was accepted is beyond me. The AR sound sucked too.

The soundtrack was bad as well. Then came Halo 5's weird UI beeps, squeaks and pulses and super generic soundtrack. Hoping with the talents they've been scrounging MS Studios for can bring it back to Halo 1 and 2's genre-defining jumps.

12 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The soundtrack was bad as well. Then came Halo 5's weird UI beeps, squeaks and pulses and super generic soundtrack. Hoping with the talents they've been scrounging MS Studios for can bring it back to Halo 1 and 2's genre-defining jumps.

I like reach audio 

I prefer 4s soundtrack to 5s I think. 5 does have a couple good ones on there though.

20 hours ago, Shekkles said:

How did they get the Infinite BR sound?  Did 343 release a wavefile or something?

I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

How did they get the Infinite BR sound?  Did 343 release a wavefile or something?

I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

Yeah it was in one of those blogs they post every month. Obviously it's a super clear, loud sound, it will sound much more grounded in the game I think. This is just slapped in the video over lovered audio line, so it sounds abruptly strong and out of place.

On 4/13/2021 at 8:24 PM, Mr Grim said:

That doesn't sound good at all.

It sounds pretty good on 1.25 speed. (the burst) I just wasn't a fan of the slow paced nature of the BR now. but it's better sped up. IMO