CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Idk who the Zerg or tyrandids are. The flood are interesting now they want to consume the whole galaxy/universe because they were once the gods of the universe and when their creations rebelled they turned into the flood to prevent rebellion ever again

Are you sure you're not talking about the Xel'Naga and their children, the Zerg and Protoss?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Yo anybody got any crisp leaks they wanna share?

Crouching has been removed.

• Hooked 1

2 hours ago, Crimson said:

Tyranids > Zerg, you can't change my mind.

Well, the Zerg are just copycat Tyranids, basically.

WarCraft is Warhammer bastardized
StarCraft is 40k bastardized.

Always has been that way.  Blizzard's biggest franchises are shit they stole and sold as their own.  ...and Diablo, which was made by another studio they bought out entirely so they could produce the game.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Are you sure you're not talking about the Xel'Naga and their children, the Zerg and Protoss?

So what game or series 

21 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Lmao I hope that’s true. They’re honestly why I like infinite campaign. They’re like zombies but fully intelligent and full evil. There’s some part of them that believes it is just or evolution, but deep down knows that’s a load of horseshit. Man imagine a horror tv series of the flood. There’s that bloody comic with voice overs is a good example of what they could do. 

They will be. Think about it:

1) It's a soft reboot.
2) It's set on a Halo ring.
3) People have been craving the flood since Halo 3 and 343 will be keen to show their version of it.

I would be very surprised if they weren't in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Blizzard was originally going to make Warhammer/40k games, but were denied licensing rights, in nutshell terms mind you. Starcraft/Warcraft used re-purposed assets from those projects. Both series were heavily inspired by Starship Troopers, with 40k taking even more inspiration from the movies Heavy Metal and Wizards, even the metal band Gwar.

If Halo Infinite is based around competitive and not just rehashed Halo money grab project we should be good.

Meaning every 1 on 1 battle should be skill required in terms of getting a kill.

Same concept that worked with the Halo trilogy but has not been used or matched by 343. Look.

H1: 3sk

H2: Double shot

H3: 4sk

Usually what we think about needs to happen to get a kill in these games and the other variables with in each game each player must learn (learn=skill gap) that will depict weather or not it happens. A combination of the aiming skill and the rest of the games mechanics need to be competitive. Thats all, if your going to rehash a Halo.

Halo 4 and Halo 5 both lacked severely with this idea of making the game based around skill to win battles and lack a learning curve with in their games.

Halo 4 and Halo 5 both being a CoD like game with whoever shoots the first shot usually getting a kill with how dumb easy it is to shoot. 

Why 343 has failed to make a successfull Halo is with these areas of competitive and can be detailed where they fuck up the game crucially but what it boils down to is Halo needs a new developer.

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

Okay

What. Halo. Did. You. Play.

Yes.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Somewhat Tough Discussion: While we can agree that the ideal minimum TTK should be as low as possible to prevent the game from being watered down, what should the average TTK be? Does raising the average TTK while keeping minimum TTK low have serious detrimental effects on the gameplay? 

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Somewhat Tough Discussion: While we can agree that the ideal minimum TTK should be as low as possible to prevent the game from being watered down, what should the average TTK be? Does raising the average TTK while keeping minimum TTK low have serious detrimental effects on the gameplay? 

If we view this abstractlyi.e., we ignore all other factors beyond kill time itself, I think too large of a chasm between the minimum and average kill time could risk rendering sub-average kill times the result of luck or chance—something we definitely don't want. However, I think this risk is eminently controllable once you factor in the number of shots needed to kill. The more shots required to kill, the lower the risk that the "perfect" kill—or even a sub-average number of shots to kill—was a result of sheer chance.**

That, however, raises a separate question: how many shots to kill is too many shots to kill? Obviously, if too many shots are required, team shooting becomes the only viable strategy, which—as we are all too familiar with—makes the game boring as fuck. Ultimately, I think this is where the real debate lies once you accept the premise that the minimum TTK should be quite low while the average TTK should be quite high.

My personal belief is that a 4sk is the sweet spot for number of shots. I have no actual basis for this belief beyond me thinking, every time I nail a 3sk in HCE, "Damn, that felt pretty lucky" (note, though: I am bad at the game). Meanwhile, the 5sk in Reach and H5 seems like it drags on too long. I'm sure someone could develop a more objective analysis of this, though, and I'd be fine accepting it if it makes sense no matter what the outcome is.

TLDR: We definitely want to maximize the gap between minimum TTK and the average TTK, but if the gap is too large, it could render many sub-average kill times the result of chance. We can control for this with a separate variable: number of shots required to kill. The question becomes, numerically, how many shots to kill strikes the ideal balance between avoiding luck and preventing team shooting as the only viable strategy?

**Adding a footnote here just to note that a high number of shots to kill does not necessarily mean that the minimum TTK will be "too long." You could have a 5sk utility that kills in 1 second flat. So when I talk here about the number of shots being a separate variable from TTK, I am assuming that the intervals between shots can be optimized to provide a low TTK from a time perspective.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:52 PM, Rdispushedback said:

343 can profit most with just releasing this game more then they can anywhere else they do with this game

Read your own sentence back again, but slower this time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I think that this sounds nice but we shouldn't forget the series we're playing. I wouldn't worry too much about it or get your hopes up that they'll significantly alter minimum/average ttk after 17 years. We've been doing this forever with different incarnations of this forum community where people discuss the merits of their ideal Halo game and how whatever they actually release differs from it. The end of the story is goldpro (or something like it) with a handful of people playing and a lot of negative feelings towards the game you'll actually end up with.

It would be a cool surprise though if things changed

Lol yeah it does end a litttleeee abruptly. It doesn't feel finished so they maybe could've pieced that together a little better. A couple of seconds to transition to an exit/ending would've helped a lot. If it isn't an accident maybe they were going for some sort of dramatic effect but it feels more like someone fucked up editing a video instead

I love one of the top comments on that Master Chief video:

“Did we fix the ending?”

“I already clicked export”

“Meh, it’s Friday.”

It would've been better if it faded the video to black and had the audio also fade on one last note

But hey my degree isn't in marketing

On 4/9/2021 at 9:14 AM, _Synapse said:

I think its not the the communities worry and should be left for the developers to create the best mechanics for the highest skillgap.

Whether or not the game is broken is a whole nother conversation.

The community can't fix a broken game if the developers suck and don't listen or even when they do listen.

58 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

The community can't fix a broken game if the developers suck and don't listen or even when they do listen.

Case in point: MLG upping player movement and damage didnt fix the dumpster fire that was Halo 3. 

1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

Case in point: MLG upping player movement and damage didnt fix the dumpster fire that was Halo 3. 

Lets be real we would be extremely fortunate if we got Halo 3 again

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Snipe Three said:

Lets be real we would be extremely fortunate if we got Halo 3 again

Yeah I'm sure everyone would love spawning with a gun that cant consistently hit targets past 30 ft & bloodshots when you're actually lucky enough to have the RNG spread work in your favor. 

Even ex-halo 3 pros shit on the game now. It has probably aged the worst amongst the OG trilogy in the era of fast TTKs. 

I hated H3 in 2007 and still do to this day. I proudly quit every single H3 game I got in MCC before match composer, uninstalled it immediately when the 'change installed games' feature rolled out, and wouldn't touch infinite if it was essentially a re-skinned H3 with all the same mechanics & gunplay. 

If you like that trash though, more power to you. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Yeah I'm sure everyone would love spawning with a gun that cant consistently hit targets past 30 ft & bloodshots when you're actually lucky enough to have the RNG spread work in your favor. 

Even ex-halo 3 pros shit on the game now. It has probably aged the worst amongst the OG trilogy in the era of fast TTKs. 

I hated H3 in 2007 and still do to this day. I proudly quit every single H3 game I got in MCC before match composer, uninstalled it immediately when the 'change installed games' feature rolled out, and wouldn't touch infinite if it was essentially a re-skinned H3 with all the same mechanics & gunplay. 

If you like that trash though, more power to you. 

This actually goes back pretty close to what I was saying yesterday. You don't have to personally enjoy H3 to acknowledge that more people enjoy that game than any other in the series even in 2021. We're far more likely to get an H4 later this year that lasts all of 1-3 months so if the franchise got another H3 and went back remotely close to its height in popularity that would be mind blowing.

Also you should probably give H3 on MCC a try now. Your shots connect more consistently in that game than they do in either of CE/H2 now after they actually tried fixing things. I'd agree the BR spread isn't super ideal but at this point people conceptually get mad at it and disagree with it more so than it actually impacts the reality of their games when shooting correctly on most of the competitive maps. For example there really aren't reasonable angles on Guardian or Heretic where spread is the reason your shots didn't land. You need something more extreme like cross map narrows or the few angles on the pit where you really get that kind of distance. I always get slightly annoyed by videos where you'll have someone shoot a wall like bullet magnetism doesn't exist or take a longer range and shoot at the tip of someones head for four bursts like that's the correct way of shooting in H3. The only thing that's correct for is trying to see if you'll miss. You need to shoot three at the body/neck and shoot a little higher for the neck/chin area for the fourth shot in that game and its a 4 every time with increased damage in MLG settings unless they're literally across narrows or shots don't register. Realistically the games just don't often play out at the ranges where problems are common. Yes it would be better if there simply wasn't a range like that at all but it is what it is

• Fire (+1) 1