CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

Anyone have any idea what the settings are going to be?

Obviously not 

2 hours ago, znot said:

oh yeah bro they got nothing....

thats why all the marketing after the demo was literally the demo... They didn't have anything else to show and I still stand by that statement because of this video

they were literally still really early mapping out the "swords of sanghelios" a few months before e3.... Like framerate didnt exist early...  At least most of the assets were done tho.

343 literally did the same ting this time except they didnt finish the demo lmAooo they just released it!!!

not to say this isn't normal, 3 months is actually pretty decent time if your team knows what the fuck theyre doing... but we all know...

I mean I don’t really believe you because everything in that demo worked only thing bad was the graphics. I saw nothing that sounded not working. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Xandrith said:

Live is worth the living just because He lives. Happy easter guys.

I bet Jesus is anti-sprint (he walks). Actually might be a hidden part of the Sermon on the Mount. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/3/2021 at 8:13 AM, S0UL FLAME said:

There is an abnormally large amount of content that 343 are needing to fulfill straight out the gate at launch. No other company has dug a hole as deep with how much has been willingly held back and needed to recompense. That, along with the proposed ten-year plan of constant refreshment of maps, missions, skins, or whatever, is certainly the biggest challenge of game development in history. A challenge that has only been successfully accomplished by a small handful of devs, mind you.

Halo Infinite has to launch with--

- Campaign
- Multiplayer
- Forge
- Custom Games
- Theater/Spectator
- File Browser
- Server Browser

--overflowing with polish and flair, with options and customization. And they have to proceed with further development for a decade with adding much more on top, without breaking apart.

It should come to no surprise that I have no faith in them, whatsoever. Anyone who has any faith in their capability is fooling themselves. More than ever do I believe that they are cursed.

The first 6/7 of those items was done successfully in 2007.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

The first 6/7 of those items was done successfully in 2007.

And on a 3 year dev cycle.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

343 better get all of those day 1. Honestly if not this new engine they made was a waste of time. They specifically said by Bonnie they made it so it be easier to make the game. 

4 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Yup that's why Infinite will prove one way or the other definitively if 343 will ever turn things around. Really a lot of people would call it looking at H4 or H5 or even MCC between them and I wouldn't blame them but in every instance there was some level of possible excuse. Infinite goes beyond every single excuse though they have had a totally insane amount of time to work, a wealth of experience being a studio as well as multiple projects of their own and others to look at for examples of what does and does not work. There really is nothing left on the table with Infinite they've had every opportunity and all of the time they could dream of with this game even counting the whole COVID deal even if you cut that entire year and counting out they've had more than enough time. 

If they fail it will have been for no other reason than their studio's work quality and management. I'm just worried people will try to run with some kind of COVID narrative of making it too hard to create a functional game if it does turn out poorly so I just want everyone to remember they've been working on this game for six years. The pandemic is obviously extremely unfortunate but normally they should've released this game before that even started. We should be looking at Halo 7 soon if they actually kept the traditional schedule 

Honestly I think it would've been cool to see Microsoft buy some game development from someone with a serious reputation for quality design and ask for a classic experience as a spin off or side game. Maybe even just buy the game from bungie to get a 2020s comparison to 343. I'd pull up a seat and some popcorn to see those comparisons. I think many people don't realize just how well made bungie games were/are and how much that contributed to all of their games success outside of just the gameplay design and decisions. That super functional working game underneath everything they do goes a long fucking way. In recent years we've really lost that trust where even if you didn't enjoy the games you knew it was going to work or be fixed to work ASAP

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2021 at 2:03 AM, Rdispushedback said:

There is still a huge demand for Halo. Probably bigger than CoD. Halo just doesn't have a good game developer.

You're cooked.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, S0UL FLAME said:

There is an abnormally large amount of content that 343 are needing to fulfill straight out the gate at launch. No other company has dug a hole as deep with how much has been willingly held back and needed to recompense. That, along with the proposed ten-year plan of constant refreshment of maps, missions, skins, or whatever, is certainly the biggest challenge of game development in history. A challenge that has only been successfully accomplished by a small handful of devs, mind you.

- Campaign
- Multiplayer
- Forge
- Custom Games
- Theater/Spectator
- File Browser
- Server Browser

--overflowing with polish and flair, with options and customization. And they have to proceed with further development for a decade with adding much more on top, without breaking apart.

It should come to no surprise that I have no faith in them, whatsoever. Anyone who has any faith in their capability is fooling themselves. More than ever do I believe that they are cursed.

The worst part is, and this really is the worst part, these features aren't difficult. I have been playing a brand new indie game that is an RTS/FPS Hybrid made by 7 people and it has one of the best observer modes I've seen in my entire life. 

Seven people made that game. This shit isn't hard, they're just bad at it. They couldn't even get aiming right on an FPS.

I see many people that are so incredibly anti something that when I ask them what they're actually for they say "not this". Cool way to live. I don't give a shit what you hate, I want to know what you like. But they don't like anything, they just like hating.

I feel 343 is like this. They've spent so long trying desperately to "not be Bungie Halo" that now with an entire generation between Bungie Halo and now they've realised they don't have any vision whatsoever and Infinite is the product of that identity crisis. They're trying to drag old fans into the new game with a taste of cLaSsIc ArTsTyLe but appeal to new gamers who don't give a shit about Halo and they'll fail at both as usual.

• Like (+1) 5

47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

You're cooked.

The worst part is, and this really is the worst part, these features aren't difficult. I have been playing a brand new indie game that is an RTS/FPS Hybrid made by 7 people and it has one of the best observer modes I've seen in my entire life. 

Seven people made that game. This shit isn't hard, they're just bad at it. They couldn't even get aiming right on an FPS.

I see many people that are so incredibly anti something that when I ask them what they're actually for they say "not this". Cool way to live. I don't give a shit what you hate, I want to know what you like. But they don't like anything, they just like hating.

I feel 343 is like this. They've spent so long trying desperately to "not be Bungie Halo" that now with an entire generation between Bungie Halo and now they've realised they don't have any vision whatsoever and Infinite is the product of that identity crisis. They're try to drag old fans into the new game with a taste of cLaSsIc ArTsTyLe but appeal to new gamers who don't give a shit about Halo and they'll fail at both as usual.

This is honestly a solid point. 343 failed hard with h5 but h4 showed us in terms of content and what not they can get it right. 
lmao halos demand is shit that dude is high.

you’re not wrong that people look for what they don’t like more but that’s not a bad thing. People will play what brings the good times no one deep down wants to speak about what they liked I think. I mean people talk more about shit that sucks or annoys them on average so I wouldn’t think about it too much in that regard. 343 has shown a lot of incompetence based on that one fact. The aiming didn’t work. No one who plays a shooter could say aiming in that game worked. I was watching a video gameplay from the pro Saiyan or frosty I can’t remember, and his teammate said “I can’t move my Aimer” there should never EVER be a moment like that in a FPS game. I’ve said it before but even casuals noticed h5s aim issues but never knew what it was. Many on waypoint and Reddit just thought it was a coincidence how if they played call of duty or any other shooter for a day that they couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn and people using excuses that halo just takes a shit ton more skill to aim, no the aiming was just garbage! 
halo infinite needs to launch with a lot of content that is for sure. A game with a shit launch usually isn’t able to comeback. Only exception I think of is Star Wars BF2

Halo infinite needs a lot of casual stuff but a good competitive scene. There should be a max of 3-4 rank playlist. 
1. Arena(hcs) 

2. Doubles(tournaments for this would be a great idea as halos always had a huge doubles scene and if it had its own pro league viewers would be interested although 4s would have higher clearly doubles still deserves some love) 

3. Lone wolves(6) 
4. Solo/duo que arena 

social needs a lot of fun modes. I think casual stuff like multi team, race from reach needs to return. Social playlist at launch need to be 

team slayer, team swat, team snipers, action sack, infection, multi team, ffa 8 man, grif ball(there’s a strong community for this) 

13 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I have been playing a brand new indie game that is an RTS/FPS Hybrid made by 7 people

Curious, which game? 

No game play between the shitshow last year and e3 this year is galling

It still blows my mind that they soft rebooted the series 2 years after a successful title, which itself came out 3 years after its predecessor, just like that one did, AND the one before that.

Just now, Mr Grim said:

It still blows my mind that they soft rebooted the series 2 years after a successful title, which itself came out 3 years after its predecessor, just like that ones did, AND the one before that.

They soft rebooted their entire studio

On 4/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, S0UL FLAME said:

- Campaign
- Multiplayer
- Forge
- Custom Games
- Theater/Spectator
- File Browser
- Server Browser

Don't forget SOCIAL FEATURES! pls!

It has to be easy and simple for players to add each other, to view friends lists at any time, and to view file shares. I'm pretty sure these are known issues with mcc on pc. Some sort of community hub, some way to get ppl to talk frequently in matchmaking again, and steam workshop for maps/gametypes/skins would be nice too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

No game play between the shitshow last year and e3 this year is galling

We’re not getting gameplay again until e3 most likely 

1 hour ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Don't forget SOCIAL FEATURES! pls!

It has to be easy and simple for players to add each other, to view friends lists at any time, and to view file shares. I'm pretty sure these are known issues with mcc on pc. Some sort of community hub, some way to get ppl to talk frequently in matchmaking again, and steam workshop for maps/gametypes/skins would be nice too.

1 the file share and friends system 100%. H5 did this decent but so far reach holds the #1 spot in this regard. 
2. Getting people to talk would be to provide incentives to talk. 
3. Steam workshop would more or less be for mods if they’ll allow such a thing. It would be neat if they do what mcc does and have a separate version with anti cheat off but no mm allowed. 

h5 ui wasn’t good but it’s beta Ui was great in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Yo anybody got any crisp leaks they wanna share?

My AC has a freon leak.  I'll gladly give it to you.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Yo anybody got any crisp leaks they wanna share?

The Flood are in Infinite.

43 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The Flood are in Infinite.

Lmao I hope that’s true. They’re honestly why I like infinite campaign. They’re like zombies but fully intelligent and full evil. There’s some part of them that believes it is just or evolution, but deep down knows that’s a load of horseshit. Man imagine a horror tv series of the flood. There’s that bloody comic with voice overs is a good example of what they could do. 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Lmao I hope that’s true. They’re honestly why I like infinite campaign. They’re like zombies but fully intelligent and full evil. There’s some part of them that believes it is just or evolution, but deep down knows that’s a load of horseshit. Man imagine a horror tv series of the flood. There’s that bloody comic with voice overs is a good example of what they could do. 

So they're like the Zerg who are like the Tyranids who are like the bugs from Starship Troopers

2 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

So they're like the Zerg who are like the Tyranids who are like the bugs from Starship Troopers

Idk who the Zerg or tyrandids are. The flood are interesting now they want to consume the whole galaxy/universe because they were once the gods of the universe and when their creations rebelled they turned into the flood to prevent rebellion ever again

• WutFace (+0) 1