CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

The halo 5 pistol is the 2nd best utility, which is a shame cause that means halo has a serious dearth of good utilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of my major gripes with the halo campaigns is the lack of proactive enemies. Play doom after halo, and you'll surely notice that you are constantly in action, constantly making decisions. 

That's why I liked the 3 way flood and covenant fights in CE. Shame 343 probably aren't going to have them because they want to "focus on the battle between the banished and the UNSC forces".

• Like (+1) 1

A big component of why CE's enemies are fun to fight is because you have to actually aim at them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

10 hours ago, hvs500 said:

One of my major gripes with the halo campaigns is the lack of proactive enemies. Play doom after halo, and you'll surely notice that you are constantly in action, constantly making decisions. 

That's why I liked the 3 way flood and covenant fights in CE. Shame 343 probably aren't going to have them because they want to "focus on the battle between the banished and the UNSC forces".

I don't think the 2-weapon limit leads itself to a fun single player game. Higher difficulties practically require you to have a noob combo if you don't want to spend 30 seconds fighting one enemy. Even weapons like rockets are total garbage in some of the games, when they won't even pop an Elite's shields. No reason to ever pick one up when the most common enemy drops ammo for the plasma pistol.

• Like (+1) 1

There is an abnormally large amount of content that 343 are needing to fulfill straight out the gate at launch. No other company has dug a hole as deep with how much has been willingly held back and needed to recompense. That, along with the proposed ten-year plan of constant refreshment of maps, missions, skins, or whatever, is certainly the biggest challenge of game development in history. A challenge that has only been successfully accomplished by a small handful of devs, mind you.

Halo Infinite has to launch with--

- Campaign
- Multiplayer
- Forge
- Custom Games
- Theater/Spectator
- File Browser
- Server Browser

--overflowing with polish and flair, with options and customization. And they have to proceed with further development for a decade with adding much more on top, without breaking apart.

It should come to no surprise that I have no faith in them, whatsoever. Anyone who has any faith in their capability is fooling themselves. More than ever do I believe that they are cursed.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

There is an abnormally large amount of content that 343 are needing to fulfill straight out the gate at launch. No other company has dug a hole as deep with how much has been willingly held back and needed to recompense. That, along with the proposed ten-year plan of constant refreshment of maps, missions, skins, or whatever, is certainly the biggest challenge of game development in history. A challenge that has only been successfully accomplished by a small handful of devs, mind you.

Halo Infinite has to launch with--

- Campaign
- Multiplayer
- Forge
- Custom Games
- Theater/Spectator
- File Browser
- Server Browser

--overflowing with polish and flair, with options and customization. And they have to proceed with further development for a decade with adding much more on top, without breaking apart.

It should come to no surprise that I have no faith in them, whatsoever. Anyone who has any faith in their capability is fooling themselves. More than ever do I believe that they are cursed.

You posted what the game needs to launch with. What it will launch with:

- campaign 

- multiplayer/custom games

- Microtransactions

- A promise to bring new content in monthly

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

343 I feel is really doing bad on the marketing. We’ve just learned about the audio of the game. I won’t underestimate that audio cam have a major impact on a games success. However we still haven’t seen, MP, forge, custom browser etc. these things need to be shown. We need the other two at “launch”. 343 failed hard with h5s launch with the huge lack of content and they need advertise this stuff. How many more months do we have? It’s April right now so this month to November that’s 8 more months, of content updates they can make. At least two or 3 months before November is when flights should begin(hopefully). I sure hope 343 devs aren’t being lazy and understand they have a deadline. Don’t pull no 2nd delay on us. 

42 minutes ago, znot said:

MP and forge arent launching with campaign. watch

Only unrealistic part is MP. But forge is possible. 
I really feel these last three months January-March just aren’t good enough. What can they show this month? I can tell they’re going the start slow then make it big route. Tell the less interesting stuff first, then good shit later. Now a server browser could be a possible info dump but, forge definitely, mp yeah, oh btb 2.0 but that would probably be talked about after mp reveal. I swear they really don’t have a lot. Maybe a talk about infinites progression system. Remember multiplayer ain’t being shown until June(my theory but I’m positive about it because e3) 

Theres a game build issue that needs to be fixed but from what I've seen 343 is incapable when it comes to creating that legitimate Halo experience people want.

Horrible designers

The game doesn't feel exciting as it does a game with Halo on the box if you know what I mean

I mean look at this. Imagine all the potential complaints people are going to have about it.

qcn7fackgoc51.png

When this shit ruins everyone's clips it will be a comedy of its own but look its not okay. 343 should not be trolling Halo or sabotaging it from with in the game.

31 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

The game doesn't feel exciting as it does a game with Halo on the box if you know what I mean

I mean look at this. Imagine all the potential complaints people are going to have about it.

qcn7fackgoc51.png

I just noticed the shield charging hexagons are behind the AR lmao

• Like (+1) 5

25 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I just noticed the shield charging hexagons are behind the AR lmao

That was a major complaint from people 

When this shit ruins everyone's clips it will be a comedy of its own but look its not okay. 343 should not be trolling Halo or sabotaging it from with in the game.

343 offers a gaming experience of poor quality.

What type of multi-player experience can 343 improve on i think is out of the question when they can't even get small details correct.

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

343 I feel is really doing bad on the marketing. We’ve just learned about the audio of the game. I won’t underestimate that audio cam have a major impact on a games success. However we still haven’t seen, MP, forge, custom browser etc. these things need to be shown. We need the other two at “launch”. 343 failed hard with h5s launch with the huge lack of content and they need advertise this stuff. How many more months do we have? It’s April right now so this month to November that’s 8 more months, of content updates they can make. At least two or 3 months before November is when flights should begin(hopefully). I sure hope 343 devs aren’t being lazy and understand they have a deadline. Don’t pull no 2nd delay on us. 

Its too early for them to really be doing all of that and they derailed their own marketing. You can buy Halo Infinite poptart boxes right now and it makes no sense. They'll ramp up everything for ~3 months before release 

2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Its too early for them to really be doing all of that and they derailed their own marketing. You can buy Halo Infinite poptart boxes right now and it makes no sense. They'll ramp up everything for ~3 months before release 

Why is it too early? I’d say start now before you get to that point where you’re like “shit what do I post” 

Beyond the tweet from Tashi about the first event being this year, there's been no real substantial updates. Sound is cool and all and very important, but there's been a lot of words with no real info given.

57 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Why is it too early? I’d say start now before you get to that point where you’re like “shit what do I post” 

That won't happen they have a schedule to let people know about the game early enough to be excited for it but late enough to avoid too much critical thinking on the part of potential customers 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

ppl have been saying MS is targeting marketing closer to release, not just halo but most of their IPs. Gears 5.... idk any other IPs or the legitimacy of that claim

but to me it doesn't sound smart, but to their credit ppl do have short attention spans. If you market too early and dont keep up the steam ppl could forget. so I get them wanting to go all in a few months before, but still seems silly.

5 hours ago, znot said:

ppl have been saying MS is targeting marketing closer to release, not just halo but most of their IPs. Gears 5.... idk any other IPs or the legitimacy of that claim

but to me it doesn't sound smart, but to their credit ppl do have short attention spans. If you market too early and dont keep up the steam ppl could forget. so I get them wanting to go all in a few months before, but still seems silly.

It’s not really what I’m talking about. 343 promised a monthly update but they also have that talk to 343 YouTube stream so I can only imagine what they can post in 8 months time. That’s how many more updates they have. Critical thinking customers is going to happen anyway if they bust out the insider builds in July-October. Questions that need to be asked in Q/As are how many game types at launch, and what are they? 

• Like (+1) 1

343 isn't fit for the work that's required in this industry to maintain a brand continuously, successfully and for their game to succeed.

Halo could be proving to be much too big of a game for these replacement devs.. 

15 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

It’s not really what I’m talking about. 343 promised a monthly update but they also have that talk to 343 YouTube stream so I can only imagine what they can post in 8 months time. That’s how many more updates they have. Critical thinking customers is going to happen anyway if they bust out the insider builds in July-October. Questions that need to be asked in Q/As are how many game types at launch, and what are they? 

oh yeah bro they got nothing....

thats why all the marketing after the demo was literally the demo... They didn't have anything else to show and I still stand by that statement because of this video

they were literally still really early mapping out the "swords of sanghelios" a few months before e3.... Like framerate didnt exist early...  At least most of the assets were done tho.

343 literally did the same ting this time except they didnt finish the demo lmAooo they just released it!!!

not to say this isn't normal, 3 months is actually pretty decent time if your team knows what the fuck theyre doing... but we all know...