Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time as you argue with morons on teambeyond.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hvs500 said:

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time as you argue with morons on teambeyond.

there's no other place i'd rather be

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/31/2021 at 7:34 PM, Rdispushedback said:

If Halo Infinite doesn't have a BR based game design i sware... Im calling 911 to report a murder.

I'm sure the multiplayer will be balanced around the BR so don't worry

  • Hooked 1

Share this post


Link to post

Bungey good:cool:

Reasons-

4sk BATTLE RIFLE:angry::angry::angry:

It go BRRRRR BRRRRRRR BRRRRRR:heart::heart::heart:

Master chief!!!! With a... BR?!:ace::ace::ace:

  • Simms (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

3bad3 bad:stern:

Reason-

5sk PISTOL???!!!🤪🤪🤪🤪

It go pew pew pew like wtf where is my BRRRR BRRRR BRRR man??!!!!:lxthul::lxthul::lxthul:

Mater chiuf out here with a pistol looking like what is this? CS Go of duty 6 seige battlefield:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:rekt:

  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

I swear some of you guys go full autismo sometimes...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Save the keyboard.

Its an educated observation. Make a point here. If your going to go insane here take it elsewhere.

There isn't any integrity left in this game. Theres not any amount of money they can throw at Halo pros that will make them play.

That shits bad.

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Seriously though they did treat the pro Halo players pretty poorly throughout this entire Infinite saga. It probably wasn't intentional but imagine baiting orgs into putting teams on contracts etc and then just not actually releasing a game. I'm sure they (the orgs) had an internal conversation with 343 or the players and that's why the orgs started picking up teams to begin with when there wasn't much/any public information. They slightly poisoned the well before the game even released. If I were a pro player I'd be pissed that this is now a consideration for orgs when I'm trying to sell myself/my team to them

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Seriously though they did treat the pro Halo players pretty poorly throughout this entire Infinite saga. It probably wasn't intentional but imagine baiting orgs into putting teams on contracts etc and then just not actually releasing a game. I'm sure they (the orgs) had an internal conversation with 343 or the players and that's why the orgs started picking up teams to begin with when there wasn't much/any public information. They slightly poisoned the well before the game even released. If I were a pro player I'd be pissed that this is now a consideration for orgs when I'm trying to sell myself/my team to them

Well the problem is 343 apparently needed a serious overhaul. If they didn’t delay it as far as they had shit would’ve sucked hard I guess. I wish they had gone along with a MP release date and a campaign as separate. I mean come on, how many actually play the campaign? Idk about halo but I know for a fact cods campaign plays are relatively low compared to multiplayer and I bet you it’s the same for halo. 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Well the problem is 343 apparently needed a serious overhaul. If they didn’t delay it as far as they had shit would’ve sucked hard I guess. I wish they had gone along with a MP release date and a campaign as separate. I mean come on, how many actually play the campaign? Idk about halo but I know for a fact cods campaign plays are relatively low compared to multiplayer and I bet you it’s the same for halo. 

I would agree with you but remember how much flack CoD got when BO4 didn't have a campaign. There are a lot of people that don't mind spending $60 to play a sub-par 4-6 hour campaign. And they never play it again. I don't try to understand it but it's a giant market that you don't want to piss off.

And hopefully 343 has learned to not release their games in parts. Halo 5 shipping without Forge, BTB, Infection, KOTH, etc. was a hammer to H5's knees. The same with MCC and no custom game browser (on top of all the other launch issues).

343 cannot handle another rocky launch.

Share this post


Link to post

343 cannot fill Bungies shoes.

To keep this into context.

When has there ever been a legend that didn't want to continue pursuing being legendary.

<Walshy> <FB>

The Halo community has become deaf sheep. Much to the likes of 343s doing. But they arnt all to blame. The community is guilty almost as much as these game breaking developers.

When controversial topics became what they were before they became as such. People were fighting the details instead of the overall game being broken.

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't been on here in a while. I used to be very active years ago. I don't have a lot of confidence in Infinite. I think it will get big numbers and I'm sure 343 will brag about the "most players ever playing a Halo game" despite it being free but that's besides the point.

The largest problem for 343 is creating relevance. Halo 5 talk/hype was carried by millennials, who were already playing games less and less. That was 6 years ago. Gen Z looks at Halo like millennials looked at Quake, an old-school shooter that's somehow still walking. A lot of people will play the MP because it's free (or on Game Pass) but we'll really see how successful it is after CoD and Siege start their new seasons. Infinite will have a giant population drop after that and who knows if they're coming back.

One thing is for sure, with Infinite being a GaaS, if this game bombs then the series is dead. There will be no "oh just wait a few years for the next game." No, this is it. Infinite is their 10 year plan. And by bomb, I mean it having the population that MCC has now. Where I can't find a game on a Tuesday afternoon. Or even on Saturdays, I get matched up with the same party over and over again. Where people in the EU are begging 343 to let them play with NA because they can hardly play on week days.

I don't think 343 is ready to release something this bold...but they are.

We'll see...

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, EagleBurn said:

I haven't been on here in a while. I used to be very active years ago. I don't have a lot of confidence in Infinite. I think it will get big numbers and I'm sure 343 will brag about the "most players ever playing a Halo game" despite it being free but that's besides the point.

The largest problem for 343 is creating relevance. Halo 5 talk/hype was carried by millennials, who were already playing games less and less. That was 6 years ago. Gen Z looks at Halo like millennials looked at Quake, an old-school shooter that's somehow still walking. A lot of people will play the MP because it's free (or on Game Pass) but we'll really see how successful it is after CoD and Siege start their new seasons. Infinite will have a giant population drop after that and who knows if they're coming back.

One thing is for sure, with Infinite being a GaaS, if this game bombs then the series is dead. There will be no "oh just wait a few years for the next game." No, this is it. Infinite is their 10 year plan. And by bomb, I mean it having the population that MCC has now. Where I can't find a game on a Tuesday afternoon. Or even on Saturdays, I get matched up with the same party over and over again. Where people in the EU are begging 343 to let them play with NA because they can hardly play on week days.

I don't think 343 is ready to release something this bold...but they are.

We'll see...

I really don't think it has anything to do with generations or whatever. Honestly I think the game lives or dies based on the actual gameplay quality. Halo isn't a series that won't have a platform or massive marketing budget like some kind of indie title. Its going to hit the desktop and console of tons and tons of people and have a marketing budget from Microsoft. The game actually has to be fun for those people to stay though so if it fails that's the singular reason they have no excuses left whatsoever after this long a dev cycle and the backing and name recognition they're playing with.

The series brand itself, the backing, all of the groundwork etc has been done for them. This game should be the easiest layup ever for 343. They have such an easy job compared to any developer trying to make their own game or succeed on their own from the ground up. If they fail they honestly probably deserve more flaming than they'll get despite all of this pretty much amounting to an even bigger stage to fail on if it goes that way

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I really don't think it has anything to do with generations or whatever. Honestly I think the game lives or dies based on the actual gameplay quality. Halo isn't a series that won't have a platform or massive marketing budget like some kind of indie title. Its going to hit the desktop and console of tons and tons of people and have a marketing budget from Microsoft. The game actually has to be fun for those people to stay though so if it fails that's the singular reason they have no excuses left whatsoever after this long a dev cycle and the backing and name recognition they're playing with.

The series brand itself, the backing, all of the groundwork etc has been done for them. This game should be the easiest layup ever for 343. They have such an easy job compared to any developer trying to make their own game or succeed on their own. If they fail they honestly probably deserve more flaming than they'll get

H4 was in the same spot and they still messed that up. 343 can't help themselves. Making a good Halo game means making a game closer to Bungie's vision which at this point, is contradictory to 343's changes with Halo 4 & 5. I hope 343 swallowed their pride when making Infinite or we're going to see similar patterns in population drops. You're right that a Halo game should be a layup especially with MS's marketing machine but 343 has proven to us time and time again that they lack proper vision for what an FPS should be. They're not focused at all. Halo 5 felt like Frankenstein's monster of every FPS on the market.

Infinite needs to tone the series down, not add more. I'm concerned that 343 is going to keep digging their hole of changing things up for the sake of change instead of building a ladder to get out.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, EagleBurn said:

H4 was in the same spot and they still messed that up. 343 can't help themselves. Making a good Halo game means making a game closer to Bungie's vision which at this point, is contradictory to 343's changes with Halo 4 & 5. I hope 343 swallowed their pride when making Infinite or we're going to see similar patterns in population drops. You're right that a Halo game should be a layup especially with MS's marketing machine but 343 has proven to us time and time again that they lack proper vision for what an FPS should be. They're not focused at all. Halo 5 felt like Frankenstein's monster of every FPS on the market.

i remember thinking h5 wouldn't have descope. because it would be moronic to have Reach (descope) then h4 (no descope) then h5 (back to descope). I thought they were so set in their ways and wanted to avoid the "we messed up"  and contradict themselves removing it in h4... 

 

Also the fact that it's ADS. but here we are, descope in halo 5 and H2A. I was pleasantly surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, EagleBurn said:

H4 was in the same spot and they still messed that up. 343 can't help themselves. Making a good Halo game means making a game closer to Bungie's vision which at this point, is contradictory to 343's changes with Halo 4 & 5. I hope 343 swallowed their pride when making Infinite or we're going to see similar patterns in population drops. You're right that a Halo game should be a layup especially with MS's marketing machine but 343 has proven to us time and time again that they lack proper vision for what an FPS should be. They're not focused at all. Halo 5 felt like Frankenstein's monster of every FPS on the market.

Yeah I'm just hoping now that they're many years deep as a studio with an unprecedented amount of time to develop a Halo game and all of the data they got from H4/H5/MCC/Reach vs the original trilogy they'll have finally put it together. If they can't after all of that then nothing will save the series other than Microsoft creating a new studio

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, znot said:

i remember thinking h5 wouldn't have descope. because it would be moronic to have Reach (descope) then h4 (no descope) then h5 (back to descope). I thought they were so set in their ways and wanted to avoid the "we messed up"  and contradict themselves removing it in h4... 

 

Also the fact that it's ADS. but here we are, descope in halo 5 and H2A. I was pleasantly surprised.

Descope was nice but adding ADS but then re-adding descope is 2 steps back and 1 step forward.

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah I'm just hoping now that they're many years deep as a studio with an unprecedented amount of time to develop a Halo game and all of the data they got from H4/H5/MCC/Reach vs the original trilogy they'll have finally put it together. If they can't after all of that then nothing will save the series other than Microsoft creating a new studio

343 should have been repurposed after H5. If Infinite falls into irrelevancy 6 months after launch, MS is going to call it and move on, or at least wait a while before doing a reboot with another studio.

Regardless, if Infinite doesn't work out, we're going to be mighty old before the next attempt lol.

Share this post


Link to post

The rogue player experience created with in their Halo game doesn't grasp the experience Halo created previously. For the many people that played Halo. That's all it took. They didn't care about the reputation Halo has or that the game says Halo on the box. They played because it was a fun game. Not everyone was tied into the politics with Halo in the game industry or with the competitive side of Halo. Halos marketed consumer is adults and most adults don't feel the insecurity to feel cool so clout isnt why they are buying the game.. This game design failure is the main issue and main cause of an absent population. It affects the population greatly. There is no window for failure in this regard as far as Halo is concerned. 343 is a failure and there is no way around it.

Share this post


Link to post

Halo Infinite will probably do well because of Halo IP + F2P alone, the long-term health of the game almost solely depends on the matchmaking grindability and frequent content additions. 

The game will probably not be anywhere near peak competitive Halo and will likely be filled with dumb shit but it's not gonna be unsuccessful by any means. 

Unless they do something particularly stupid or leave the game unplayable for several months, they should do well. 

By my own forecast, it'll pull at least near-prime-H5-plus numbers for 1-2 years after launch. I have no fucking clue how they intend to maintain a playerbase after that, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, EagleBurn said:

The largest problem for 343 is creating relevance. Halo 5 talk/hype was carried by millennials, who were already playing games less and less. That was 6 years ago. Gen Z looks at Halo like millennials looked at Quake, an old-school shooter that's somehow still walking. A lot of people will play the MP because it's free (or on Game Pass) but we'll really see how successful it is after CoD and Siege start their new seasons. Infinite will have a giant population drop after that and who knows if they're coming back.
 

I don't associate myself with Zoomers but the Quake comparison feels like it is probably on point. Because of the F2P multiplayer I don't think the game will ever really be "dead," but It'll be fascinating to see if it can hold the attention of a large amount of people for more than the first month it releases. More important than getting the attention of the the tikTok generation though is grabbing the attention of the PC player base. You can't underestimate the power of a few dozen large streamers consistently playing your game. 

If campaign expansions are also part of the 10 year plan they supposedly have, I think the game will be successful regardless of if the multiplayer catches on. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.