CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

32 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Yeah I wouldn't ever really say I'm a campaign guy its just the more interesting/exciting to me as a new game so far. I'll doubtless spend many many more hours in MP. I also agree that I don't really hate H5 mechanically. I do think maybe its a little too cluttered on a console but my huge tilt with that game was the aiming over everything else. I definitely do prefer classic Halo but realistically I don't think I'm going to get a new one of those

Exactly. And I think unless we got a classic halo with projectile shooting it just wouldn’t be fun, it’d suck. Infinite I’m glad only has basic traits that I can find in every game and not something annoying like thruster. Sprint clamber & slide that’s all people need. On another note I’ve never thought of it too much regarding redundant weaponry. Sometimes it’s just fun using a carbine because of the fast ROF, the appearance 
tbh I’ll only be interested in infinite story if the flood return. They’re such a major threat and are very fun to fight. Promethions are widely disliked by majority of the community because of their bullet spongeyness. I’d really like them gone or that to go away. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys want the ability to drop your equipped weapon, right?  You would like it if the “drop weapon” function was mapped to “hold Y”?  

54 minutes ago, Boyo said:

You guys want the ability to drop your equipped weapon, right?  You would like it if the “drop weapon” function was mapped to “hold Y”?  

Personally I've never reallyyy wanted this. Situationally sometimes I'd probably just toss someone rockets if I had rocket/snipe if I could even without a BR around to pick up but the situations where I really just can't find a weapon to trade with are very rare. Hell just dropping someone weapons doesn't come up that often to begin with

I think if someone could get a really solid button for it, like on the dpad somewhere, I'd be fine with it but its so irrelevant that I wouldn't want to lose any valuable real estate on the controller

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

dropping someone weapons doesn't come up that often to begin with

Do you think if there were a drop weapon function that maps could be designed to take advantage of it?  

We could create situations where it is more advantageous for a team to pass a weapon than to have the player who picked it up hold onto it.  For example, sniper spawn isn’t a good place to snipe from but is still an important location to hold so one player picks up the sniper, tosses it into a man cannon or off a ledge so that his teammate can grab it while he stays to hold the sniper spawn position.  

Weapon drop causing delay to yying is what I live for. Kind of like meleeing in Halo 5 when you jump and punch, the game checks for ground pound lmao

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Weapon drop causing delay to yying is what I live for. Kind of like meleeing in Halo 5 when you jump and punch, the game checks for ground pound lmao

Mapping a weapon drop function to “hold Y” is not comparable to your “melee or ground pound while airborne melee” example.  Pressing Y, whether tap or hold, causes the weapon to lower.  This delay/animation gives the game time to check for tap or hold.  

Melee needs to occur immediately upon button press and there is no time to check for a hold so mapping a ground pound function to “hold melee while airborne” forces the game to introduce a delay on airborne melee or else it would override ground pound every time (cuz tap comes before hold).  

Game 11, Lxthul tries yying with snipe, throws it off the map because he held the button slightly too long. They lose. 

The dream. 

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe something like holding Y and then shooting to drop a weapon.

It's an interesting thought, but could be very frustrating depending on the maps.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Because halo isn’t quake. Halo has more weapons than quake. Quake has 8 weapons and halo has more than that normally 

And how many of them actually matter?

Let's be real here, it isn't hard to come up with a unique weapon, ask boyo.

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Game 11, Lxthul tries yying with snipe, throws it off the map because he held the button slightly too long. They lose. 

The dream. 

y would you yy when u can do something equally useless like zoom zoom 

4 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Why weapon dropping? Weapon throwing seems way more fun and skillful. 

YEET

• Like (+1) 4

I think the real problem underlying all of the weapon drop or new mechanics is that controllers do not comfortably have enough buttons. You quickly need paddles or something if you depart from a classic Halo experience or to play on mouse/keyboard. Its about time for buttons on the bottom of controllers to become normal and their own input rather than more convenient face buttons if they're really trying to put shit like this into console games

Developers have to start respecting the platform that they're designing around. If the answer to playing competitively is buying a custom controller you're wrong as the developer. I know they probably want to just sell elite controllers for MS but if those paddles etc are actually an improvement they should just be on the plastic controllers too. 

7 hours ago, hvs500 said:

And how many of them actually matter?

Let's be real here, it isn't hard to come up with a unique weapon, ask boyo.

There’s uniqueness and ridiculousness 

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

know they probably want to just sell elite controllers for MS but if those paddles etc are actually an improvement they should just be on the plastic controllers too. 

You just answered your own comment. They want sell more elites. There’s plenty of third party controllers that have paddles and what not. Heck’s I have a powera controller that’s 80$ and it’s awesome. It’s got paddles, trigger stops etc. powera has greatly improved their products over the years. Only downside is it’s wired only but I play wired all the time anyway to get less input lag. 
with that aside selling normal 60$ controllers with back buttons or paddles loses them $$. M$ saw how successful scuf was so they decided to enter the game. Deep down we shouldn’t have to resort to third party controllers, nor should we have to pay 150$+ but because there’s thousands that do prices don’t drop. To get every feature of an elite scuf is 200$ 

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Master Chief yells "YEET!" every time he throws the weapon. This is the future.

Bro i actually really want this. I posted before about it.... It could be a legit mechanic...

Only viable on empty weapons though... Hold  RT (fire) + LT (grenade)  and the gun will be thrown at the enemy. it would ONLY work on empty weapons so the chances of it happening elsewhere is mitigated. Since your gun is empty you can just HOLD the RT ( cause nothing will happen) and when the grenade button is pressed the game knows what you want.

As for shields I'd say it should be worth 1 BR burst, maybe 25% shields. Maybe 15%-20%

aecdf3ca1d822a307e4e3036d61e7cbe.gif

343 hire me. actually no dont

• Like (+1) 1

Infinite needs to be like h5 where it’s dedicated servers everything mm, campaign and custom games, however they need to be better and tick rates at least 60 or more. Be awesome if it was 128 but that’s asking for a lot. One thing h5 achieved was a no lag experience in campaign which no halo has done before. The dedicated servers helped a bunch and it’s unfortunate how Coop was ruined in mcc because of the games shit netcode 

Why do they take all day posting a blog? Do they wait until the day of to write it? 

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Why do they take all day posting a blog? Do they wait until the day of to write it? 

On their list of "important things to do," I'd imagine the blog is fairly low.

On 3/24/2021 at 3:31 PM, Boyo said:

100% on board with the idea of weapon drop but  not with "Hold Y". Like others have stated, it'd probably cause some sort of Halo 5 ground pound latency situation. 

D-Pad would be fine. 

• "As Playtest Lead, I'm privileged to spend a lot of time playing Halo Infinite with folks in the studio. We believe it's important for everyone working on this game to spend as much time playing it as possible, and it's a great way to unwind. We regularly invite our most competitive devs to join our Pro Team for a no-holds-barred recurring playtest where they "treat the match like we're post-launch and you need to win like you need oxygen." This group plays several times a week at the end of the day, and regularly spends hours grinding out the sweatiest playtest games I've ever seen, and then follow that up by spending a couple more hours providing in-depth feedback on the most competitive elements of Infinite’s multiplayer. It's incredibly inspiring to work with people who love our game so much, they're willing to follow up a full workday of making Infinite with several additional hours of this kind of intense playtesting.” - Tobias Osterhaug, Playtest Lead

Good to know they at least pretend to listen to Pro Team.  :hooked:

• Hooked 2