Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Hecks, this is why we call you willfully ignorant.  

I mean I’m not going to take it as an insult because it’s true. I’m not going to get all deep into it like you or soul. Sure if it was my job or something I would but it’s not. I’m no YouTuber. But what have you done to improve things for halo, the answer is nothing. Heck’s the only one here who’s done shit for halo is multi in the map making department 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I mean I’m not going to take it as an insult because it’s true. I’m not going to get all deep into it like you or soul. Sure if it was my job or something I would but it’s not. I’m no YouTuber. But what have you done to improve things for halo, the answer is nothing 

Then don't discuss game design maybe.

Argument from authority. You don't need to be a game developer to talk design.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

Then don't discuss game design maybe.

Argument from authority. You don't need to be a game developer to talk design.

It’s ok to discuss it but don’t call me willfully ignorant if I’m not going to look into every detail about the game. You don’t so what’s your excuse pal? Most here haven’t except like 3 people 

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

But what have you done to improve things for halo, the answer is nothing.

Once halo becomes a game worth the effort, I'll be sure to contribute more. 

Really though, the fans who go out of their way to voice their indifference to horrible game mechanics (you fall into this group) have hurt halo much more than helped. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Once halo becomes a game worth the effort, I'll be sure to contribute more. 

Really though, the fans who go out of their way to voice their indifference to horrible game mechanics (you fall into this group) have hurt halo much more than helped. 

Dude you have disagreed with everything added into halo post ce, you are far from a good example of helping anything. If I recall you said a long time ago you don’t have a pc or console to play halo anymore, so why do you discuss the game? 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

You keep on defending sprint, long TTKs and every other mechanic that have tanked this franchise over the last decade, I'm sure the population will come back. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

This forum needs the best rule from the previous forum I frequented.

"Do not reply to terrible posts."

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It’s ok to discuss it but don’t call me willfully ignorant if I’m not going to look into every detail about the game. You don’t so what’s your excuse pal? Most here haven’t except like 3 people 

You don't need to. You just need to you know, have some basic idea of game design. You don't, that's quite evident from your opinions on quake. Mate I don't hate you, I don't have your face on a speed bag, but you need to work on this shit. And this does not only apply to the tightly knit community of teambeyond.com, it has real world applications too. I swear man, life would've been so so much better if the young hvs500 knew how to shut the fuck up.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

You keep on defending sprint, long TTKs and every other mechanic that have tanked this franchise over the last decade, I'm sure the population will come back. 

I’ve never defended sprint I’ve simply acknowledged it’ll never go away. Unless you count moments where I’ve said sprints ok in btb. Long TTK, dude anything longer than .3 seconds is long to you so I can’t say anything.halo isn’t even known for a short TTK except one game. I’ve acknowledged a fast TTK is a good thing, I’ve even said 1 second be perfect but you’re like, “nope too long”  It’s going to be f2p so it’ll be higher than we’ve had in the past decade.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Boyo said:

In order to disagree with your wild assertion, I have to go run lobbies on your Halo 5 forge maps?  
 

Did anyone make any good maps before Halo 5?

No in order to agree with us you  just need to think of the simplest possible thing that hasn't been made in a game yet.  How can you sit there and throw out a million random ideas never before seen in Halo and the moment someone asks you to imagine a map that is balanced you say "yeah no way bro, not possible."

 

Legit imagine  3 ramps on the ground in a triangle.  Each time you ascend one ramp, you are higher, and have sightline control / head-glitch on the person underneath you.   You beat them, A beats B.  They are on B ramp, they walk forward, and have an advantage over the person underneath them, and are still in view of you.  B beats C.  The person on Ramp C walks forward and has a head glitch and sightline control on you.  This is like kindergarten level stuff.  Just make every spot on the map countered by some other spot on the map.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boyo said:

In order to disagree with your wild assertion, I have to go run lobbies on your Halo 5 forge maps?  
 

Did anyone make any good maps before Halo 5?

Wild assertions? These maps have been in matchmaking, as well as in tournaments, as well as tested thousands of times on our own within the community. You're being an idiot, and I wouldn't trust your judgement on anything even if you did play the maps.

The proof is in the pudding. It's been said here before, but anyone here is free to play Multi and I on any of these maps and try to camp. I'm not saying we'll always win, this isn't that sort of challenge. But, you'll be punished if you stay still, and not because you ignored pickups.

And yes, good maps have always existed, just usully not made by bungie or 343 because they don't understand what they're doing. Yah know, at one point, calling devs incompetent was this forums favorite passtime, but I'm sure now that defending them fits your perspective, we'll see a crisp 180 on that.

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, hvs500 said:

You don't need to. You just need to you know, have some basic idea of game design. You don't, that's quite evident from your opinions on quake. Mate I don't hate you, I don't have your face on a speed bag, but you need to work on this shit. And this does not only apply to the tightly knit community of teambeyond.com, it has real world applications too. I swear man, life would've been so so much better if the young hvs500 knew how to shut the fuck up.

I don’t work in game design so how am I going to have some solid ideas. You’re not making much sense.  My opinions on quake were derived from watching quake tournaments from the best players 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Reamis25 said:

  My opinions on quake were derived from watching quake tournaments from the best players 

See the problem here?

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, hvs500 said:

See the problem here?

Yeah the problem is I don’t play the game and I’m not going too. I’ve played it a few times and it wasn’t my cup of tea. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Yeah the problem is I don’t play the game and I’m not going too. I’ve played it a few times and it wasn’t my cup of tea. 

Are you iridium, reamis?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

No in order to agree with us you  just need to think of the simplest possible thing that hasn't been made in a game yet.  How can you sit there and throw out a million random ideas never before seen in Halo and the moment someone asks you to imagine a map that is balanced you say "yeah no way bro, not possible."

 

Legit imagine  3 ramps on the ground in a triangle.  Each time you ascend one ramp, you are higher, and have sightline control / head-glitch on the person underneath you.   You beat them, A beats B.  They are on B ramp, they walk forward, and have an advantage over the person underneath them, and are still in view of you.  B beats C.  The person on Ramp C walks forward and has a head glitch and sightline control on you.  This is like kindergarten level stuff.  Just make every spot on the map countered by some other spot on the map.

Sounds like it would generate some deep gameplay.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It’s ok to discuss it but don’t call me willfully ignorant if I’m not going to look into every detail about the game. You don’t so what’s your excuse pal? Most here haven’t except like 3 people 

I’ve never seen anybody get so needlessly defensive on a forum. It’s especially funny because this is a forum of like ten active people discussing a dying franchise. 
 

That said, you’ve proven to be willfully ignorant time and time again. You put forth baseless arguments that cannot be substantiated beyond “I like it” then proceed to commit all sorts of fallacies. When someone points out the lack of depth in your understanding of basic game design, or critiques your flawed reasoning, you lash out at them. Nobody expects you to know every single little thing about the nuances of Halo, but if you’re going to engage in a discussion regarding its design, it’s expected you put some effort into actually understanding the game before trying to argue with people. 
 

I don’t know all that much about game design. I’ve never taken part in game development, nor have I put in any time into developing and testing settings. And that’s OK. But this is why I don’t engage in arguments here, but instead choose to lurk and listen to others who clearly know more than I, because that’s how you learn. You, on the other hand, choose to derail discussion by putting forth arguments that you clearly have not put any thought into. As an observer, it’s incredibly annoying. 
 

Ice Princess may have clogged up the forum with walls of text, but at least she was capable of articulating relatively coherent arguments that were at times worth considering, even if many of those arguments would at times derail discussion. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, darkstar said:

or critiques your flawed reasoning, you lash out at them.

Well that’s what happens when you over criticize someone. They become defensive. You must love it when you can say whatever you like and then when they start attacking back you play the “why get offended card” and what if I am offended? Is it wrong to not like what you have to say? I do put some effort in understanding but some people here are so overly dramatic that they need to go into every detail just to prove they’re right or something. These people could of made a bible on halo design with all the stuff they say. 

  • Downvote (-1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Well that’s what happens when you over criticize someone. They become defensive. You must love it when you can say whatever you like and then when they start attacking back you play the “why get offended card” and what if I am offended? Is it wrong to not like what you have to say? 

What even constitutes “over criticizing?”

If you advance an argument from ignorance and commit all sorts of fallacies, don’t be surprised when someone points this out. Part of argumentation is pointing out the flaws in the other person’s position and undermining it. If you can’t handle criticism then keep your mouth shut. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, darkstar said:

What even constitutes “over criticizing?”

If you advance an argument from ignorance and commit all sorts of fallacies, don’t be surprised when someone points this out. Part of argumentation is pointing out the flaws in the other person’s position and undermining it. If you can’t handle criticism then keep your mouth shut. 

Well what would you consider my fallacies? I’m curious. I really do love these chats they’re amusing 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Reamis25 said:

Well what would you consider my fallacies? I’m curious 

Argument from ignorance

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Reamis25 said:
5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Well what would you consider my fallacies? I’m curious. I really do love these chats they’re amusing 

I’ve seen you make countless appeals to majority/popularity. “Well most people like X, so it’s fine.” “Most people disagree with you, so you’re wrong.” Etc. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I’ve seen you make countless appeals to majority/popularity. “Well most people like X, so it’s fine.” “Most people disagree with you, so you’re wrong.” Etc. 

Well I like to do that because it makes sense to look at what’s popular which in my opinion usually means x is good. Usually there’s a small minority that disagree with what the masses like. Sometimes the minority is right but in the game world I would consider what the masses enjoy to be what matters. Majority will say h5 sandbox was good and everything was useful. Soul told me otherwise. He explained that it was a lie. Even if what he says is a lie I’d say most do not care, and that’s ok. I don’t usually act like I’m right in the technical aspects of the discussions. That’s more for people who truly look into things deep like that, like multi. Heck’s that dude discusses things here because if he did the same on Reddit he’d get a TLDR. Which reminds me y’all need to start doing summary’s instead of essays to make your points. Aphex believes with all his heart the key to making halo great again for the masses is to reintroduce a fast TTK to a point it’s cod level fast 

  • Downvote (-1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.