CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

17 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I remember getting a btb obj match on tempest that was ar starts. I honestly expected aids but it ended up being really fun. Tempest in general I find pretty fun and if there are massive issues with it I haven't found them. 

Reach seriously needs a weapon balance change. In fact all games do but reach especially. I mean technically if they made the DMR the range of the BR or made it projectile it wouldn’t be op. 

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I wish party restrictions were in everything except infection, action sack, and any other fuck around mode. Even in social party restrictions should be there. If you run a to8 you’re obviously sweating. Hell if this BTB 2.0 mode has more than 24 player warzone if it’s 32,50,64, or 100 don’t let people search with a team size of 16,32, or 50. That’s just bs if you can. 

I mean... I've played in casual BTB teams of 8 in the past. Yes we usually won, but the teams I've been on were generally far from sweaty.

I know what you're talking about exists, but I'd rather not restrict everyone that just wants to play with a group of friends. If anything, maybe slightly bias the matchmaking system so as to find solo players and small teams of equivalent skill, but still allowing other players to be placed in the match if it would appreciably reduce the search times.

But to place team search restrictions on everything would just make it less enjoyable for friends to play together in a team of four on team slayer.

7 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

I mean... I've played in casual BTB teams of 8 in the past. Yes we usually won, but the teams I've been on were generally far from sweaty.

I know what you're talking about exists, but I'd rather not restrict everyone that just wants to play with a group of friends. If anything, maybe slightly bias the matchmaking system so as to find solo players and small teams of equivalent skill, but still allowing other players to be placed in the match if it would appreciably reduce the search times.

But to place team search restrictions on everything would just make it less enjoyable for friends to play together in a team of four on team slayer.

Ok to be fair I’m not asking for a team of 8 in btb to be forced against another every time. However it should never be 8 solos. There should be some solos with higher mmr than anyone, there shoild be a team of 2 or more on the opposite side to create a better balance. I’ve searched 8s plenty of times and so many times we just couldn’t lose. We had one sweaty game where another to8 was our opponents. But that was the best. A game where I don’t know the outcome is so fun. When I’m up against a group of solos with numbers in their name I’m already 99% sure I’m winning this. Heck’s most time if I search 8s were not trying we just play normal. Man say what you want about cod sweat matches but for me I enjoy them since I’m not playing against Johnny no thumbs. 
infinite is going to be free to play and cross play. It’s a modern game which gives it the best chance at obtaining a high population. A Grindy progression system, and a good mm system can keep thousands. We can have hard or decent party restrictions 

343 needs to make infinite feel like a grind but make it worthwhile. It keeps people playing, make sure the best shit is obtainable through the hardest challenges, the highest bp level if possible etc, and they will keep a high population. Hell this is one reason cod is able to keep a high population so easily because there’s always something to grind for. Now as adults we don’t have the 10+ hour free time we used too but that’s irrelevant. This is how you keep people. Gameplay isn’t enough. As long as there’s something to achieve such as an armor piece or skin, or even a rank then people will grind for it. We also need unlocks with names and not just SR152. Remember in h3 of 5 star general? That’s the shit we need in infinite. We also need a reach like UI that’s beautiful, simple and tons of options. H5 and mcc UI sucked. Man the h5 beta had a better UI 

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Ok to be fair I’m not asking for a team of 8 in btb to be forced against another every time. However it should never be 8 solos. There should be some solos with higher mmr than anyone, there shoild be a team of 2 or more on the opposite side to create a better balance. I’ve searched 8s plenty of times and so many times we just couldn’t lose. We had one sweaty game where another to8 was our opponents. But that was the best. A game where I don’t know the outcome is so fun. When I’m up against a group of solos with numbers in their name I’m already 99% sure I’m winning this. Heck’s most time if I search 8s were not trying we just play normal. Man say what you want about cod sweat matches but for me I enjoy them since I’m not playing against Johnny no thumbs. 
infinite is going to be free to play and cross play. It’s a modern game which gives it the best chance at obtaining a high population. A Grindy progression system, and a good mm system can keep thousands. We can have hard or decent party restrictions 

New accounts with 0.5 K/Ds shouldn't be matched against a To8 with high MMR players. Aside from that though, I don't think the restrictions should be too heavy. For instance, if there was a To8 where the average player in said team was a bit above average, it probably wouldn't be a big deal to just match them against 8 players with K/Ds hovering around 1.0.

As for a death stack with 8 players with 2.0 or higher K/Ds, yeah, the game should probably wait until it can find 8 above average players before it starts the match.

2 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

New accounts with 0.5 K/Ds shouldn't be matched against a To8 with high MMR players. Aside from that though, I don't think the restrictions should be too heavy. For instance, if there was a To8 where the average player in said team was a bit above average, it probably wouldn't be a big deal to just match them against 8 players with K/Ds hovering around 1.0.

As for a death stack with 8 players with 2.0 or higher K/Ds, yeah, the game should probably wait until it can find 8 above average players before it starts the match.

Ok let’s say 8 stack every player 1.0 irs ok if they match 8 solos that are 1.5-2.0 mmr. This creates a better chance for a fair match than 8 stack 1.0 vs 8 solo 1.0

ovwrall I doubt 343 will add any party restrictions they’ll just have MMR like every other game. It won’t solve party’s steam rolling solos 9/10 but who cares. Fuck people like me with no friends that play halo 

26 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Ok let’s say 8 stack every player 1.0 irs ok if they match 8 solos that are 1.5-2.0 mmr. This creates a better chance for a fair match than 8 stack 1.0 vs 8 solo 1.0

ovwrall I doubt 343 will add any party restrictions they’ll just have MMR like every other game. It won’t solve party’s steam rolling solos 9/10 but who cares. Fuck people like me with no friends that play halo 

We have to keep search times in mind. I don't want to make it so that a group of 8 friends can't find a game because of overly restrictive matchmaking parameters.

If you're having a hard time against a To8, that's probably because you have a couple 0.5 K/D randoms who aren't doing anything helpful. Putting a couple of average 1.0 and slightly above players would probably make a massive difference and prevent a spawn kill. I don't think the solo players all have to exceed the To8's average MMR for the game to be fair. Communication always helps, but if the skill levels are relatively equal, the lack of communication will not doom the solo players.

The low skill players however should pretty much only be matching solo players that are preferably around their skill level or around average.

Edit: A high skill solo player should probably just be able to match up in any available game to reduce search times as much as possible. With perhaps a bit of a bias towards making games with large skilled teams more balanced.

I still think my bowling grenade idea from 2013 would make a baller addition to halo.

That, along with my 'simultaneous ground and space battle invasion gametype' idea.

58 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I still think my bowling grenade idea from 2013 would make a baller addition to halo.

Does it track people like the one in Ion Fury?

19 hours ago, Basu said:

Memes aside this is another entry in a series of bad news. I'm really getting the vibe that people are leaving the sinking ship over there. 

Remember, Josh wasn't around for H5s launch and we all know about that games massive problems with ranks and MM. Only when he got back in early 2017 (when the population was already a disaster) did things improve. I see the same thing happening for Infinite. 

Menke is literally a guy who jumpes between studios to work on ranking system and such. There is nothing to see here. He is just done with his work and going to do the same elsewhere. 

He was working on Wow ranking, Cod, H5, Infinite...he might be back in 343 for another game, who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A player on foot with the entire sandbox at his disposal, what are his options for taking on a Banshee?  

4 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

We have to keep search times in mind. I don't want to make it so that a group of 8 friends can't find a game because of overly restrictive matchmaking parameters.

If you're having a hard time against a To8, that's probably because you have a couple 0.5 K/D randoms who aren't doing anything helpful. Putting a couple of average 1.0 and slightly above players would probably make a massive difference and prevent a spawn kill. I don't think the solo players all have to exceed the To8's average MMR for the game to be fair. Communication always helps, but if the skill levels are relatively equal, the lack of communication will not doom the solo players.

The low skill players however should pretty much only be matching solo players that are preferably around their skill level or around average.

Edit: A high skill solo player should probably just be able to match up in any available game to reduce search times as much as possible. With perhaps a bit of a bias towards making games with large skilled teams more balanced.

See, this is why there should just be a solo player/duo option. Many solo players like myself hate matching parties because its almost a guaranteed lost unless it’s a team of trash players. I play on that high tier level and matching others in that level while they’re in a group fucks me ovee. It’s fucks many. This is why instead of going through the constant hassle of strict mm parameters regarding parties in order to ensure mm is fast as possible(I’m talking about ranked specifically here) they just have a solo/duo option. It’s easier, less complicated and less effort from a developer because making strict party matching doesn’t work because ranked in games usually is low and most developers know this. 
343 even helped out solo players in h5 with quick play which if you do not know is social slayer, and it only allows a max party of 2. Shit the matches I get are sweaty but it’s fun AF for it’s worth. I don’t feel like I’m being cheated because there’s a to4 im up against. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo infinite really needs to bring back health, in the campaign at least.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Menke is literally a guy who jumpes between studios to work on ranking system and such. There is nothing to see here. He is just done with his work and going to do the same elsewhere. 

He was working on Wow ranking, Cod, H5, Infinite...he might be back in 343 for another game, who knows.

The matchmaking guy not being there at launch because the game got delayed a year is not good news. Sure his system will be there, but it anything goes wrong they won't know how to fix it. 

6 hours ago, Sitri said:

Does it track people like the one in Ion Fury?

Nah you just bowl it across surfaces instead of yeeting them. No tracking.

2 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Won't happen til CoD has health packs.

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Why?  

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Nah you just bowl it across surfaces instead of yeeting them. No tracking.

Like a power drain?  

I don't think I understand the love of quick camo. It's contantly listed as one of CE's genius designs, but really, it's a non-choice. Either you know how it works, and you use it (because why wouldn't you, it takes zero mechanical skill and it only benefits you) or you just don't know about it. If the only skillgap in a mechanic is between knowing or not knowing it even exists, it's not very deep. I know there are times when you can use it in combat, but even then, there's just not that much to it. I think it's disproportionately praised, especially because the mechanic it is attached to is fundamentally stupid in a pvp game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Pick up weapon from map or keep inferior secondary for potentially greater benefit later when combined with another pick-up.  

especially because the mechanic it is attached to is fundamentally stupid in a pvp game.

Do you meaning firing the AR?

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Pick up weapon from map or keep inferior secondary for potentially greater benefit later when combined with another pick-up.  

Well the ar is a capable weapon, so I think you're playing up that choice. Regardless, there is something to what you said. Just not much.

19 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

343 needs to make infinite feel like a grind but make it worthwhile. It keeps people playing, make sure the best shit is obtainable through the hardest challenges, the highest bp level if possible etc, and they will keep a high population. Hell this is one reason cod is able to keep a high population so easily because there’s always something to grind for. Now as adults we don’t have the 10+ hour free time we used too but that’s irrelevant. This is how you keep people. Gameplay isn’t enough. As long as there’s something to achieve such as an armor piece or skin, or even a rank then people will grind for it. We also need unlocks with names and not just SR152. Remember in h3 of 5 star general? That’s the shit we need in infinite. We also need a reach like UI that’s beautiful, simple and tons of options. H5 and mcc UI sucked. Man the h5 beta had a better UI 

"Gameplay isn't enough"

Now I know why your rep is so negative