CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Artifacts are Equipment+, multi function equipment.  

The Stable is a Forerunner Artifact.  Holding B cycles through three vehicles.  Double tapping B spawns the selected vehicle, causing it to materialize on demand.  

The Chariot is a small platform that appears beneath the user’s feet and carries him forward fast.  

The Scythe causes another platform to materialize beneath the user’s feet but this time it levitates him up high enough for infantry to move around below.  A large shield is projected down from the curved craft, allowing nearby teammates to travel in relative safety.  

The Shroud is an open top mech so the lone operator becomes slower but more lethal.  

One rapid assault vehicle, one troop transport vehicle, and one position reinforcing vehicle.  

For what it's worth. 

I'm done being critical of Infinite and the number company lol. It's exhausting and my complaining really doesn't matter in the context of changing the game's mechanics. For all of it's innumerable flaws and metric tons of wasted potential, I do genuinely like Halo and I don't want to feel bitter every time I think about it. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I'm done being critical of Infinite and the number company lol. It's exhausting and my complaining really doesn't matter in the context of changing the game's mechanics. For all of it's innumerable flaws and metric tons of wasted potential, I do genuinely like Halo and I don't want to feel bitter every time I think about it. 

It's funny how things like this will eventually cause most people to become apathetic or indifferent with time. 

I think it is an important lesson in some ways. Certain things you just aren't going to be able to change, whether that be your favorite franchise or a person/relationship. At a certain point you have a choice to just be angry and bitter towards it all the time, ignore it entirely, or accept it for what it is and get any enjoyment you can out of it. 

Low expectations and an open mind seems to be a good default attitude towards things like this, maybe it will surprise you. If not, it isn't a big deal (even if it still kinda sucks). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

For what it's worth. 

I feel the same

On Infinite: Grapplehooking weapons/vehicles is badass. 

• Like (+1) 1

TLDW

- grapple hook can be used to pick up weapons on the ground

- separate weapon tuning for campaign/MP

- new weapons post launch 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Metaphysics said:

- separate weapon tuning for campaign/MP

Praise jibbers

For what it's worth. 

The number company LOOL

6 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Gameplay occurs on maps, maps must account for what players can do and how the gametypes work, sprint boosts movement speed, movement speed boosts on arena-sized maps breaks map control, ergo arena-sized maps don't work. While movement-wise, larger maps still feel arena-sized, there is a significant combat cost because battles take place at longer ranges on the smallest maps. Targets are smaller so the mechanics of the weapons become important, so a much larger percentage of the combat takes place zoomed in through scopes. Plus there's the obvious get out of jail free card for bad positioning on top of the fact you can't shoot while you sprint so combat is one-way when open areas are traversed. This all amounts to I'll save my money and stick to CE on MCC because the direction of the halo series has dramatically shifted away from the successful fundamental principles of design it was founded on. Enjoy your sprint, I'll enjoy my $70.

The boost you get from sprint is so miniscule in infinite that it won't dramatically shift the map design like in 4 or 5. While I'd prefer they remove it completely, after all these years I have become indifferent to it. There's nothing you can do.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why does roasting 335 have to be some depressing, soul sucking experience? I think its funny, even if all the conversations have been had a million times over at this point. They and their products clearly deserve all the heat they get, minus the Hitler comparisons and death/violence threats.

Then again I've just about quit vidya altogether and mostly only check this place between sets at the gym. I'm certainly out on Infinite.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Then again I've just about quit vidya altogether and mostly only check this place between sets at the gym. I'm certainly out on Infinite.

I only check this forum between base camps on Everest.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Solve the sandbox problems before the game ships 

As if 343 has ever thought their sandbox balance is anything but perfect. 

Infinite is set to continue the trajectory of low-population Halo.

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

From now on, I will be referring to Quinn is Pig Vomit.  

There is a lot of smart talk on this site, talk that can change minds. I have no doubt several 343 employees (used to) come here, and there are people here who are involved with 343 too. However that's all in vain when shit like this drags the forum down to below reddit idiocy. Your legit points are completely lost in the petulant noise

For me who recently started playing Halo again, this forum has been a great resource for bettering my understanding of the games (I've been reading many old posts), but it almost wasn't, because the first posts I read a few months ago was just childish bickering about something I can't remember

yeah sure, a forum is for airing thoughts, but when airing those thoughts just makes the situation worse, keep it to yourself

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, potetr said:

There is a lot of smart talk on this site, talk that can change minds. I have no doubt several 343 employees (used to) come here and there are people here who are involved with 343 too.

343 has never had any intention of catering to us. Devs that have ever visited this forum already had their minds made up. I disagree with being complicit in horrible gameplay mechanics for the mere fact that 'there's nothing we can do about it.'

• Like (+1) 1

@Aphex Twin Read my post again, part of the point was that we can do something about it. I'm also not telling you to be complicit in terrible mechanics, I'm telling you to voice criticism without vitriol. That only prevents people from considering your viewpoint seriously because it leaves a bad taste already before doing so. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, potetr said:

@Aphex Twin Read my post again, part of the point was that we can do something about it.

My point is that, no, we cant. We can make indisputable arguments for removing sprint, lowering the killtimes (something we've been doing since 2007 on the old MLG forums) in the nicest possible manner and the halo dev, whether it's bungle or 043, will always ignore it. You must be new if you sincerely think we can influence halo's game mechanics in any way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

My point is that, no, we cant. We can make indisputable arguments for removing sprint, lowering the killtimes (something we've been doing since 2007 on the old MLG forums) in the nicest possible manner and the halo dev, whether it's bungle or 043, will always ignore it. You must be new if you sincerely think we can influence halo's game mechanics in any way. 

I can't express this enough, especially after seeing how developers handle reception from their player base. While our distinct frustration with modern Halo company is unique, the frustration about game elements being gutted for accessibility or whatever isn't. It's acceptable to be in the minority of a global pool of feedback but when you claim you want to reach out to said group and double back on that because you can't deal with it, I would gladly say you're fucking up by shutting them out entirely. Players are reacting some type of way to something, and for a long ass time, maybe there's something to take away from it that won't hurt your dollaridoos has much as you really think.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, potetr said:

@Aphex Twin Read my post again, part of the point was that we can do something about it. I'm also not telling you to be complicit in terrible mechanics, I'm telling you to voice criticism without vitriol. That only prevents people from considering your viewpoint seriously because it leaves a bad taste already before doing so. 

he's kind of right, why do you think this forum devolved into this? because of years of trying to be nice to 343 and still being ignored.. it's tiring when you do what people say and still get ignored... so you could imagine the negativity and disdain that comes with it.

hell im trying to be done with halo now cause Im tired of being mad over a game I barely play anymore.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, potetr said:

You must be new here. Every time a dev came here to chat about H4 before it came out, they had reams of constructive posts that they mostly ignored and instead chose to focus on the few who were rather impersonal in their replies. Then they stopped showing up. That has been the cycle. They've even misled if not outright lied on this forum about their games (who remembers the H4 gameinformer article?). Our viewpoints don't get considered and they're the ones who left the bad taste. These people aren't susceptible to rational discussion, they show up when it's convenient for their marketing and weave their narrative to try and turn us into potential customers before going silent after launch. It's dishonest and nobody who was here for that harbors any respect for the company because they've done nothing to deserve it. You're welcome to urge civil discourse but the only thing on the line here is getting in trouble with the mods over disparaging 343, not Infinite becoming potentially an alright game. Figured you should know where we're coming from.

• Fire (+1) 5

You can be nice to the number company or you can drag their ass, it doesn't really matter because they aren't listening anymore. 

The animosity between this forum and 343 is understandable, but doesn't really matter because it's not going to steer Halo in a different direction. 

The best case is that we get something like HI  Evolved or HI Mythic Arena settings into a permanent/semi-permanent playlist in matchmaking. If not, just shoot your shot in arena and try to have fun. If not that either, then move on to more promising franchises. 

Remember when Frankie came here and had a civil discussion with 20+ people and then ONE guy made a semi-edgy comment and  got downvoted to -20, but Frankie ignored all the good stuff, jumped on that comment and threw a hissy fit, rage quit and never came back?

Remember when 343 employees sign up for this forum 3 months before launching their new game, drop some PR garbage and disappear as soon as the game launches?

Remember lying about polling pros about Breakout?

343 and Beyond just don't get along, and no matter how nice or toxic you are this probably won't change.

The name calling and directly attacking individual people is kinda lame and childish though, you can roast 343 in much better ways. 

• Like (+1) 8