CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Halo has limitless potential with both small-scale and large-scale asymmetric modes. It's really sad that the only attempt we ever saw at this was in Reach, where literally everything except for the visual style sucked ass. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

when you’re where Halo is now, you have to lie, cheat, and steal to get back where you need to be.  

Lying, cheating, and stealing is what caused Halo to be here.

• Like (+1) 2

That Moses dude seems like a real asshole. Just wants to get under the skin of classic fans. Twitter is the perfect place for him.

6 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

That Moses dude seems like a real asshole. Just wants to get under the skin of classic fans. Twitter is the perfect place for him.

He chases the algorithm and the bandwagon. Always has. Once this forum started slowing he left.

Edit: Read some of his post history and the above is wrong, however he was always careful not to offend 343.

14 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Halo has limitless potential with both small-scale and large-scale asymmetric modes. It's really sad that the only attempt we ever saw at this was in Reach, where literally everything except for the visual style sucked ass. 

I actually think the art of Reach hasn't aged well. I like it less the older I get. That's personal preference not objective btw.

I'm sure 343 could come up with plenty of "lore-friendly" reasons as to why Spartans can sprint while shooting. Some of these new Halo "fans" want to be able to sprint simply because you're playing as a supersoldier or whatever, regardless of if it's balanced or not.

Funny how they try so hard to connect "lore" to all kind of multiplayer stuff, but when it comes to actual campaign, they have no problem to throw everything over the fence.

• Like (+1) 7

I think the biggest failing of Halo really came after Halo 3. Its not so much the mechanics that they tried and kind of failed to make as appealing as what they had before as much as how they stopped expanding what was possible. Instead of getting bigger/cooler modes they spent a decade creating new fuckery for simply moving my character when that wasn't a relevant or needed change at any point in the franchises history. They just stopped moving forward. They can say whatever they want but the bottom line is that Halo workmanship declined in quality as did the popularity. We just come back around to the same struggle and cycle with each game where they try to scrap together features to simply match what bungie released with Halo 3 never moving forward and usually declining in various locations as they try to patch up whatever they really failed at during the last cycle

We went from a trend setting and industry leading studio and franchise to having input delay more than a decade later, incomplete releases and being unable to even remaster the original games without SERIOUS problems. Its pretty sad. Truthfully its so bad that it is painfully obvious that the people in upper management for Halo are absolutely not qualified for their jobs. They have proven that fact without a doubt. Their resume should be the fastest ticket out the door of the games industry imaginable. That probably sounds really toxic or harsh but you've gotta call it what it is somewhere and its been more than long enough. They're pretty good tank commanders if you want to bleed a product for money without worrying about the long term implications but that's about it.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Dude's got some pretty strong opinions and he puts it in a dickish way but he's not Halo twitter/Reddit levels of bad. He isn't that far from the people who post here. 

Besides, he dislikes sprint lol

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Dude's got some pretty strong opinions and he puts it in a dickish way but he's not Halo twitter/Reddit levels of bad. He isn't that far from the people who post here. 

Not like everyone here share the same opinion on everything. It was cool when Moses was part of Beyond.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

He just gives me those Aozolai vibes. 

3 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Not like everyone here share the same opinion on everything. It was cool when Moses was part of Beyond.

YOU ARE IN THE TEAM BEYOND HIVEMIND. HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

3 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Inserts positive opinion of halo reach

• Hooked 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Inserts positive opinion of halo reach

I cried when Jorge sacrificed himself to save my life.

10 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Fuck you he saved my life not yours

• Simms (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hemlax said:

The only thing I remember about the Halo Reach campaign is that overpowered as fuck Falcon variant.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

The only thing I remember about the Halo Reach campaign is that overpowered as fuck Falcon variant.

Welp, old Bungie.net has gone down for good. 

It was cool, but it's a shame that people are praising it like it was one of a kind, when it should have been fucking standard from every Halo there on out. 

sigh

Me waiting for a Halo game from 343 that is complete:

4516bf7aedb269326535d2ccfb9197b6.gif

• Like (+1) 2

What if Halo introduced a “hero” class of player, with powerful weapons and abilities?  Are there any multiplayer gametypes could support this new dynamic?  

2 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

I actually enjoyed the campaign quite a lot. It did have that dark mood of inevitable end. Not as epic as H3 but it had strong moments. Good cinematography too.

2 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

inevitable end

You mean, like, the opposite of what 343 does?  The opposite of killing characters off only to bring them back to life?  

• Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hemlax said:

I actually enjoyed the campaign quite a lot. It did have that dark mood of inevitable end. Not as epic as H3 but it had strong moments. Good cinematography too.

Reachs story was totally fine for a halo game. Its only problem was it didn't jive with the book, but whether or not that even matters that much is up for debate.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Reachs story was totally fine for a halo game. Its only problem was it didn't jive with the book, but whether or not that even matters that much is up for debate.

Yeah, it didn't. They even tried to make it connect in comic book I think. Can't remember which one, I stopped following the story and the books after 343 made a mess of everything with Halo 5.

5 hours ago, TBCT said:

Welp, old Bungie.net has gone down for good. 

It was cool, but it's a shame that people are praising it like it was one of a kind, when it should have been fucking standard from every Halo there on out. 

sigh

Me waiting for a Halo game from 343 that is complete:

4516bf7aedb269326535d2ccfb9197b6.gif

I don't think we'll ever have a stats hub as complete as B.net ever again. In a technical sense, Halo and B.net were so ahead of their time.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1