CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, hvs500 said:

if another player has  laser guided rockets too, would he be able to influence your rockets with his laser pointer? 

No.  I don’t think that would add anything meaningful to gameplay.  

9 hours ago, hvs500 said:

I'm honestly interested in what the sandbox team has to say.

Been there, done that

Prepare for disappointment

I've given up on Infinite's gameplay being substantially better than H5's gameplay. Let's see how the matchmaking experience and progression system are handled. 

If they have a decent progression system, I'll try it out for a couple of months. Though, I'm not holding my breath. 

They'll invariably be using some-or-the-other form of dynamic resolution scaling for the XB1/S versions, so I am hoping for an FOV option on console of some sort. If they do add that, I'll be fairly more enthusiastic about playing the game. I'll play enthusiastically at 720p with potato visuals if I can hit a consistent 60FPS @ 100< FOV. 

5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Been there, done that

Prepare for disappointment

It's surprising that 343 has a dedicated sandbox team.

What is their sandbox?

the new carbine is the battle rifle but it's plasma and fires 4 shots instead of 3

the new shotgun is the old shotgun

the ravager is the bruteshot but it shoots 3 grenades instead of 1.

the revolver is redundant 

the pistol sucks

Wow, great sandbox. But I'm giving them the benefit of doubt, let's see what they have to say.

• Like (+1) 2

Anti Aerial Vehicle Weapons 

Rocket Launcher 

Activate the optional guidance laser.  

Plasma Pistol 

Alt-fire a homing EMP bolt.  

Beam Rifle 

Alt-fire creates an explosive lightning bolt that strikes down from the sky.  

Plasma Detonator 

Alt-fire can charge then fire up to four homing stickies.  

Gravity Bow 

Primary fire (alternates between a 0.3s charge time and firing a 2sk knock-back/objective-drop projectile when RT is held) can flip and damage lighter vehicles.  Alt-fire 2 launches a Gravity Anchor that drags down an impacted aerial vehicle until the parasitic object is manually destroyed.  

Power Band 

Primary fire can continuously pull an aerial vehicle in, like a tractor beam.  Alt-fire can launch environmental objects like fusion coils a short distance so a low flying aerial vehicle could be hit.  

Radiant Rifle 

Primary fire, a continuous laser beam, gradually reduces the health of all occupants of an impacted vehicle.  Alt-fire charges then fires a laser blast that penetrates and destroys all that it touches.  

The Missile Pod is a piece of equipment that can lock-on to aerial vehicles then fire homing explosives with the B button.  Ground vehicles and players can be locked-onto if they are tagged by the Spotting Scope first (a piece of equipment that can mark enemies with a waypoint).  

The Assault Rifle has evolved into the Assault Carbine, still retaining its automatic primary fire but also gaining an optional Railgun alt-fire.  If Railgun Slugs are picked up from off the map, they can be alt-fired from the Assault Carbine, allowing the spawn secondary to become an anti-vehicle weapon (You know, I’m something of an anti-vehicle weapon myself).  

The Spiker gets an honorable mention because its grappling hook alt-fire can assist ground troops in hijacking low flying aircraft.  Same goes for the Boltshot’s alt-fire which, like the grappling hook, moves the user to the projectile’s point of impact but instead of traveling though space and time, the Boltshot instantly teleports the user there instead.  

• Like (+1) 1

you guys know Quinn delhoyo is sandbox director right?

4a14485cf9f327e41601e86ceea893ab.png

NOTHING good can come of that. I'm sorry.

488edeb5f1d5bf03261d969fe00bd246.png

0e3a92b6ec5c13992606b502e3c4027a.png

• Like (+1) 8

It's so comical that they have an entire sandbox team. You just need one person that knows what they're doing and a good test process across all skill ranges. Seeing as the pro team were just PR hires and Quinn is still Sandbox director they have neither of those. 

• Like (+1) 5

Heard about Ghost being offered a no sprint gametype for throwdown. If he did pass on this, I think Ghost did a great disservice to competitive halo.

Ghost keeping sprint probably sent a message to 343 that they dont need to nix advanced movement to appease the competitive community.

If he was adamant about no sprint (which, you know, improves the gameplay), I do think we would have at least had a no sprint playlist in H5.  

Look where we are now. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

It's so comical that they have an entire sandbox team. You just need one person that knows what they're doing and a good test process across all skill ranges. Seeing as the pro team were just PR hires and Quinn is still Sandbox director they have neither of those. 

I think I'd cry if I knew how much 343 employees make.

• Like (+1) 7

16 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I've given up on Infinite's gameplay being substantially better than H5's gameplay. Let's see how the matchmaking experience and progression system are handled. 

I honestly don't think it's a high bar. I could have enjoyed H5 for what it was if I could fucking aim in it. So assuming I can do that in Infinite (which I'm optimistic about), and add in the fact that we're not spawning with thrust, I think I'm gonna have fun with it. Obviously it's not my ideal Halo, but I think it will be good enough to invest in.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I could have enjoyed H5 for what it was if I could fucking aim in it. So assuming I can do that in Infinite (which I'm optimistic about)

Did H5's aiming problems only affect controllers? Did they ever get around to fixing it? 

Crazy to think about heavy aim being present on MKB, but I wouldnt put it past 343. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I honestly don't think it's a high bar. I could have enjoyed H5 for what it was if I could fucking aim in it. So assuming I can do that in Infinite (which I'm optimistic about), and add in the fact that we're not spawning with thrust, I think I'm gonna have fun with it. Obviously it's not my ideal Halo, but I think it will be good enough to invest in.

I go back to Halo 5 every so often and quit after one game because I’m reminded by how buttcheeks the aim is. Literally unbearable. 

It also doesn’t help that the skill floor is so unnecessarily high in comparison to past Halo games, and the ~5000 players still playing the game are all sweatbag H5 kids, it seems. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well according to some people the aim in Halo 5 was perfect, and y'all need to adapt

• Simms (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It comes down to what you find unbearable, I guess.

If the equipment and armor augment leaks are true, I'm not gonna be very happy. Combined with the shallow-ass sandbox we have seen and how easy shooting appears to be, I don't think I'll find the gameplay to be enjoyable. 

I'm hoping for a good progression system instead. If I have that, there's some learning curve, and a skillgap to the game, I'll play it and probably have some fun. 

Unrelated note, but it's funny how almost all of the people who think we want H3-reskinned have either A) Less than 30 hours in a pre-Reach Halo, or B) More time in campaign and firefight than they do in 4v4 or 2v2 arena. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wait.... is 343 making halo infinite?

lol they couldn't lead a horse to water

Game has no chance in hell at being good.  At least not the multiplayer aspect of it.

Does Microsoft actually think this game will cause people to want to buy an xbox series X?

Lol......

343.... lol.....

h3 reskinned?  lol h3 is trash.  It's for people that get discouraged at constantly losing in h1 because the h1 skill curve is too much for them.  But I won't get into it on here again... last time some kid almost started crying over halo 3 having such an inferior skill curve.  I guess reality hit too hard. It will hit even harder when infinite flops.

The only way this halo franchise can be saved is if they scrape the leadership team and hire in real consultants like Hardy Lebel and Alex Seropian and a real management team.  You hire them and you pay them whatever you have to if you want a snowball's chance in hell at saving this franchise.  

Hey guys haven't been around for months anything I should know about Infinite! Any leaks since its got pushed back?

What I want to hear a sandbox designer say:

"I've always preferred a leaner approach to building a sandbox so as to ensure every weapon and vehicle matter in a distinct way"

What 343 will probably say:

"We really thought it'd be cool to go crazy with the amount of guns /cut to some random artist/ the halo universe is just so deep and filled with so many influences that we really couldn't say no to anything"

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

Hey guys haven't been around for months anything I should know about Infinite! Any leaks since its got pushed back?

Check out posts by @S0UL FLAME

• Upvote (+1) 2

Edited with much more accurate info. If anything else turned out to be untrue, I'll let you know in the future.

In 2017 I was told a decent, but vague, amount of information about the next Halo game, except for its name. I was told that Campaign was going to be semi-open world, similar to Destiny, and would be set on a very important Halo ring, the one teased on Halo 5 Guardians' Legendary ending. I was told Forge was going to be very awesome, a larger step forward than H2A to Halo 5. I was told Multiplayer had, and I quote, "Some cool old shit, some cool new shit, but some really stupid shit." Two remakes were in the works.

343 copycatted Overwatch, then CSGO, then Halo Reach, and are now recently into the gameplay loop we know now.

The game has been in development through a heavily modified Blam Engine for five years, and hell came with it. Several months of different iterations of Multiplayer and Campaign, art design, level design, weapon sandbox, Utility Weapon starts, advanced movement vs classic, all that has been argued back and forth for the last three years. Eventually they came to what we know now, but didn't spend enough time fully developing the rest of the game. They were going to launch the game with very little content again, until the Campaign demo reveal backlash. The rumor of them making the game into two parts was untrue when it was given, but is now a reality; they never intended Multiplayer to be free.

The Commando Rifle was one of the utility weapon tests. The Mangler was going to be a near copycat of the CE Magnum. There was at one time a wall kick.

Fast forward to now.

Campaign is a mess. Forge is good, but not as impressive as what I was told back in 2017. Battle Rifle feels and sounds great to shoot, Sidearm is the fastest killing precision weapon if you spam it up close; unknown if it's a 5-shot or 6-shot to the head. No other weapon information.

Armor Augmentations: Grapple Shot, Drop Wall, Sensor Gun, Thruster Pack, Repulse Bomb.

Grapple has roughly half of the flexibility of Pathfinder's Grapple from Apex Legends. Drop Wall is a thick, destructible shield that you can shoot through. Sensor Gun fires a dart that highlights Spartans in a 24 meter radius, even through floors, ceilings and walls. Thruster Pack is a nerfed version of the one we know now. Repulse Bomb is a small explosive that does no damage, but pushes enemies and yourself a fair distance. As of now, each item can be used a few times before they run out of fuel or ammo. When you die, someone can grab the item off your body. Only one player can have a particular ability at all times; a new one respawns only after the one on the field is empty and gone.

Each Augmentation has a tell on the Spartan; Grapple and Repulse are on the left forearm, Sensor and Wall are on the left hip, Thruster is on the back.

However.

As of now, Active Camo and Overshield are also Armor Augmentations. For 15 seconds, you are granted a full camo or an extra layer (or two layers, don't know) of shield, up to three times. Both items can be seen on the chest. Same rules apply as the other items.

The BTB 2.0 Leak is true.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Can a whole company be a basic bitch?  

I wouldn't blame the whole company, most of it is just people with hands tied behind their backs.

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

The Mangler was going to be a near copycat of the CE Magnum. 

That bums me out. 

Almost had a CE magnum clone, now we have a 5-6sk pistol. 

5 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

they never intended Multiplayer to be free.

Do you know who made the decision to make it free (343 or MS) and what led to the decision to be free?

5 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

That bums me out. 

Almost had a CE magnum clone, now we have a 5-6sk pistol. 

Almost having a Brute CE pistol is more worrying if anything. So there would be a pick up weapon that fills the exact same role as the starting weapon, but is much better? As a brute weapon would never be the starting weapon.

Would have been a cool addition as a pick up weapon if it had some special trait and the starting weapon was good though.

• Like (+1) 3