CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

If we can use AR magnetism between games as a benchmark, then Infinite has almost as much as H5. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/4ob2h27

Combined with the almost-nonexistent likelihood of them using projectile weaponry and the fact that there is no default thrust in the game, it doesn't seem like it'll matter how good the strafe is. 

This game isn't gonna hold anything above 15K a year and a half into launch. People are going to simply move on to newer shooters that scratch the same ADHD itch. 

49 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Because you and everyone here is garbage at halo

I'm still not even sure if you play Halo.

• Like (+1) 4

46 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Getting idiots riled up & making them look stupid is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Same here it gets you frustrated 

• Downvote (-1) 2

48 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Can someone who is actually decent 1v1 this kid? I would but I'm at work

I’ll 1v1 you when you get home 

• Downvote (-1) 2

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Did you play gold pro with everyone here? Because if you did you and everyone was straight garbage and I dominated everyone here at it 

• Downvote (-1) 2

9 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

He played the Reach Gold Pro Mod with us last year if that counts.

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Did you play gold pro with everyone here? Because if you did you and everyone was straight garbage and I dominated everyone here at it 

I don't play bad Halo games, even cleaned up versions of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Basu said:

He played the Reach Gold Pro Mod with us last year if that counts.

Yeah and everyone sucked ass compared to me and only you were decent but everyone else was ASS! 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

45 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I don't play bad Halo games, even cleaned up versions of them.

Yeah that’s why you’re garbage at halo period even your favorite 

@Aphex Twin downvoting shows I’m right 

man I love talking shit to you! 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm muting him. Anyone else replying to him as well. Tired of reading his circus act spamming the forum with ignorant garbage. For fuck sake... 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Where are the numbers? H5 population was high AF until the dev support ended 3 years ago. Games tend to lose population when new content isn’t promised and things become stale. Classic halo was liked by the old gens. Not the new ones. 

False. I distinctly remember myself and others looking at the "Most Played" in the Microsoft Store, and seeing H5 waaaaaay down after only like 3-4 months. The game's population retention was a joke compared to the trilogy (and even Reach).

It's not like the game was dead. You could still get games in everything (except Warzone Assault if you were Australian), but it was really bad population retention for a Halo game. You don't get to change history here.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

I'm muting him. Anyone else replying to him as well. Tired of reading his circus act spamming the forum with ignorant garbage. For fuck sake... 

How do you do that again?

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

Go ahead 

20 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

343 gets final say on the esports settings, no? 

I'd assume so unless a TO explicitly requests otherwise in some type of contract (or opts out of official 343 support)

3 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I'd assume so unless a TO explicitly requests otherwise in some type of contract (or opts out of official 343 support)

So we probably have no hope for good esports settings.

Literally what is the point of buying an XSX when XBLG is now gonna cost $120 a year? Don't forget, to play F2P games on the console you have to pay for XBLG.

Meanwhile, playing Halo: Infinite multiplayer on PC will be free.

Wanting to avoid the cost of PC components is the only reason buying an Xbox will make sense. At least existing users will be grandfathered in with the existing fee, but good luck ever attracting new users to buy Xbox consoles.

Lmao wtf they're increasing the price of XBL Gold? That shit has been a scam for years and I always thought the announcement of it becoming free was right around the corner. Especially now that big franchises like CoD and Halo are shifting to crossplay this move makes zero sense. After the fiasco of the Xbone they'd better give people who moved to PC (like me) some incentive to even consider the fridge, but this is another nail in the coffin for me.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

Wanting to avoid the cost of PC components is the only reason buying an Xbox will make sense. At least existing users will be grandfathered in with the existing fee, but good luck ever attracting new users to buy Xbox consoles.

A huge staying power of traditional consoles was games that encouraged community. Grab a friend and hit the couch. It's a bit untimely to suggest doing this these days, however with the shift in culture over the years unless console developers radically shift their perspectives on how they want people to use consoles they are now straight up inferior pc's with no counterpoints for their use. PC parts will not remain this costly forever.

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Lmao wtf they're increasing the price of XBL Gold? That shit has been a scam for years and I always thought the announcement of it becoming free was right around the corner. Especially now that big franchises like CoD and Halo are shifting to crossplay this move makes zero sense. After the fiasco of the Xbone they'd better give people who moved to PC (like me) some incentive to even consider the fridge, but this is another nail in the coffin for me.

that what happens when your first party studio 343 industries uses all of your development funds up on a game that doesn't actually exist... 343 wasted MS's money and then MS had no software to launch the Xbox series X with. Maybe I'm wrong and there's other stuff going on, but to me it seems like 343 wasted a lot of MS's money and this is MS's response to getting that money back in the meantime...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

So we probably have no hope for good esports settings.

They hired Clap to run the show so there is a chance. I mean he is definitely an upgrade over Major Nelson. 

Then again, it's Halo Infinite, so you can't get your hopes too high.

• Hooked 1

Isn't that price increase just rumored? Doubling the price of their service in relation to PS+ and crossplay sounds foolish. I could see a small increase, but double? Nah.

Edit: Holy shit, was I wrong. That is not a great deal.

51 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Isn't that price increase just rumored? Doubling the price of their service in relation to PS+ and crossplay sounds foolish. I could see a small increase, but double? Nah.

Edit: Holy shit, was I wrong. That is not a great deal.

The price has been the same for a long time, so if they were to increase the price to $72 a year (or $6 a month), I could see where they were coming from given the reality of inflation. But $120? It just doesn't make sense. The value proposition of the Xbox Series X|S is just gone.

And keep in mind that you have to have XBLG to play F2P games online. Just imagine telling this to parents wanting to buy a console for their kids... "Wait. I have to pay $120 a year for XBLG for my kids to play Fortnite on Xbox, but it's free to play on PS5?"

It's actually absurd. Once GPUs that are equivalent to the XSX become cheap in a couple of years, there will be zero reason to buy an Xbox.