CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

What would you do to the movement without changing the core of the classic halo games

Armor Abilities (A) 

Thruster functions the same whether standing, crouched, or airborne.  Attack is never disabled.  

Evade performs three different maneuvers depending on whether the player is standing, crouched, or airborne.  Attack is temporarily disabled.  

Gravity Boots perform a series of three maneuvers with three successive button presses.  1) high jump, 2) hover, 3) ground stomp.  

Sphere shrinks and transforms the player model into a ball that can roll and jump but not attack.  The smaller player model can fit through short and narrow passages, granting the user access to exclusive paths ie shortcuts.  One unique vehicle is only accessible by players in sphere form, like a battle skin for the sentient orb.  

Aerial Abilities (LB while airborne) 

Jump Jet - double jump 

Wall Kick - propels player up and away from wall 

Gravity Gauntlet - short range forward lunge followed by clamber if a ledge is reached 

Glider - reduced descent speed and increased forward movement speed, can steer left and right 

Equipment (B)

Chariot - single-rider user-deployable vehicle, constant forward boost, can steer left and right, can’t slow down only disable 

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Armor Abilities (A) 

Thruster functions the same whether standing, crouched, or airborne.  Attack is never disabled.  

Evade performs three different maneuvers depending on whether the player is standing, crouched, or airborne.  Attack is temporarily disabled.  

Gravity Boots perform a series of three maneuvers with three successive button presses.  1) high jump, 2) hover, 3) ground stomp.  

Sphere shrinks and transforms the player model into a ball that can roll and jump but not attack.  The smaller player model can fit through short and narrow passages, granting the user access to exclusive paths ie shortcuts.  One unique vehicle is only accessible by players in sphere form, like a battle skin for the sentient orb.  

Aerial Ability (LB while airborne) 

Jump Jet - double jump 

Wall Kick - propels player up and away from wall 

Gravity Gauntlet - short range forward lunge followed by clamber if a ledge is reached 

Glider - reduced descent speed and increased forward movement speed, can steer left and right 

Equipment (B)

Chariot - single-rider user-deployable vehicle, constant forward boost, can steer left and right, can’t slow down only disable 

Hmmm not bad. I’ve always wanted a double jump in halo, and I think that’d be better than clamber. Gravity gauntlet just sounds like auto stabilize that moves forward. Glider is cool and is basically just air control.

• Downvote (-1) 1

So I'm lost... are they doing the staggered release? Cause how can you have MP and campaign and have MP be F2P? will that mean launching two separate clients for each option? Client for campaign and theater and a client for MP, forge, customs. Like launching warzone or Cold war....

Like I remember them saying they thought of doing it, but then rejected it, but the more I think about it the more it sounds like theyre going to do it anyway. 

help?

If you didn't think the campaign was in an absolute mess after the reveal then you're a big ol' goose.

• Like (+1) 2

Yall crazy if you thought Infinite would be good out of the box on like a competitive level. I look forward to seeing how the settings change and have a small hope that someone in charge of it will execute their job well. If I'm being realistic its probably going to crash and burn and be another game people play for 2 weeks before hopping back on CoD or Fortnite or whatever. Obviously the hope is that its a good game and we're all happily playing it but just keep your perspective and hopes in line with what has actually happened between 2001 and 2021.

Help, thoughts, feedback and or opinions should be fresh and available from people that care when they start doing flights and hopefully they'll take that feedback seriously. Even if it turns out I don't like Infinite I'd be willing to give real feedback and play in flights. Hell I even played the H4 flights and I hate that game so hopefully others will do the same

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Not the new ones. 

Unironic "Halo needs to evolve" jerking on this forum, now I've seen it all

6 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I think it’s both honestly and evidence has shown that’s the case. 

Go to waypoint and shill there lmao

Yes I hate Halo 5 because 343 made it not because it's like a undergraduate course on what not to add to Halo

Yes, a ridiculously long TTK crushes any individual skillgap while reducing any "team strategy" to the most braindead form imaginable, and we've already repeated this a billion times before

Please, I'm fairly sure people will like your shilling on Waypoint or Reddit, go there instead and talk about how amazing Halo 4 abilities are and how much you love playable Elites

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact we're having this fucking argument in 2021 is proof that this franchise and it's fanbase deserve to have been kneecapped and lost forever to time

• Like (+1) 6

10 hours ago, znot said:

So I'm lost... are they doing the staggered release?

No talk of releasing multiplayer and campaign at later dates from each other. There's a very small chance that whatever they were going to withhold for the first year from the original launch is going to be there this year, both for Multiplayer and Campaign.

Also.

Don't be too excited about the BTB Leak. It's real, but considering that Warzone and REQs from H5 made 343 bank, it's only natural to believe they're going to try it a second time.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Yall crazy if you thought Infinite would be good out of the box on like a competitive level. I look forward to seeing how the settings change and have a small hope that someone in charge of it will execute their job well.

343 gets final say on the esports settings, no? 

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Don't be too excited about the BTB Leak. It's real, but considering that Warzone and REQs from H5 made 343 bank, it's only natural to believe they're going to try it a second time.

They said they're dropping the REQ system, how in the actual fuck are they planning to make that kind of money again with the shit-ass player base they cultivated?

25 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They said they're dropping the REQ system, how in the actual fuck are they planning to make that kind of money again with the shit-ass player base they cultivated?

They never said that. They said no money loot boxes but Reqs will still likely be there in this mode. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

10 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Unironic "Halo needs to evolve" jerking on this forum, now I've seen it all

Go to waypoint and shill there lmao

Yes I hate Halo 5 because 343 made it not because it's like a undergraduate course on what not to add to Halo

Yes, a ridiculously long TTK crushes any individual skillgap while reducing any "team strategy" to the most braindead form imaginable, and we've already repeated this a billion times before

Please, I'm fairly sure people will like your shilling on Waypoint or Reddit, go there instead and talk about how amazing Halo 4 abilities are and how much you love playable Elites

I don’t like halo 4 though I like comp halo but you keep talking about pointless topics that never come to pass. The TTK isn’t ridiculously long though. 1.3 seconds was the h5 pistol I believe, that’s not ridiculously long. People like that because it gives them a chance to turn around on a person. No one likes being killed because some guy shot them in the back. If you want TTK that quick go play call of duty. And besides we’re not going to get a fast TTK on ce level so just give up talking about it. Also don’t bother making some gold pro because it won’t get played. Y’all tried in h5, and tried in reach and it failed. H5 it was even worse because you had a custom browser and everything and even had guys like Veto try it. Dudes competitive yet is complete garbage at the game, smh

• Downvote (-1) 2

31 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

1.3 seconds was the h5 pistol I believe, that’s not ridiculously long. People like that because it gives them a chance to turn around on a person. No one likes being killed because some guy shot them in the back.

You keep making the argument that people like modern halo's gameplay but ignore the fact that modern halo is unpopular. 

If more people liked long TTKs + unlimited respawns, halo's population would be in a much better place. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

You keep making the argument that people like modern halo's gameplay but ignore the fact that modern halo is unpopular. 

If more people liked long TTKs + unlimited respawns, halo's population would be in a much better place. 

Do you have evidence it lacking some fast TTK is a factor to why halo has declined. H2&3 had a long TTK according to YOU and they were a thousand times more popular than CE

• Downvote (-1) 1

8 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Do you have evidence it lacking some fast TTK is a factor to why halo has declined. H2&3 had a long TTK according to YOU and they were a thousand times more popular than CE

It's literally written on the wall (or message board in this case) about how increasing the overall quality of the game contributed a lot to 2+3 success. We lost features going forward and that's a turn off on top of cheesy gameplay elements whether some things like gun play or kill times felt slightly better from one iteration to another is not all that relevant when compared to glaring issues that are frequently briefed about in each "completed package" of Halo. The point is that there are core functions and features to the game that have not been sustained well nor improved since the arguable peak(s).

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Crimson said:

It's literally written on the wall (or message board in this case) about how increasing the overall quality of the game contributed a lot to 2+3 success. We lost features going forward and that's a turn off on top of cheesy gameplay elements whether some things like gun play or kill times felt slightly better from one iteration to another. The point is that there are core functions and features to the game that have not been sustained well nor improved since the arguable peak(s).

If losing features is simply fast power ups then no one gives a damn except CE purist 

• Downvote (-1) 4

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

If losing features is simply fast power ups then no one gives a damn except CE purist 

That's a loaded issue with power-ups in general, I don't feel that Halo 4-5 had a good power weapon balance relative to the utility and each other so I wouldn't want those games or anything emulating it to turn into a fiesta. I still prefer fast power ups but to put that on CE fans is kinda weird.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Several people here have explained this to you before, but yeah - killtimes dramatically increased in Reach and the franchise tanked, going from #1 on XBL to getting knocked out of the top 10.

MLG dropped Halo and never picked it back up due to the game's unpopularity, they couldnt make a profit off running halo tournaments anymore whereas they would sell out of team passes for H2 and H3 events in the past.

The franchise never recovered from the Reach nosedive with the killtimes staying roughly consistent from Reach - H5. Halo's population is nowhere near where it used to be, and it can't compete against other top games anymore.

Hoping we dont need to re-explain this to you again. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

That's a loaded issue with power-ups in general, I don't feel that Halo 4-5 had a good power weapon balance relative to the utility and each other so I wouldn't want those games or anything emulating it to turn into a fiesta. I still prefer fast power ups but to put that on CE fans is kinda weird.

Because only CE people give a damn about them 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Why do you people insist on texting with Reamis. His mind is made up, and so was yours before you tik-takked on the keyboard.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Why do you people insist on texting with Reamis. His mind is made up, and so was yours before you tik-takked on the keyboard.

Because you and everyone here is garbage at halo yet likes the competitive merits of it all yet can’t hold a candle to anyone who actually is any good

• Downvote (-1) 5

Can someone who is actually decent 1v1 this kid? I would but I'm at work

4 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Getting idiots riled up & making them look stupid is a guilty pleasure of mine.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Because only CE people give a damn about them 

I think a large amount of people like getting multiple chances to use power weapons in Halo, especially casuals. Why should that be limited by stuff like REQs or their poor balance in the sandbox enforcing a harsher limit per game?

• Like (+1) 1